All Conference

Re: WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Post by TigerBob »

Maybe that could be you!

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

TigerBob wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:14 am Maybe that could be you!
Maybe. What’s wrong with people wanting to watch it on TV and other schools getting to do it?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:48 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:43 am
Kirtland80 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:40 am

Ours is free live steam. Wish this one was so I could watch it

Just curious as to why you guys are able to stream your game but no one else is allowed!!

This game needs streamed because that stadium can’t hold all of the people that want to watch, especially the visitors side
Yeah and the parking is a mess down there I don't care what Trojans fans want to say, talked with quite a few ppl that I work with and all of them said the same thing. No interest in going down and trying to find a place for parking and then get back to my car and hope nothing has happened to it. Jackson and Western Brown is on the Jackson youtube channel but I believe they said the commentary is by HS students.

Go to every single game at portsmouth basketball, football baseball, parking is way better then either of these 2 schools playing ,have never once had my vehicle vandalized or anything else 😑

By the way if something did happen there is heavy surveillance around the entire area of all sports complex and the schools so I would encourage people to call for police reports.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Parking is really easy. You have the back school parking lot that holds a ton. Side lot, by the church across the street, the church behind the stadium has a ton of parking and along the street.I’ve never had a issue parking. Old donut shop. Library Parking lot. By the American legion.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

This isn’t Spartan stadium people. Nothing is going to happen to your precious car. I’ve been going to football and basketball games since the new schools/stadium were built. Nothing has happened to my car. You’re literally 2 blocks from the fire station and Shawnee State. Cameras are up everywhere. Police and Shawnee security have a rather heavy presence in the area. Tons of parking as many have stated previously. Back of school, front of school (this is where I park, you can go out the way you come in because it’s 2 ways, hit the 1 way street on the side of the school, hit 9th street, turn and go under the underpass and you’re on your way home). Plenty of street parking, 2 church parking lots. Forgot about the lots on the side of the school as well. Notice a common theme here? All of these areas are going to have cameras. If you’re not going to this game because of parking then let’s be honest, you’re just too lazy to walk or too ignorant being worried about your car being vandalized.

Who Dey!
TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

TigerMania wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:16 am
TigerBob wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:14 am Maybe that could be you!
Maybe. What’s wrong with people wanting to watch it on TV and other schools getting to do it?
I hope it is on TV! I’ll be going, won’t impact me either way.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

TigerMania wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:01 am
scott1297 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:30 am portsmouth Coliseum is plenty big enough to hold all fans
This stadium is really nice, but cannot handle the fan capacity for both of these teams. Sure hope they are bringing extra bleachers in.
Ironton didn’t even fill up their own home stands last week…granted this is a bigger game better opponent but come on with that bologna.

Who Dey!
Beergogglebluez
SE

PTrojan59 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:46 am
scott1297 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:30 am portsmouth Coliseum is plenty big enough to hold all fans
This stadium is really nice, but cannot handle the fan capacity for both of these teams. Sure hope they are bringing extra bleachers in.
Ironton didn’t even fill up their own home stands last week…granted this is a bigger game better opponent but come on with that bologna.
I laughed at the bring in extra bleachers comment lol. 5500 is plenty of people. Bring a chair and set on the little hill by the scoreboard. It’s going to be in the 30s that’s going to keep some people away.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

There are like 15,000 people combined in the two towns. 5500 plus standing room is way more than enough seating.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

PTrojan59 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:46 am
There will be plenty of seats. And Portsmouth is a great venue

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

TigerManiaChilliKillz420 is just looking to troll. Portsmouth a great spot for this one.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Looking at weather forecast (30s to low 40s at gametime), I don't think seating/parking will be a huge problem Saturday night. Just like the Ironton/Portsmouth playoff game, the Burg/West playoff game also had plenty of empty seats, although it was a rematch and a rainy night. If you're comfortable standing, you'll be ok. If not, then get there right when the gates open at 5:30pm. I plan on hanging out on the sorta levee behind the north end zone just like beergogglebluez suggested.*

Beergogglebluez
SE

TigerBob wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:55 am TigerManiaChilliKillz420 is just looking to troll. Portsmouth a great spot for this one.
Is kirkland80 a alias too lol

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I always stand by the fence so usually doesn’t bother me you hear some wild things in those stands 🤣

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Beergogglebluez
SE

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:59 am Looking at weather forecast (30s to low 40s at gametime), I don't think seating/parking will be a huge problem Saturday night. Just like the Ironton/Portsmouth playoff game, the Burg/West playoff game also had plenty of empty seats, although it was a rematch and a rainy night. If you're comfortable standing, you'll be ok. If not, then get there right when the gates open at 5:30pm. I plan on hanging out on the sorta levee behind the north end zone just like beergogglebluez suggested.*
I walked across there doing a game and thought this is a really sweet view. I think I’m going to start bringing a chair in the future and that will be my seat.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Great Venue and a great Game

I will be glad when it’s started and over.

Figure it will be low scoring and a late 3rd quarter/early 4th quarter game.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I'm surprised people aren't complaining about the Pirate's having a shorter drive than Ironton, since Ironton is #1 and all. People complain. The region excels at complaining about every single thing.

Kirkland80
Waterboy

Post by Kirkland80 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:02 am
TigerBob wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:55 am TigerManiaChilliKillz420 is just looking to troll. Portsmouth a great spot for this one.
No more an "alias" than any other username on here aside from those rare birds who use their own real name. Iv'e been on here for a year now, and just recently have had people ask about this. The guy you two are trying to attach me to has used multiple names, and as soon as one gets the boot he creates a new one. I've seen him do this over and over and his posts are comical.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Kirkland80 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:30 am
No more an "alias" than any other username on here aside from those rare birds who use their own real name. Iv'e been on here for a year now, and just recently have had people ask about this. The guy you two are trying to attach me to has used multiple names, and as soon as one gets the boot he creates a new one. I've seen him do this over and over and his posts are comical.

You've been on here a year and you only have 26 post???? what gives??? Were you in prison????

Kirkland80
Waterboy

Post by Kirkland80 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:38 pm
Kirkland80 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:30 am

You've been on here a year and you only have 26 post???? what gives??? Were you in prison????
I have a job for one thing. I also read a lot more than I post. We don't have much history with teams from SEO, so I spend more time on other social media sites that talk about teams closer to our area. But I do visit this site on occasion. Any other questions? like marital status, number of children, hobbies, etc... LOL

Return to “Football”