WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Re: WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

It's interesting that some here have said Burg is playing with house money while others have said nobody expected Burg to go this far. By making those statements they think all the pressure is on IHS. I doubt many Burg players understand house money like us old farts do but if they do and feel that way and are happy to just be there than it will be a long night. a lot has been made about how good the Burgs kicker is which i'm sure is true but lets give a little respect to my dude Mattyice the IHS kicker while not flashy has been money for the Tigers.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Re: Ironton vs burg at Portsmouth coliseum

Post by SciotoCfootball »

MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:09 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:58 pm
Broad Street wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:18 am Will there be any sort of live stream for this game? I am in Columbus, but would love to watch.
Unless its not allowed for games going forward im sure someone will stream it. Wouldn't be too far of a drive for MyTownTv and whoever does the Burg games.
I believe if the ohsaa doesn’t decide to broadcast on spectrum local stations are allowed to live stream the next few rounda
Great to hear. Thats the logical thing to do but I wasn't going to hold my breath lol

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:48 pm
DaWoodSoldier wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:33 pm From a Wood fans perspective. I mean this with all do respect, Ive watched all 7 Burg/Wood games over the years, this appeared to be the least talented Burg team the Wood has played. Wood had 19 1st downs and over 400 yds of offense and played 2nd half without Tingle and turned it over in Pirate territory twice. Burg couldnt run the football with much success at all. All 3 Burg TDs were on big plays and credit Burg for executing them, but truth is they were pretty limited offensively. Probably at best 4th best defense Wood saw all year(and the Wood's schedule wasnt great by any means)

With that said, hats off to the Burg for winning the game for thats all that matters. Much respect for the Burg program. They always compete and play the game hardnosed and gritty. I wouldnt dare count out the Burg in any football game. BUT unless Ironton has really, really, really fell on hard times this game shouldnt be close. I am certainly not saying it wont be or the Burg cant/wont win, but Ironton is the clear favorite here. Good luck to both teams. Hopefully both can be healthy as possible and remain so to whomever wins and moves on.
That’s a fair assessment. Burg O is not nearly as dynamic as teams from the past. As for the D, they do well against one-dimensional teams but struggle with teams that can pass and run; especially the pass as we saw against Ridgewood.
This is a bad assessment. Discrediting the offense is insane when Burgs O put the most points on ridgewood all year. Also held them to 20 points. Who cares about the yards. Ridgewood moved the ball but burg got enough stops with and without tingle. And they did this at ridgewood after a 3 hour bus trip
Last edited by wobycat on Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CFB1
Riding the Bench

Post by CFB1 »

Another Wood fan perspective. Burg was tough and gritty as always. No quit in them whatsoever. Wood struggled with turnovers and the injury to Tingle, but that is part of the game and Burg took advantage of it like good teams should. But I agree with the other Wood poster. As a Wood fan I was hoping for a wash at the LOS on both sides of the ball, but I figured Burg would have the advantage. Maybe Burg had a bad game or the Wood played their best game on both O and D lines because Wood was pretty much able to do what they wanted on offense and for the most part completely stuffed Burgs running game. Again no slight to Burg, as they stepped up and made the plays to win the game, but if it comes down to line play against Ironton I can’t imagine that would be a good thing for Burg, unless Ironton has severely regressed this year. Certainly Burg can win, but I think it will take some breaks to go their way and they will need to make some big plays and create some turnovers and put up some points. If it is a tight ball control type game then I think that favors Ironton in a big way.

ITigers
Waterboy

Post by ITigers »

I agree. Best win for sure. However, burg will not be able to run against tigers. Inside backers 25 and 9 fill too fast and come down hill better than any other backers I’ve seen this year in high school. Then 32 and 5 seal the edges. Their only hope is to throw. So if burg qb is on, it could make an interesting night. If not, we’ll you know the rest.

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: Ironton vs burg at Portsmouth coliseum

Post by MrFirstTake »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:40 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:09 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:58 pm

Unless its not allowed for games going forward im sure someone will stream it. Wouldn't be too far of a drive for MyTownTv and whoever does the Burg games.
I believe if the ohsaa doesn’t decide to broadcast on spectrum local stations are allowed to live stream the next few rounda
Great to hear. Thats the logical thing to do but I wasn't going to hold my breath lol
Yeah people are use to it now I know I sure am if you go through my YouTube I am subscribed to like 100 high school football live streaming channels a large majority of them ohio I will be kind of sad if they take it away honestly 🤣🤣

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Yeah but he’s not 1st team All-NBA so he sucks, per Chilli Blaze Mania 420.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

TigerBob wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:47 pm Yeah but he’s not 1st team All-NBA so he sucks, per Chilli Blaze Mania 420.

I guess you're right LOL

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

RR 78 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:58 am So Burg has nothing to loose? Playing with house money? I might be wrong but whichever team looses is done for the season. Right? Did the Burg figure out away to get around this? My friends this is the playoffs loose and go home. Both teams have an equal amount to loose. Ask the players from Wheelersburg if they have nothing to loose. The regular season games including the first game of the year mean nothing. This is going to be a slobber knocker!!!!
I stopped reading after the 3rd LOOSE. 👌🏼

DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:47 pm
RBH23 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:48 pm
DaWoodSoldier wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:33 pm From a Wood fans perspective. I mean this with all do respect, Ive watched all 7 Burg/Wood games over the years, this appeared to be the least talented Burg team the Wood has played. Wood had 19 1st downs and over 400 yds of offense and played 2nd half without Tingle and turned it over in Pirate territory twice. Burg couldnt run the football with much success at all. All 3 Burg TDs were on big plays and credit Burg for executing them, but truth is they were pretty limited offensively. Probably at best 4th best defense Wood saw all year(and the Wood's schedule wasnt great by any means)

With that said, hats off to the Burg for winning the game for thats all that matters. Much respect for the Burg program. They always compete and play the game hardnosed and gritty. I wouldnt dare count out the Burg in any football game. BUT unless Ironton has really, really, really fell on hard times this game shouldnt be close. I am certainly not saying it wont be or the Burg cant/wont win, but Ironton is the clear favorite here. Good luck to both teams. Hopefully both can be healthy as possible and remain so to whomever wins and moves on.
That’s a fair assessment. Burg O is not nearly as dynamic as teams from the past. As for the D, they do well against one-dimensional teams but struggle with teams that can pass and run; especially the pass as we saw against Ridgewood.
This is a bad assessment. Discrediting the offense is insane when Burgs O put the most points on ridgewood all year. Also held them to 20 points. Who cares about the yards. Ridgewood moved the ball but burg got enough stops with and without tingle. And they did this at ridgewood after a 3 hour bus trip
You are entitled to your opinion. I respect it, but I don’t agree with it. #24 had a little over 80 yds rushing, 39 yd td run and 30 yd run on last drive when Wood defense was attempting to strip the football. #18 was non factor in run game as was #8. Burg couldn’t run the football nor put drives together, that’s simply a fact, not a debate. Wood won the battle of trenches on both sides of ball. 2 td passes were simply go routes in which most average high school players complete. Sounds as if I’m attacking Burgs win, not my intent by any means. Burg won the game and credit to them for doing so.
As for enough stops with Tingle, held em to 2 scores in a half. That’s solid, but if you think his absence in 2nd half doesn’t have significant impact on game then that’s also your opinion but I respectfully disagree.
Good luck to Burg and Ironton this week and in future. Both EARNED the right to be still playing.

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

We can all throw around numbers. Didn't Ironton win a couple of golf titles ?
Also, since '89, Ironton has been to the championship game 5 times compared to 1 for wheelersburg. Yes - you won yours and we lost ours...doesn't diminish the accomplishment of going to the finals. I might also point out Ironton leading in the overall series. I could go on.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

The bottom.line is the Burg will have their hands full with Ironton. The Burg will show up and compete. Anything can happen. 2 ground and pound teams. Whoever wins the LOS will win this game. Plain and simple.

Big hands
Waterboy

Post by Big hands »

Holden was the best player on the field when Burg spanked Ironton!!!! I do believe he had 5 touchdown and over 230 yards . Grow up and act like adults. It doesn't matter who did what!!! Different time different place!!! Saturday is about the kids on the field. Hope both teams are healthy and ready to go.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

I thought this was a football thread, not basketball. Why all the hate towards Tanner Holden? Did he dunk on one of y" all's kids in a game or you just trying to somehow prove a point about what school has more talent. Again, I thought this was about the Burg and Ironton upcoming football game.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

scott1297 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:53 pm
Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:41 am
TigerMania wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:45 am

I hope someone reads this because this is very noticeable and the right decision to approach this game. Go Tigers!
Burg is undersized and slower than Ironton. If we play burg physical and pound the rock they will run out of gas.
Burg is undersized i agree but Burg being slower imo i don't agree with that statement
Yeah id say they're about even when it comes to speed.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Lavon Helm wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:12 pm Why do people keep saying the Burg is “playing with house money” and “have nothing to lose”? From the analysis I’ve read on this thread it seems most people think they may be the favorite based on Ironton injuries and terrible play calling, as well as Wheelersburg’s apparent amazing improvement.
Ironton is at least a 14-17 favorite. No reason Ironton don’t win this game easily.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:44 pm
Lavon Helm wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:12 pm Why do people keep saying the Burg is “playing with house money” and “have nothing to lose”? From the analysis I’ve read on this thread it seems most people think they may be the favorite based on Ironton injuries and terrible play calling, as well as Wheelersburg’s apparent amazing improvement.
Ironton is at least a 14-17 favorite. No reason Ironton don’t win this game easily.
As easily as Jackson beat Burg?*

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

art_vandelay wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:50 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:44 pm
As easily as Jackson beat Burg?*
Have no clue what that even means 🤷‍♂️

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

I believe they are saying Jackson had trouble beating the Burg, it was a close game. Jackson could've beat Ironton and it was a close game. I guess all things considered equal maybe.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

The Nature Boy wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:59 pm I believe they are saying Jackson had trouble beating the Burg, it was a close game. Jackson could've beat Ironton and it was a close game. I guess all things considered equal maybe.
I think all 3 programs are very equal. Some night they shine and look better and some nights they look average. Burg could’ve easily beaten Jackson, Jackson could’ve beaten Burg by 21, Jackson could’ve beaten Ironton , Ironton may beat em by 21 next time. Ironton pounded Burg first time ...my gut says it may be very close second time .

Return to “Football”