WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Re: WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Post by THEEE_GAME »

mattash wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:22 pm Carter playing now?
Article said Carters out

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

mattash wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:22 pm Carter playing now?

This the kid that was removed from team photo? If so he was supposed to be out for the year with some type surgery

Old Time Tiger
Waterboy

Post by Old Time Tiger »

Carter is not on the roster..
I will say if Ironton doesn't play disciplined, and has repeated penalties they will lose..
Keep the stupid late hits and procedure penalties at a minimum and they will advance..

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Old Time Tiger wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:48 pm Carter is not on the roster..
I will say if Ironton doesn't play disciplined, and has repeated penalties they will lose..
Keep the stupid late hits and procedure penalties at a minimum and they will advance..
How is he an Ironton player & not on the roster simultaneously? Injured players in past remained on roster. Carpenter was injured to start the season and wasnt removed from the roster. Seems odd. What gives?
Last edited by THEEE_GAME on Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Round II

Going to be a WAR….throw eveything out the window.

It’s week 13 Burg/I-Town II whoooHoooo

Who wins the LOS , takes cares of the football. And catches the break.

These two are firing on all cylinders💪

Get a good seat….Fixin to be a goodn…..

Sure wish it would’ve been on The Hill….

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

This is what a lot of people have been looking forward to throughout the season. Lets hope that both teams have an injury free game.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

I wonder if they will bring in an extra set of stands for Burg's side.. straight ahead of the main entrance there's enough room, you couldn't really fit anything on the other side of the away stands though.

Lavon Helm
Riding the Bench

Post by Lavon Helm »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:40 pm Word is Wiley IS playing for Ironton. Apparently Burg D will have to guess what to prepare for. Nice slight of hand by coaching staff and it almost when off without a hitch but Ironton fans talked about it on social media.
No one was trying to hide it. He had to see how he progressed. Still not guaranteed.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Let’s revisit the first game. Burg came into Tiger stadium with a sophomore QB that had zero varsity experience. The ones burg was counting on transferred out. Their o line was all new except for one returning. The defensive line was all new. Three returns only in defensive backfield.

Compare that with ironton who had mostly all returns except the do it all carrico. Along with adding another two to three new ones.

Fast forward to now and burg has put in new lineman and changed QBs. The sophomores they have relied on heavily are game experienced now. Burg is definitely better than at the beginning of the year. Is it enough? Time will tell but the score should definitely be closer with burg having a great shot on the upset.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:18 am I wonder if they will bring in an extra set of stands for Burg's side.. straight ahead of the main entrance there's enough room, you couldn't really fit anything on the other side of the away stands though.

I highly doubt they bring in extra stands for the Burg side. Still don't know why this game wasn't at Jackson unless Jackson just didn't want it. No way does this stadium hold the crowd for this game and the parking is atrocious to say the least. You can't expect the majority of the crowd coming in to try and find parking on the street. I'm probably going to have someone drop me off so I don't have to fight the parking.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:37 am Let’s revisit the first game. Burg came into Tiger stadium with a sophomore QB that had zero varsity experience. The ones burg was counting on transferred out. Their o line was all new except for one returning. The defensive line was all new. Three returns only in defensive backfield.

Compare that with ironton who had mostly all returns except the do it all carrico. Along with adding another two to three new ones.

Fast forward to now and burg has put in new lineman and changed QBs. The sophomores they have relied on heavily are game experienced now. Burg is definitely better than at the beginning of the year. Is it enough? Time will tell but the score should definitely be closer with burg having a great shot on the upset.
Saying carrico is the only person they lost is being very disrespectful to the other senior who definitely contributed a lot to how good this team was the passed 2 years on the back to back runs Crawford, Crabtree, Howell, Deere, Hacker, Carrico the starting center and throw in Carter as well I thinks that’s a pretty significant amount of talent and experience to just replace.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

N

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:52 am
wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:37 am Let’s revisit the first game. Burg came into Tiger stadium with a sophomore QB that had zero varsity experience. The ones burg was counting on transferred out. Their o line was all new except for one returning. The defensive line was all new. Three returns only in defensive backfield.

Saying carrico is the only person they lost is being very disrespectful to the other senior who definitely contributed a lot to how good this team was the passed 2 years on the back to back runs Crawford, Crabtree, Howell, Deere, Hacker, Carrico the starting center and throw in Carter as well I thinks that’s a pretty significant amount of talent and experience to just replace.
No disrespect at all to the other departing seniors but carrico is at Ohio State. You can fill other holes but need a lot more dirt than that.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Send 0 guys to Ohio State, lose some seniors = everybody is brand new!

Send 1 guy to Ohio State, lose some other seniors = they only lost 1 guy!

Ironton for sure had the experience edge in W1, particularly up front, but the idea that Wheelersburg was brand new and Ironton lost 1 guy is laughable.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TigerBob wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:45 pm Send 0 guys to Ohio State, lose some seniors = everybody is brand new!

Ironton for sure had the experience edge in W1, particularly up front, but the idea that Wheelersburg was brand new and Ironton lost 1 guy is laughable.
Not even close to laughable. Ironton had more experienced pieces intact, coming in. D and o line especially. Burg lost more production. Carrico was the production. Take carrico off last years team and tell me if you get to state. He single handily won the bacon game.

Burg has figured out their unknowns since game one. Not sure if it changes the outcome but definitely will be a tougher test for ironton.

Lavon Helm
Riding the Bench

Post by Lavon Helm »

wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:06 pm
TigerBob wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:45 pm Send 0 guys to Ohio State, lose some seniors = everybody is brand new!

Not even close to laughable. Ironton had more experienced pieces intact, coming in. D and o line especially. Burg lost more production. Carrico was the production. Take carrico off last years team and tell me if you get to state. He single handily won the bacon game.

Burg has figured out their unknowns since game one. Not sure if it changes the outcome but definitely will be a tougher test for ironton.
People seem to be completely forgetting Ironton lost QB1 early in that game and Wylie came in as a sophomore with zero starting varsity experience.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

How can you say Burg lost more production then say carrico is the production wouldn’t that mean Ironton lost all of the production from last season? Him and Deere were the top two leading tacklers and I’m sure hacker was the leading receiver and Crawford and Crabtree were huge pieces of that defense and carter also?

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:41 am
SciotoCfootball wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:18 am I wonder if they will bring in an extra set of stands for Burg's side.. straight ahead of the main entrance there's enough room, you couldn't really fit anything on the other side of the away stands though.

I highly doubt they bring in extra stands for the Burg side. Still don't know why this game wasn't at Jackson unless Jackson just didn't want it. No way does this stadium hold the crowd for this game and the parking is atrocious to say the least. You can't expect the majority of the crowd coming in to try and find parking on the street. I'm probably going to have someone drop me off so I don't have to fight the parking.
I though online ticket orders doomed in game attendance? Not any more? Temporary narrative?

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:21 pm

How can you say Burg lost more production then say carrico is the production wouldn’t that mean Ironton lost all of the production from last season? Him and Deere were the top two leading tacklers and I’m sure hacker was the leading receiver and Crawford and Crabtree were huge pieces of that defense and carter also?
Ironton also had an all new backfield. And started w Mccall at center i believe which was also new.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:21 pm

Burg definitely lost more production as far as experience. Maybe losing carrico was a push for both teams as far as production because of how good carrico was but coming into the game, but ironton definitely had an advantage of knowing who they had experienced wise especially upfront. That’s a big deal in a first game.

Return to “Football”