WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

SG REBEL

Re: WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Post by SG REBEL »

The Reb will be making the trip to P-Town to take in this game!

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Valley, , West Portsmouth, Deer Park, Rock Hill, Coal Grove, South Point, Chesapeake, Zane Trace.which win is above average for Portsmouth. name a win of signifance in last 3 years, 5 years, even 8 years. 1 point losses is lost games not wins of signifance . Just sayin. they won games they should have and anything else no. by the way Congrats to Portsmouth on a winning year.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Prime Time wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:24 pm Valley, , West Portsmouth, Deer Park, Rock Hill, Coal Grove, South Point, Chesapeake, Zane Trace.which win is above average for Portsmouth. name a win of signifance in last 3 years, 5 years, even 8 years. 1 point losses is lost games not wins of signifance . Just sayin. they won games they should have and anything else no. by the way Congrats to Portsmouth on a winning year.
Agree to disagree but if you ask me Portsmouth this season is right behind Burg & Ironton. Ive watched all of their games besides expected blowouts and I feel confident in saying they had their best team in years this season. Regardless of what some may say you can still guage a team on games they lost. Numbers dont always mean everything you have to sit & observe play by play. Trojans have been average or less since their runs in early 2000s ill give you that but the program is currently trending up. Always a reason for bad games from Burg & Ironton but other teams are just average. Didn't want to type that last sentence but its pretty true for some posters on here.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

wobycat wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:07 pm Ironton has had kids come in who would start on any local team and have. The argument I’ve read on here is that only ironton fields real D1 talent and I don’t for one second buy that a player needs a coaches connection as we have seen in the last 5- 10 years, kids playing D1 football that have come from Portsmouth, Portsmouth East, coal grove and minford.
I 100% think if you have the right people in your corner it can take you further. If you’re a D1 talent but don’t go to any camps, don’t get in contact with the right coaches or scouts, it’s gonna be tougher for you to get exposed. Having connections / a solid team in your corner can take you a long way in life.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

So, I don't know what they are serving in the Kool Aid down South but I'm glad I'm not drinking it. Might be the river water. Idk. Anyways, I believe Ironton wins this ballgame and should win this ballgame. But, having watched the Burg for over 30 years, this game has the feel of both teams are going to come out fired up and try to inflict as much of their own will on the other team as possible. I would say 28 to 24. It can go either way.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

And at the end of the day 99.999% will never see the NFL. It's all about an educational opportunity vs a shot at the NFL. Yeah, yeah, yeah I know there are exceptions but very rare from Scioto and Lawrence County.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Looking forward to this one on Saturday Night.

I always take the wife to the State Volleyball Tournament and this one is Special with South Webster playing Thursday night.

By the 2nd match On Saturday she’s usually ready to head home so I’m hoping I can make it to the Portsmouth area by gametime.

Sorry about this thread.

Hopefully it gets better.

I will say this - I’ve lived in Southeast Ohio my entire life and I love Southeast Ohio. If you want to come on here and put down SouthEast Ohio on Southeasternohiopreps then you might possibly want to find something else to do to entertain yourself.

Ironton and Wheelersburg are both Great Programs with Great Coaches, Kids and Community.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Go Burg! And can't we just talk about the game ? Some of the stuff I read on here wow is all I can say!

Burg grad 85
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

scott1297 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:04 pm Go Burg! And can't we just talk about the game ? Some of the stuff I read on here wow is all I can say!
I did my best to filter it. I will try and keep a closer eye on it.

Had another casualty tonight.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

The Kool Aid comment was meant for some of the posters making all the crazy comments. Just ridiculous. I grew up in Southeast Ohio and have been to a lot of high school games in Central Ohio but it doesn't compare to sitting on the hill on a Friday night at the Burg and watching football. This game should be one for the ages. Thankfully it will be on the radio.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

The Nature Boy wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:20 pm The Kool Aid comment was meant for some of the posters making all the crazy comments. Just ridiculous. I grew up in Southeast Ohio and have been to a lot of high school games in Central Ohio but it doesn't compare to sitting on the hill on a Friday night at the Burg and watching football. This game should be one for the ages. Thankfully it will be on the radio.
I didn’t even notice it - no worries.

This is a great place.

I think Ironton wins this one. But much closer than the first one.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

The Nature Boy wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:18 pm So, I don't know what they are serving in the Kool Aid down South but I'm glad I'm not drinking it. Might be the river water. Idk. Anyways, I believe Ironton wins this ballgame and should win this ballgame. But, having watched the Burg for over 30 years, this game has the feel of both teams are going to come out fired up and try to inflict as much of their own will on the other team as possible. I would say 28 to 24. It can go either way.
Could definitely go either way but I would be kinda shocked with that score. Both teams have impressive defenses and the offenses can both take their time. 16-14 Burg wins with a TD and 3 FGs one late in the game to take lead, Ironton with 2 TDs. If Irontons scores 3 TDs they likely win cause I dont see the Pirates scoring more than 17 points against the Tigers unless there's a bunch of big breakout plays.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

The Burg always makes good adjustments at halftime and are a good second half team. I could see either team doing most of their scoring in the second half when the other team has either figured the other one out or have worn the other one out.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

LucasDavenport wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:05 pm
scott1297 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:04 pm Go Burg! And can't we just talk about the game ? Some of the stuff I read on here wow is all I can say!
I did my best to filter it. I will try and keep a closer eye on it.

Had another casualty tonight.
Thanks!

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

The Nature Boy wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:36 pm The Burg always makes good adjustments at halftime and are a good second half team. I could see either team doing most of their scoring in the second half when the other team has either figured the other one out or have worn the other one out.
Agreed.. coaching and conditioning at the Burg are 👌 mentioned before how Burg has always been one of the best 4th qtr teams around. I could see a score of 7-3 Ironton going into half, with most points coming in 2nd half like you mentioned.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

As for the game, hard to see Wheelersburg sustaining drives on Ironton because nobody has for three years outside of truly elite teams. If they get to 20, it’s because of big plays or special teams/defensive scores.

Ironton will need to lean on the running game and be patient. One area that scares me here is hidden yardage. A three and out for both teams is probably a 10-20 yard edge for Wheelersburg given the quality of their punter. Do that 2 or 3 times and you’re pinned even though you’re stuffing them.

Wheelersburg can win, but the 10-14 point spread that the computers have it at is fair IMO.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

TigerBob wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:52 pm As for the game, hard to see Wheelersburg sustaining drives on Ironton because nobody has for three years outside of truly elite teams. If they get to 20, it’s because of big plays or special teams/defensive scores.

Ironton will need to lean on the running game and be patient. One area that scares me here is hidden yardage. A three and out for both teams is probably a 10-20 yard edge for Wheelersburg given the quality of their punter. Do that 2 or 3 times and you’re pinned even though you’re stuffing them.

Wheelersburg can win, but the 10-14 point spread that the computers have it at is fair IMO.
It's really surprised me Ironton hasn't leaned on the run game more with the amount of players who can run the ball. I mean technically on paper im sure they run the ball plenty, just not how most of us have expected. Specially in regards to players like Keyes.. maybe they've been saving him for playoff run?

AndyPool
Waterboy

Post by AndyPool »

I’ve got the burg by 3…..not the same team…wouldn’t have beat Fairland if their head coach would have been allowed on the field….Dragons go further than the tigers (kitty kitty) in the playoffs this year

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:59 pm
TigerBob wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:52 pm As for the game, hard to see Wheelersburg sustaining drives on Ironton because nobody has for three years outside of truly elite teams. If they get to 20, it’s because of big plays or special teams/defensive scores.

It's really surprised me Ironton hasn't leaned on the run game more with the amount of players who can run the ball. I mean technically on paper im sure they run the ball plenty, just not how most of us have expected. Specially in regards to players like Keyes.. maybe they've been saving him for playoff run?
🤣 it’s the 3rd week of the playoffs brotha when do you think they’re saving him for??

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:43 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:59 pm

🤣 it’s the 3rd week of the playoffs brotha when do you think they’re saving him for??
😂 Well when you compare to the 8 seed playoffs its only the 2nd week. Wellston was no threat and im sure they didn't view the Trojans as a huge threat so that would make this the game to start showing your cards.

Return to “Football”