WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Re: WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Post by The Nature Boy »

I think you are right. Game should be a good one. Both of the teams will be bringing all they got and leave it on the field.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

The Nature Boy wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:22 pm I think you are right. Game should be a good one. Both of the teams will be bringing all they got and leave it on the field.

Let’s just hope they don’t beat each other up so bad that they can’t compete the next week. This is going to be a hard hitting game for sure.

Winners gets either Harvest Prep or Columbus Academy. Tough task indeed.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

This should be a heck of a game, Burg is a team we've seen improve each and every week and while they're not the best at 1 thing, outside of the kicker, they do a lot of things really well. Look for a very low scoring game and I'm going with Burg in this one 13-10, winner of this game takes on a tough Harvest Prep team. Harvest Prep taking on a CA school they already beat 49-14 plus the CA QB missed the entire 2nd half against Piketon, simply wasn't overly impressed with CA. Good luck to both teams

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:36 pm This should be a heck of a game, Burg is a team we've seen improve each and every week and while they're not the best at 1 thing, outside of the kicker, they do a lot of things really well. Look for a very low scoring game and I'm going with Burg in this one 13-10, winner of this game takes on a tough Harvest Prep team. Harvest Prep taking on a CA school they already beat 49-14 plus the CA QB missed the entire 2nd half against Piketon, simply wasn't overly impressed with CA. Good luck to both teams
Exactly.. Burg has always been known as one of the most sound and well coached teams around. They may not be the best at one thing, but overall they are always complete. Coaches put them in position to do what they need to do, and the Pirates always play hard one of the best 4th qtr programs. Their conditioning has always stood out to me. Winner plays Harvest Prep I knew they were going to the region 19 championship as soon as the brackets were final. Great football coming our way over the next two weeks!

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

I made a seperate thread announcing his commitment but figured id post here as well. Congrats to the young man he plays hard!!
Attachments
Screenshot_20211108-222635_Twitter.jpg

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

NO live stream for the game. Looks like there might be a record attendance at Portsmouth Coliseum this weekend lol
Attachments
Screenshot_20211108-225741_Facebook.jpg

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Re: Ironton vs burg at Portsmouth coliseum

NO live stream for game this weekend according to Ironton.
Attachments
Screenshot_20211108-225741_Facebook.jpg

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:59 pm NO live stream for the game. Looks like there might be a record attendance at Portsmouth Coliseum this weekend lol
Was wondering at what point OHSAA was going to say, that's deep enough into the playoffs for free at home.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:01 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:59 pm NO live stream for the game. Looks like there might be a record attendance at Portsmouth Coliseum this weekend lol
Was wondering at what point OHSAA was going to say, that's deep enough into the playoffs for free at home.
Yeah I figured now that its time for neutral sites this was coming lol assuming this is due to them.

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

Nope, Carrico is it. You bring these big time kids in and they get d1 offers and you pound your chest when actually they would gotten it from wherever they came from. But Ironton people will claim them as 1 of their own because they have been there for 2 years. It's pretty pathetic actually. Lol

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Yh8awinner wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:49 am Nope, Carrico is it. You bring these big time kids in and they get d1 offers and you pound your chest when actually they would gotten it from wherever they came from. But Ironton people will claim them as 1 of their own because they have been there for 2 years. It's pretty pathetic actually. Lol
Sheesh you’re a miserable person.

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

I'm a miserable person because I stated a fact? Ok, maybe i stepped over the line saying it's pathetic but it is funny when they brag about all the d1 talent that Ironton produces every year the last few years when pretty much every kid that has d1 offers are not from there.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Yh8awinner wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:20 am I'm a miserable person because I stated a fact? Ok, maybe i stepped over the line saying it's pathetic but it is funny when they brag about all the d1 talent that Ironton produces every year the last few years when pretty much every kid that has d1 offers are not from there.
They might not all be from there but I guarantee they don’t all get the same opportunities without coach Pendleton helping them out. That guy knows how to get kids to the next level. He must tell these kids step by step what they need to do to get to play college ball. This guys been there done that on the biggest stages of college football. If I was a high school kid wanting to play big time college ball I’m writing down everything that man tells me.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Yh8awinner wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:20 am I'm a miserable person because I stated a fact? Ok, maybe i stepped over the line saying it's pathetic but it is funny when they brag about all the d1 talent that Ironton produces every year the last few years when pretty much every kid that has d1 offers are not from there.
Ashton Duncan carrico Boggs Cochran Barnes carpenter not from there?

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Lavon Helm
Riding the Bench

Post by Lavon Helm »

As usual, some great game analysis going on from Southern Ohio football fans.

Lavon Helm
Riding the Bench

Post by Lavon Helm »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:44 pm
Lavon Helm wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:12 pm Why do people keep saying the Burg is “playing with house money” and “have nothing to lose”? From the analysis I’ve read on this thread it seems most people think they may be the favorite based on Ironton injuries and terrible play calling, as well as Wheelersburg’s apparent amazing improvement.
Ironton is at least a 14-17 favorite. No reason Ironton don’t win this game easily.
I'll take all bets giving me Wheelersburg and 17. There isn't a bookie around that will give you that.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Will this game be on mytown tv?

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

TigerMania wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:36 am Will this game be on mytown tv?
Nope spectrum

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Congrats to the young man from Ironton making it to the next level. Yes, Appalachian train of thought for some folks is keep everybody beat down and don't help anybody rise above. I lived that for years till I finally got tired of it and did something about it. There is good and bad wherever you go but Southern Ohio has more than it's fair share of this is my piece of pie and you can't have any. Sorry for the rant on this forum. Hope the game Saturday is injury free, well officiated and the best team wins.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

The Nature Boy wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:48 am Congrats to the young man from Ironton making it to the next level. Yes, Appalachian train of thought for some folks is keep everybody beat down and don't help anybody rise above. I lived that for years till I finally got tired of it and did something about it. There is good and bad wherever you go but Southern Ohio has more than it's fair share of this is my piece of pie and you can't have any. Sorry for the rant on this forum. Hope the game Saturday is injury free, well officiated and the best team wins.
Well officiated would be nice I’ve seen a few head scratching calls to say the least the first few weeks. I have a name for the people who want to beat everyone down and not see them do well but it’s not appropriate for this forum 😂 it’s something like Little Man Syndrome just a little different

Return to “Football”