WK13 Western Brown vs Jackson (rematch)

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: WK13 Western Brown vs Jackson (rematch)

Post by smurray »

9.5 Jackson takes over at 16.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

5.4 last play

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Game

86grad
Riding the Bench

Post by 86grad »

Block in the back when the Winters had a easy TD in the first half killed us!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Congratulations to both teams. I'm partial to the Broncos cause my grandson played with them forever. Great game by our buddy Logan Campbell. Great year Jackson .

CAT22
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT22 »

Congratulations Jackson on a great season. Hats off to the seniors.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

86grad wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:33 pm Block in the back when the Winters had a easy TD in the first half killed us!

Yes it did but I think it was called a personal foul. Looked like the Jackson player just gave a forearm shiver to the WB player and the play was in front of him.

Great game though!!

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

86grad wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:33 pm Block in the back when the Winters had a easy TD in the first half killed us!
A horrible call , and another bad holding call that stopped a drive in the red zone, ok whatever , but then a holding call that would’ve set up 4th and 12 is picked up and waved off. Two even teams , let them decide it .

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Awesome high school playoff game. Congrats to Jackson on a great season and tourney run. Congrats to WB on the win.
Beating Jackson once is hard to do, but twice in the same year, I doubt many have done it before this.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Great effort by the Ironmen. Don't hang your heads. You should be very proud of everything that you accomplished this season.

Good luck to the seniors. You will be missed.

Jackson's defense played well enough to win. The offense moved the ball all night, but again, a couple crucial penalties really killed them in the red zone. Basically no margin for error when you play an offense this explosive. Definitely a tough way for the season to end, but again, great season. FAC Champs, 2 playoff wins. This team left its mark on Jackson Football history.

86grad
Riding the Bench

Post by 86grad »

Someone referenced it earlier, too sloppy. How many times did we jump offsides on 4th down? Too many! It was a good season. I enjoy following my Ironman from Dayton.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:37 pm
A horrible call , and another bad holding call that stopped a drive in the red zone, ok whatever , but then a holding call that would’ve set up 4th and 12 is picked up and waved off. Two even teams , let them decide it .
Both were the right calls. It was a late shot away from the play, but right in front of the referee. I’m sure the player was baited into it, but it was unnecessary either way

The non-holding call was just a big time pancake block. I probably would’ve preferred it stand since the official threw the flag for a reason. But, it wouldn’t have set up a 4th and 12, because it was 15 yards downfield. Would’ve been a first, just much further back

Great game to watch, wish the Ironmen would’ve pulled it out

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

I was working the concession stand and only saw three plays: the 4th & 2, the bad snap, & the final TD. I stood on the ramp right in front of the plays. On the first play, the flag was thrown 15 yards downfield, it still would have been a first down. I thought the WR was blocking the DB, had a huge size advantage and it looked like the DB pulled him down on top of him to draw a flag, guessing that’s what the back judge saw as well. Sounded like w great game & as always, Jackson travels well.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I figured I'd hop on here and see crying over correct calls. The block in the back was deemed a personal foul as someone else stated, with Winters at the 1-2 yard line the WR nailed a WB player just standing there basically because Winters was going into the endzone but the WR decided to hit him. Which is a big no no, instead of saying horrible call you should be asking why are our WRs hitting a player 15 yards away from the play and behind the ball carrier as well. The holding call was a good pickup, the WR pancaked the DB even if it's not picked up it's still a first down it was well past the marker. There were several blocks by both teams where guys were laying on top of the player after drive blocking and pancaking that were not called so it was a good pickup.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

What a heck of a game to watch, the QB for WB was just as good as advertised the entire game ball placement was right where the WR was going to get it or no one was. His lone mistake was the 1st INT he didn't see the LB as he was stepping right into the passing lane. 2nd INT was trying to fit the ball in there but was a really nice play by Prater I believe it was for the pick. Western Brown kept this a little closer than I thought as there was a good 6-8 dropped passes with the biggest one being the 1st drive of the 2nd half #5 dropping what would've been a TD unless he gets caught from behind, 2 plays later the INT happened. Western Brown done just enough defensively to make Jackson drive the ball and capitalized on a Jackson false start or holding.

For the Jackson defense really no pressure applied at all started to get to him some in the 2nd half when the blitzed. The zone was getting picked apart all night, I would've liked to have seen what happened had just lining up 1-1 across the board and brought 5 and 6 every down. I thought both teams really left it on the field tonight tough loss for Jackson and big play at the end by WB to force the fumble to seal the deal. Also felt the Jackson offense ran better when it was spread out bigger plays happened and allowed Winters to be more of the runner he's best at plus you're not asking your offense to play mistake free on those 12-15 play drives. Congrats to jackson on a great season and to Western Brown for moving on to play Granville next depending on where that game is played I might have to take that one in.
Last edited by greygoose on Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:45 pm What a heck of a game to watch, the QB for WB was just as good as advertised the entire game ball placement was right where the WR was going to get it or no one was. His lone mistake was the 1st INT he didn't see the LB as he was stepping right into the passing lane. 2nd INT was trying to fit the ball in there but was a really nice play by Prater I believe it was for the pick. Western Brown kept this a little closer than I thought as there was a good 6-8 dropped passes with the biggest one being the 1st drive of the 2nd half #5 dropping what would've been a TD unless he gets caught from behind, 2 plays later the INT happened. Western Brown done just enough defensively to make Jackson drive the ball and capitalized on a Jackson false start or holding.

For the Jackson defense really no pressure applied at all started to get to him some in the 2nd half when the blitzed. The zone was getting picked apart all night, I would've liked to have seen what happened had just lining up 1-1 across the board and brought 5 and 6 every down. I thought both teams really left it on the field tonight tough loss for Jackson and big play at the end by WB to force the fumble to seal the deal. Congrats to jackson on a great season and to Western Brown for moving on to play Granville next depending on where that game is played I might have to take that one in.
Great game by 2 dead even teams. Jackson had 14 points come off for penalties. Tough to lose by 7 after that

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:37 pm
I figured I'd hop on here and see crying over correct calls. The block in the back was deemed a personal foul as someone else stated, with Winters at the 1-2 yard line the WR nailed a WB player just standing there basically because Winters was going into the endzone but the WR decided to hit him. Which is a big no no, instead of saying horrible call you should be asking why are our WRs hitting a player 15 yards away from the play and behind the ball carrier as well. The holding call was a good pickup, the WR pancaked the DB even if it's not picked up it's still a first down it was well past the marker. There were several blocks by both teams where guys were laying on top of the player after drive blocking and pancaking that were not called so it was a good pickup.
On the flag that was picked up, Why was the flag thrown anyway?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:47 pm

When the official looked at it the WR was on top of the DB and had his hands up in the air, I felt it made him look guilty but it was just a good drive block. Official was on the backside of the WR when he threw it which was why you seen the back judge coming in to explain what he seen.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:49 pm

When the official looked at it the WR was on top of the DB and had his hands up in the air, I felt it made him look guilty but it was just a good drive block. Official was on the backside of the WR when he threw it which was why you seen the back judge coming in to explain what he seen.
So did he see a hold or just saw a player down and assumed it was a hold ?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:45 pm What a heck of a game to watch, the QB for WB was just as good as advertised the entire game ball placement was right where the WR was going to get it or no one was. His lone mistake was the 1st INT he didn't see the LB as he was stepping right into the passing lane. 2nd INT was trying to fit the ball in there but was a really nice play by Prater I believe it was for the pick. Western Brown kept this a little closer than I thought as there was a good 6-8 dropped passes with the biggest one being the 1st drive of the 2nd half #5 dropping what would've been a TD unless he gets caught from behind, 2 plays later the INT happened. Western Brown done just enough defensively to make Jackson drive the ball and capitalized on a Jackson false start or holding.

For the Jackson defense really no pressure applied at all started to get to him some in the 2nd half when the blitzed. The zone was getting picked apart all night, I would've liked to have seen what happened had just lining up 1-1 across the board and brought 5 and 6 every down. I thought both teams really left it on the field tonight tough loss for Jackson and big play at the end by WB to force the fumble to seal the deal. Congrats to jackson on a great season and to Western Brown for moving on to play Granville next depending on where that game is played I might have to take that one in.
Great game by 2 dead even teams. Jackson had 14 points come off for penalties. Tough to lose by 7 after that
Oh for sure, when the Winters TD was happening I seen him hit the kid and was sitting there going WHY man why. I was up in the stands on that side of the field on the WB side so seen it clear as day. Would've like to seen if Jackson was at full strength had it made a difference or not.

Return to “Football”