Possible major upsets in Region 19 and 23?

wobycat
SEOPS

Possible major upsets in Region 19 and 23?

Post by wobycat »

Region 19

Ready over wood. Ready has played a tough schedule and has been in every game. Does their schedule help them compete with wood especially with the weather.

West over Burg. Does burg think they have it in the bag? West has some good talent and been close in some games.

Coshocton over piketon. Will the weather favor the redskins? Coshocton started off bad but have won 5 of their last 6.

Region 23

Valley over WJ? Has WJ played anyone?

Kipp over symmes valley. Can kipp athletes overcome the physical Vikings? Can they overcome the bus trip?
Last edited by wobycat on Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigGuy10
Varsity

Re: Possible major upsets in Region 19 and 23?

Post by BigGuy10 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:35 am Region 19

Ready over wood. Ready has played a tough schedule and has been in every game. Does their schedule help them compete with wood especially with the weather.

West over Burg. Does burg think they have it in the bag? West has some good talent and been close in some games.

Coshocton over prep. Does Jennings suit up? Will the weather favor the redskins? Coshocton started off bad but have won 5 of their last 6.

Region 23

Valley over Fairland? Again repeat with weather. Valley runs the ball pretty good. Can fairland pass well on that muddy field?

Kipp over symmes valley. Can kipp athletes overcome the physical Vikings? Can they overcome the bus trip?
Well, in Region 19 Coshocton opens up at Piketon and wouldn't see Prep until a possible 3rd round matchup.

In Region 23, Valley plays at West Jefferson, not at Fairland who hosts Buckeye Trail

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BigGuy10 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:41 am

Coshocton over prep. Does Jennings suit up? Will the weather favor the redskins? Coshocton started off bad but have won 5 of their last 6.

Region 23

Valley over Fairland? Again repeat with weather. Valley runs the ball pretty good. Can fairland pass well on that muddy field?

Well, in Region 19 Coshocton opens up at Piketon and wouldn't see Prep until a possible 3rd round matchup.

In Region 23, Valley plays at West Jefferson, not at Fairland who hosts Buckeye Trail
Good grief. I butchered that. Lol let me correct that.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

Coshocton over piketon. Will the weather favor the redskins? Coshocton started off bad but have won 5 of their last 6.

Region 23

I think this is all very realistic. The Wood is a tough place to win, The Burg is a tough place to win. SV grounds crew and Mother Nature needs to come through for them this week. I think that Valley and Ready are the long shots. If West coaching staff can come up with a good game plan and they limit mistakes I think they can make it a game, despite what happened last week.

WWE HALL OF FAME
coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley is def battle tested, of the 6 losses those teams are all D4/5 and are all playoff teams with a combined record of 43-15. I dont know if they have the horses per say, but WJ wont be the best team theyve seen all year.

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

coop wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:56 pm Valley is def battle tested, of the 6 losses those teams are all D4/5 and are all playoff teams with a combined record of 43-15. I dont know if they have the horses per say, but WJ wont be the best team theyve seen all year.
Digging a litter deeper.... 9 of the 15 L's by Valley's opponents are to common opponents.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

MrPerfect wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:41 pm

Region 23

I think this is all very realistic. The Wood is a tough place to win, The Burg is a tough place to win. SV grounds crew and Mother Nature needs to come through for them this week. I think that Valley and Ready are the long shots. If West coaching staff can come up with a good game plan and they limit mistakes I think they can make it a game, despite what happened last week.
I agree, all are possibilities.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Fan of the youth wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:13 pm
coop wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:56 pm Valley is def battle tested, of the 6 losses those teams are all D4/5 and are all playoff teams with a combined record of 43-15. I dont know if they have the horses per say, but WJ wont be the best team theyve seen all year.
Digging a litter deeper.... 9 of the 15 L's by Valley's opponents are to common opponents.
Exactly. They've lined up and played with the big boys of the area, so I'm interested in this matchup, and a team with "nothing to lose" so-to-speak tends to play a touch loose, which is always good.

CAT22
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT22 »

WJ absolutely whooped paint valley, so I think WJ is the decided favorite in their matchup against Valley. I wouldn’t be surprised if Valley keeps it close for a quarter or two, but WJ should pull away and secure a comfortable win by a few TDs

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

CAT22 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:53 pm WJ absolutely whooped paint valley, so I think WJ is the decided favorite in their matchup against Valley. I wouldn’t be surprised if Valley keeps it close for a quarter or two, but WJ should pull away and secure a comfortable win by a few TDs
6-41 with a scoop n score for 6 included for WJ. I think Valley's line will perform better than many of the teams West Jefferson played this year and it will be a close game. Depth has hurt Valley this year. In almost all the games lost they have played tight until the late in the 3rd.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I don’t see any upsets in region 19 first round. If Portsmouth or Zane trace would win that’s not a upset they are 8 and 9 seed. I think fairland in d6 could have a tough matchup with liberty union. I think Troy Christian could beat notre dame in division 7. And germantown valley view could very well beat waverly.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005

Return to “Football”