Fort Frye 36 Nelsonville-York 6 2021 Playoffs

Ff3233
All Conference

Re: WK 12: 8. Nelsonville-York (8-3) @ 1. Fort Frye (9-1)

Post by Ff3233 »

Omaha wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:57 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:25 pm I think NY and Fort still play this weekend, so I guess I’ll talk about the game lol. I’m excited for the trip back to Beverly. NY has been playing really well and this will be a good measuring stick to see how the younger guys do against a team of this caliber. Looking at the stats the last two games. NY has completed three passes the last two weeks, which we really haven’t needed to throw but will have to this week in my opinion. If we don’t develop a passing game I think Forts line and LBs will eat our run game up all night. Will have to give them something else to look at.
Why would NY need to "Develop" their passing game?
They have shown they can throw the ball and they have good recovers. The fact that they haven't had to throw the ball doesn't mean they don't have a passing game. Also, the Cadets do have a really good run defense from what I've heard but NY has a really good oline as well. I agree that the Buckeyes will have to throw the ball.
On the defensive end, I'll take NY's D-line and linebackers up against anyone any day. Not one team has been able to stop Martin in 11 weeks at D-end. Loge is a stud, Richards is darn good as well (see, I finally bought a program).

Fort Frye is pretty darn good team. They have been very successful for a while, but if they underestimate NY, they will find themselves in trouble.
Believe me, FF not taking anything for granted. And FF schedule has prepared them

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Reason the wing-T is so successful is because you don’t know who is getting the ball. NY teaches the Lbs the to follow the guards but you can’t do that with Fort. They have 4 options if you count the Qb who can run the ball. Soon as you focus on Crazy Legs they will hit you with Owen Brown.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Omaha wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:57 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:25 pm I think NY and Fort still play this weekend, so I guess I’ll talk about the game lol. I’m excited for the trip back to Beverly. NY has been playing really well and this will be a good measuring stick to see how the younger guys do against a team of this caliber. Looking at the stats the last two games. NY has completed three passes the last two weeks, which we really haven’t needed to throw but will have to this week in my opinion. If we don’t develop a passing game I think Forts line and LBs will eat our run game up all night. Will have to give them something else to look at.
Why would NY need to "Develop" their passing game?
They have shown they can throw the ball and they have good recovers. The fact that they haven't had to throw the ball doesn't mean they don't have a passing game. Also, the Cadets do have a really good run defense from what I've heard but NY has a really good oline as well. I agree that the Buckeyes will have to throw the ball.
On the defensive end, I'll take NY's D-line and linebackers up against anyone any day. Not one team has been able to stop Martin in 11 weeks at D-end. Loge is a stud, Richards is darn good as well (see, I finally bought a program).

Fort Frye is pretty darn good team. They have been very successful for a while, but if they underestimate NY, they will find themselves in trouble.
I guess I should have worded that differently. I meant during this particular game itself. Loge and Richards have been very good all year. Richards has been very good for a sophomore. Konkling has been getting better each game at LB as well. Our O Line had their best game last night in my opinion. Martin gets held more then anybody I have ever seen. Glad he finally got some of those calls last night.

Omaha
Riding the Bench

Post by Omaha »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:04 pm Reason the wing-T is so successful is because you don’t know who is getting the ball. NY teaches the Lbs the to follow the guards but you can’t do that with Fort. They have 4 options if you count the Qb who can run the ball. Soon as you focus on Crazy Legs they will hit you with Owen Brown.
Most teams tech their kids to follow the gaurds. Been that way since I was a kid, their are other keys to read and I'm sure they will be working on it this week.

"Do what you do, and do it well"
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Maeson “ Crazylegs “ Long had 229 yards 11 carrries 4 Tds vs Northridge

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

Nelsonville has a rich history and will be ready to play this game and I believe it could be close for the first half and maybe into the second but in the end, FF has too many horses and are too good at what they do. FF 42 NY 21

whsfan001
Waterboy

Post by whsfan001 »

I have Nelsonville in this one they know how to stop the wing t and I believe fort Frye is overrated and have met their match this week.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

whsfan001 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:49 pm I have Nelsonville in this one they know how to stop the wing t and I believe fort Frye is overrated and have met their match this week.
Can I at least ask why you think ff is overrated?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

whsfan001 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:49 pm I have Nelsonville in this one they know how to stop the wing t and I believe fort Frye is overrated and have met their match this week.
Fort Frye beat Trimble 45-13 without one of its better players. Nelsonville lost to Trimble 7-6.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Nelsonville lost to the best teams on their schedule. They beat a lot of bad teams. Could they have scheduled better and gotten a 4 or 5 seed?

Omaha
Riding the Bench

Post by Omaha »

efarns wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:06 am Nelsonville lost to the best teams on their schedule. They beat a lot of bad teams. Could they have scheduled better and gotten a 4 or 5 seed?
If the Buckeyes played the Cats again, they would win by 14, had 2 starting linebackers and a D-end out, then lost another starter very early in the game against the Green Wave. Don't know if NY would have beat Newark Catholic healthy but they would have made it a heck of a game. The final score with the injured players not playing was 38-14.
Week 3 the Buckeyes had 9 starters out because of quarantine. Then they had another starter get injured in the second quarter. They literally had a bunch of JV kids playing against a varsity team and still only lost 14-6. That game should have been cancelled. Teams have cancelled for having 1 kid in quarantine.
Bad luck and a few injuries caught NY early in the season.
Trimble is a rivalry game, you show up and knock the crap out of each other for 4 quarters. We missed an extra point. Freshman kicker who has come a long way this season. Had a chance to win it at the end but came up short.

The truth is, we can't change those scores. This team is better than some people think.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Omaha wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:26 am
efarns wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:06 am Nelsonville lost to the best teams on their schedule. They beat a lot of bad teams. Could they have scheduled better and gotten a 4 or 5 seed?
If the Buckeyes played the Cats again, they would win by 14, had 2 starting linebackers and a D-end out, then lost another starter very early in the game against the Green Wave. Don't know if NY would have beat Newark Catholic healthy but they would have made it a heck of a game. The final score with the injured players not playing was 38-14.
Week 3 the Buckeyes had 9 starters out because of quarantine. Then they had another starter get injured in the second quarter. They literally had a bunch of JV kids playing against a varsity team and still only lost 14-6. That game should have been cancelled. Teams have cancelled for having 1 kid in quarantine.
Trimble is a rivalry game, you show up and knock the crap out of each other for 4 quarters. We missed an extra point. Freshman kicker who has come a long way this season. Had a chance to win it at the end but came up short.

The truth is, we can't change those scores. This team is better than some people think.
Fair enough. I do get the sense that this team has come a long way since week 1.

I am completely hung up on Trimble. Let's go with "Nelsonville would win by 14." Did anybody watch Trimble play Fort Frye?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I love Nelsonville I have always had Buckeyes back except when they play Fort Frye.

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

FF wins this game by 20. Nelsonville best win of the season was a 2 touchdown victory over 6-4 Vinton County. Who lost to 3-8 Warren by two touchdowns. A team FF beat by 4 touchdowns. FF will shut down Buckeyes run game.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Another problem with NYs schedule this year was we got no help from our conference teams. They did horrible out of conference and the ones that did win played nobody. I wish NY would replace Oak Hill with Fort in regular season.

Omaha
Riding the Bench

Post by Omaha »

efarns wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:53 am
Omaha wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:26 am

Fair enough. I do get the sense that this team has come a long way since week 1.

I am completely hung up on Trimble. Let's go with "Nelsonville would win by 14." Did anybody watch Trimble play Fort Frye?
2 things,
1- It's a rivalry game.
2- Matchups matter.
Also, there were 5 or 6 plays where we were one block away from long touchdown runs. That has been fixed since then.

The Sun is still going to come up Sunday morning and I'm still going Hunting no matter who wins. I don't live or die based off of a game high school kids are playing.
I do however, believe that NY is a very good team. I also believe Fort Frye is a darn good team as well. I don't think NY minds being underdogs. I mean, they aren't supposed to win according to most so they have nothing to lose.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

NY BUCK wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:00 am Another problem with NYs schedule this year was we got no help from our conference teams. They did horrible out of conference and the ones that did win played nobody. I wish NY would replace Oak Hill with Fort in regular season.
With 16 teams making the playoffs I see no reason why these to should not play. Still mad I never got to go to Boston Field because of Covid.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I understand that Nelsonville-York has improved. The thing is Fort Frye could of scored more on Trimble if they wanted to. Fort Frye ran for 300 yards without Owen Brown.

Omaha
Riding the Bench

Post by Omaha »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:13 am
NY BUCK wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:00 am Another problem with NYs schedule this year was we got no help from our conference teams. They did horrible out of conference and the ones that did win played nobody. I wish NY would replace Oak Hill with Fort in regular season.
With 16 teams making the playoffs I see no reason why these to should not play. Still mad I never got to go to Boston Field because of Covid.
All the information I get is second or third hand so take it for what it's worth, but I've heard that Logan may be getting back on the schedule soon and that Newark Catholic might not renew after this contract is up. I've also heard that NY has been talking to a team or 2 about future scheduling. I think they should keep Oak Hill on there schedule. Week 5 is not the time to throw in a really tough team on your schedule.

Omaha
Riding the Bench

Post by Omaha »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:19 am I understand that Nelsonville-York has improved. The thing is Fort Frye could of scored more on Trimble if they wanted to. Fort Frye ran for 300 yards without Owen Brown.
I guess everyone will find out Saturday, right?

Return to “Football”