WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Post by BigBlueNation »

LucasDavenport wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:56 pm Looking forward to this one on Saturday Night.

I always take the wife to the State Volleyball Tournament and this one is Special with South Webster playing Thursday night.

By the 2nd match On Saturday she’s usually ready to head home so I’m hoping I can make it to the Portsmouth area by gametime.

Sorry about this thread.

Hopefully it gets better.

I will say this - I’ve lived in Southeast Ohio my entire life and I love Southeast Ohio. If you want to come on here and put down SouthEast Ohio on Southeasternohiopreps then you might possibly want to find something else to do to entertain yourself.

Ironton and Wheelersburg are both Great Programs with Great Coaches, Kids and Community.
Didn't realize South Webster was playing in the state tournament. Good luck to the Lady Jeeps.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:05 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:43 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:59 pm

It's really surprised me Ironton hasn't leaned on the run game more with the amount of players who can run the ball. I mean technically on paper im sure they run the ball plenty, just not how most of us have expected. Specially in regards to players like Keyes.. maybe they've been saving him for playoff run?
🤣 it’s the 3rd week of the playoffs brotha when do you think they’re saving him for??
😂 Well when you compare to the 8 seed playoffs its only the 2nd week. Wellston was no threat and im sure they didn't view the Trojans as a huge threat so that would make this the game to start showing your cards.
No I understand and definitely agree although I do believe they felt Portsmouth was a threat I say Wilson and Keyes heavy in the first and let Howard get some carries in the 2nd half he seems to do better coming in and adding carries in the 2nd half

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Hmmm
Attachments
Screenshot_20211109-223349_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20211109-223325_Facebook.jpg

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:16 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:43 pm

🤣 it’s the 3rd week of the playoffs brotha when do you think they’re saving him for??
😂 Well when you compare to the 8 seed playoffs its only the 2nd week. Wellston was no threat and im sure they didn't view the Trojans as a huge threat so that would make this the game to start showing your cards.
No I understand and definitely agree although I do believe they felt Portsmouth was a threat I say Wilson and Keyes heavy in the first and let Howard get some carries in the 2nd half he seems to do better coming in and adding carries in the 2nd half
A threat just not huge. Their stable of backs is impressive. I would use Keyes more in the redzone not only does he have speed but the size. Several runs this year where he just simply out muscles the defense. Let Wilson and the others get the offense close then feed #7 and watch him score. Not saying he deserves all the points just too big of a RB to not feed from 15 yds out specially considering the o-line.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:42 pm

A threat just not huge. Their stable of backs is impressive. I would use Keyes more in the redzone not only does he have speed but the size. Several runs this year where he just simply out muscles the defense. Let Wilson and the others get the offense close then feed #7 and watch him score. Not saying he deserves all the points just too big of a RB to not feed from 15 yds out specially considering the o-line.
Yeah and another thing just me if I’m a coach at Ironton I know at times Ironton uses Cochran out of the backfield as a blocker I would use him on the line he definitely knows how to block and has played the past two seasons just too talented to be on the sidelines in my opinion I believe he’s in good enough shape as well so that’s not an issue

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:48 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:42 pm
Yeah and another thing just me if I’m a coach at Ironton I know at times Ironton uses Cochran out of the backfield as a blocker I would use him on the line he definitely knows how to block and has played the past two seasons just too talented to be on the sidelines in my opinion I believe he’s in good enough shape as well so that’s not an issue
Can't argue that one he contributes a lot and is one heck of a player. Might be a way to limit fatigue but could also be a way to limit the risk of injury. Tigers have the depth I would use that to my advantage, only gives more players experience.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Thank you everyone for actually talking about the game.

Some of you had posts deleted because they quoted someone who is no longer with us.

My score prediction for this one is 20-7 Tigers.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

OHSAA announced which Friday playoff games would be broadcasted this week yesterday, but still no word on Saturday's games. Will post as soon as I see something as I know some can't make it to the game for one reason or another. Have a feeling this is going to be one you don't want to miss.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

SciotoCfootball wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:21 pm OHSAA announced which Friday playoff games would be broadcasted this week yesterday, but still no word on Saturday's games. Will post as soon as I see something as I know some can't make it to the game for one reason or another. Have a feeling this is going to be one you don't want to miss.
So far it looks like they have only broadcasted Friday night playoff games for the past couple weeks. Something to keep in mind for those hoping to watch this game at home.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Man I really see this being a pretty close game. Unless somebody has a couple ill timed turnovers.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I think this is the game for the Regional Championship. Winner of this game should win the Region.

Wheelersburg fans have been talking about this rematch all season. A number of them have even said (on this forum) that Ironton wasn’t even the best team they played during the regular season. (Pikeville, KY) Maybe they are right …. Maybe they are wrong. Regardless this should be a very competitive game.

If Ironton is going to win they will have to be physical at the point of attack. Wheelersburg will try to neutralize Ironton’s offensive line with confusion. Ironton’s best bet would be to block the guy over you or inside gap and just run straight ahead. Wheelersburg has struggled against very physical teams.

I’m sure Wheelersburg has been working on “Fake Punts” and “Onside Kicks” all week. In big game they usually try at least one during the game.

I have no dog in this fight so I’m be listening to this one as an innocent by-stander. Hopefully the winner comes out of the game injury free.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

I believe Ironton has been playing it safe as far as spreading the ball around.
They have the line depth to wear the opposing team down and that's a plus.
Add in the big running backs they have and what starts as 3 run carry slowly becomes a 7 or8 yard carry.
The key will be being able to pass when Burg is not expecting it.
Play action will be big in this game.
The key for Burg will be staying fresh and on their toes the run game for Ironton will be a bruising game against Burg.
You can make all the adjustments in the world but a 225 pound back 210 and 205 pound backs being led by a 245 pound back takes a toll on any defense.
Ironton gets a lead they will be methodical on Offense and burn that clock.
Burgs best bet will be score first and apply the pressure to Ironton's offensive plan.
As far as Ironton's freshman QB he has a nice arm and can make plays so Burg can't sleep on him and everyone knows they have a WR that can run after the catch very well.
I still am thinking Ironton wins by 6-10 points.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Definitely be a hard fought game…Burg offense has got to be able to sustain some drives to keep the defense fresh. Gonna be a dandy, that’s for certain…can’t wait to find out!

HatTrick
Riding the Bench

Post by HatTrick »

Ironton-35 Da' Burg-10

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:44 am I think this is the game for the Regional Championship. Winner of this game should win the Region.

Wheelersburg fans have been talking about this rematch all season. A number of them have even said (on this forum) that Ironton wasn’t even the best team they played during the regular season. (Pikeville, KY) Maybe they are right …. Maybe they are wrong. Regardless this should be a very competitive game.

If Ironton is going to win they will have to be physical at the point of attack. Wheelersburg will try to neutralize Ironton’s offensive line with confusion. Ironton’s best bet would be to block the guy over you or inside gap and just run straight ahead. Wheelersburg has struggled against very physical teams.

I’m sure Wheelersburg has been working on “Fake Punts” and “Onside Kicks” all week. In big game they usually try at least one during the game.

I have no dog in this fight so I’m be listening to this one as an innocent by-stander. Hopefully the winner comes out of the game injury free.
I am not sure if Pikeville was better or just more well rounded. Ironton was definitely more talented than Pikeville man for man. With that being said Ridgewood is the best team we have played to date and it's really not even close. For the second year in a row Tingle went down with a serious injury and this year we were able to pull out a win. If he doesn't get hurt we are most likely watching them beat Ironton this week. Ridgewood was my pick to stop Kirtland's streak

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Blitz wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:17 am
ItsMyOpinion wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:44 am I think this is the game for the Regional Championship. Winner of this game should win the Region.

I am not sure if Pikeville was better or just more well rounded. Ironton was definitely more talented than Pikeville man for man. With that being said Ridgewood is the best team we have played to date and it's really not even close. For the second year in a row Tingle went down with a serious injury and this year we were able to pull out a win. If he doesn't get hurt we are most likely watching them beat Ironton this week. Ridgewood was my pick to stop Kirtland's streak
We would have handled Ridgewood pretty easy in my opinion. If it’s gonna happen I believe it will be South Range. I think we win this week and if South Range does then next week should be a dogfight

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

I am not familiar with the teams up your way but if I had to pick a team up there it would be Versailles. And I am not sure Wood could beat you guys just that I thought they had the best chance from our Region.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

It’s a shame this game will not be on spectrum or mytown.

Kirkland80
Waterboy

Post by Kirkland80 »

Kirtland would have beaten the brakes off of Ridgewood no matter if they were healthy or not.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Kirkland80 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:24 pm

Kirtland would have beaten the brakes off of Ridgewood no matter if they were healthy or not.
WOW Bold statement. I have only seen you all once this year online. wouldn't have expected that much confidence

Return to “Football”