Clinton-Massie 49 Waverly 28 2021 Playoffs

smurray
SEOPS HO

Clinton-Massie 49 Waverly 28 2021 Playoffs

Post by smurray »

Waverly looked awful in the first half against Valleyview then smacked them in the mouth the second half. The Tiger Defense kept them in the game the first half only giving up the one TD then just totally dominated the second half while the offense exploded.

This one is a rematch of last years playoff game that went down to the last play of the game as Massie kicked a FG to win it 31-28.
I believe the Waverly Defense is better than last year but I think it will take a great offensive display for the Tigers to win this one on the road.

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Round 2 Region 16 Waverly at Massie

Post by greygoose »

Well just like last year, Clinton Massie comes in scoring a ton of points but Waverly's run defense is much better this year and having faced Clinton Massie last year will go a long ways in preparing them for that Massie offense. Clinton Massie should once again be vulnerable against the pass as Western Brown was able to put up 35 against that defense with the QB, who is a stud but still 40-57 passing, 370 yards and 5 TD passes. Waverly will have to use their advantage on the outside and hopefully the experience gained from last year to stay in this one. I think the defense can keep it close I'm not quite sure how the offense for Waverly is going to come out. If you think you're playing 1/2 a game against Clinton Massie and winning, then you're crazy. Clinton Massie 28-21, but I think this is a matchup that plays into Waverly's strengths and wouldn't be shocked to see an upset pulled out.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

We know what great talent we have on the outside in Futhey and Morrison, but the Tigers have to continue running the rock when teams try to take that away (which I don’t blame them). That offensive line continues to get better moving forward and Hurd shows such great patience and acceleration for a young back and always moves the pile forward. He’s special.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:59 am We know what great talent we have on the outside in Futhey and Morrison, but the Tigers have to continue running the rock when teams try to take that away (which I don’t blame them). That offensive line continues to get better moving forward and Hurd shows such great patience and acceleration for a young back and always moves the pile forward. He’s special.
Yes, no seniors on the Oline and Hurd just a sophomore.
The Oline has improved each week and Hurd is a special one, even fighting through that nagging injury.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

It’s no secret that Massie will be running the ball. But they will throw a play action occasionally to catch you off guard. They pretty much return everyone from last year. It doesn’t look like they even have an underclassman that gets much time at that. They have scored 70+ twice this year and 69 another. Their offense is a pain to defend. I think Waverly’s D can get some stops, but when they do the offense must take advantage. Who knows how many possessions Waverly’s offense will get, it could be limited with how Massie likes to play. So they cannot afford to string multiple possessions together of not even getting a first down like they did against VV in the first half. If the offense waits until the 2nd half to show up, it will be a long ride home. I do believe Waverly’s offense can score on Massie tho. Western Brown is similar to Waverly and they were able to pass very effectively against them, Massie’s dbs do no appear to be very big at all. This will be a game where the o-line will have to have a great game, appears Massie likes to use different blitzes and stunts to confuse the line, so it will be a big test for them.

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

Both teams are better prepared for each other than last year. Waverly can look back on the film last year and see similar action with the option. Massie played two teams that are heavy spread with Western Brown and Anderson. One kid that didn’t play last year in the game due to injury but can be a key factor for Massie is Carter Frank #20. One of the 3 headed attack in their back field but he will also lineup at WR some and catch defenses on a PA call. He has played solid defensively this year as well.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Massie 34

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

I'm going with Waverly in the upset by a walkoff field goal but the Tigers will have to bring their big boy run defense, the one they used the 2nd half vs V.V. Good luck Waverly!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Waverly definitely can win this game but can’t start off slow like last game. Massie plays ball control.. Waverly can win in a shootout

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I watched the Massie Western Brown first half and that game was 21-14 at halftime and 7-0 at the end of one.
Massie could have been up more after one but WB made a great defensive stand at the 10. The entire first quarter was played in WB territory as the offense couldn’t get going and defense picking up 3 or 4 personal fouls in the quarter and an unsportsmanlike penalty after the Massie TD.
Once WB settled down they played them even.

Western Brown offense is much different than Waverly as they spread 5 receivers out with no backs.
If there is a run it’s from the QB.
If Waverly is able to run the ball even a little that will help the passing game.

Waverly defense must figure out a way to stop the Massie three headed monster.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

smurray wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:35 pm I watched the Massie Western Brown first half and that game was 21-14 at halftime and 7-0 at the end of one.
Massie could have been up more after one but WB made a great defensive stand at the 10. The entire first quarter was played in WB territory as the offense couldn’t get going and defense picking up 3 or 4 personal fouls in the quarter and an unsportsmanlike penalty after the Massie TD.
Once WB settled down they played them even.

Western Brown offense is much different than Waverly as they spread 5 receivers out with no backs.
If there is a run it’s from the QB.
If Waverly is able to run the ball even a little that will help the passing game.

Waverly defense must figure out a way to stop the Massie three headed monster.
Guessing Waverly has a better defense than WB but they don’t have that QB

Going to take a special game and effort to knock off Massie. Good Luck

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Clinton-Massie is 9-1 this year. Their wins are against teams with a combined 39-53. Their only loss was against 9-3 Anderson. They’re averaging 47.5 points per game while giving up an average of 14.2 points per game.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

The silence from Tiger fans about this approaching game is deafening. Does this reflect a feeling of impending doom surrounding Waverly's chances against Massive or does it represent a quite confidence that the Tigers will compete?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Omega wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:53 am The silence from Tiger fans about this approaching game is deafening. Does this reflect a feeling of impending doom surrounding Waverly's chances against Massive or does it represent a quite confidence that the Tigers will compete?

Not sure why it’s not an active thread tbh maybe bc we don’t really know a whole lot abt them other then last year and there are no CM posters on here. I know on yappi there has been quite a bit of chatter abt this game

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

Omega wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:53 am The silence from Tiger fans about this approaching game is deafening. Does this reflect a feeling of impending doom surrounding Waverly's chances against Massive or does it represent a quite confidence that the Tigers will compete?
"Quite" or quiet? :lol:

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Really think this will be a solid game. Waverly will show up and compete not a doubt in my mind.

We know that Massie is a 92% running team with their QB only attempting 30 passes all year. If our defense plays like they did in the 2nd half of the VV game.. I look for a thriller in Clarksville tomorrow!! Go Tigers!

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

I really feel like it's important for the Tigers to get the lead in this game. If we can force them to put the ball in the air more than they want to, I think our defense can get off the field enough to make it happen. And, as it goes without saying, I don't think we can afford ANY turnovers tomorrow and I really think we need to create at least one for ourselves.

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

The key to stopping massie’s run game is the fullback Trampler. He don’t have the most yards or touchdowns but he opens up the big plays for the speedsters on the outside pitches. If you can stop him from getting 5-6 yards a carry on early downs it will slow their offense down and make them play behind so to speak.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:19 pm I really feel like it's important for the Tigers to get the lead in this game. If we can force them to put the ball in the air more than they want to, I think our defense can get off the field enough to make it happen. And, as it goes without saying, I don't think we can afford ANY turnovers tomorrow and I really think we need to create at least one for ourselves.
Yes, we must get stops. Their defense can cause us problems early so our defense must step up big. I’m hearing we’ll see some changes defensively to try to slow down the 3 headed monster. Tiger offense needs to click from the get go.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Tow Head wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:30 pm
"Quite" or quiet? :lol:

I was told there would be no grammar in this thread 😁😁😁

Gut feelings are your guardian angels

Return to “Football”