Wk 14: Region 19 Final The Burg versus Harvest Prep

522Pirate
Varsity

Re: Wk 14: Region 19 Final The Burg versus Harvest Prep

Post by 522Pirate »

Need to keep that same energy...no emotional let down this week. We're definitely playing our best ball right now.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

According to Max Preps the winner of this game gets the winner of Versailles/Preble Shawnee. That is Region 20.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:00 pm
smurray wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:48 pm Ok, Harvest Prep is the home team due to them being the higher seed.
However, ticket sales will be looked at by the OHSAA tp determine who gets the home bleachers.

What happened to if you beat the top seed you took over the top seed spot??

Shouldn’t be a problem Burg outselling them but if they don’t and they give them the home side Burg will just surround them and I don’t think Waverly or the OH$AA does the right thing.
In the past if you beat a higher seeded team you took over that spot so if it's still done the way it was in the past, Burg would be the home team. Did they change the format ? I don't recall this ever being changed.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:46 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:00 pm
smurray wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:48 pm Ok, Harvest Prep is the home team due to them being the higher seed.
However, ticket sales will be looked at by the OHSAA tp determine who gets the home bleachers.

What happened to if you beat the top seed you took over the top seed spot??

Shouldn’t be a problem Burg outselling them but if they don’t and they give them the home side Burg will just surround them and I don’t think Waverly or the OH$AA does the right thing.
In the past if you beat a higher seeded team you took over that spot so if it's still done the way it was in the past, Burg would be the home team. Did they change the format ? I don't recall this ever being changed.

That's the way I thought it was so who knows.

Burg should be the home team but we will see. They have been playing well as the visitors so maybe they should stick with those unis!!!!

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Burgs last trip to Waverly period was a 36-35 loss to Waverly in 2020. However before that the game the most recent playoff game was against Zane Trace in 2015 in which they dominated them. Rooting for the Burg this week carry the SOC and SEO

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

This year The higher seeded team has been the home team.

For instance when 14 seed Troy Christian defeated 3 seed Notre Dame they did not host the next week (as Notre Dame would have) instead as the 14 seed they went to the 6 seed St Henry in the 2nd Round.

The top of the bracket is a Southeast District thing used in basketball. We are the only district to use the NCAA Seeding format.

The Bleachers are a totally different thing and can be switched

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Burg will have the home bleachers, whether they are in their black or white uniforms. Prep will be lucky to bring 200 fans and will be get the visitors' bleachers.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Regions are lined 1-16 so highest number will be home team. Prep was 2 or 3. Like a poster said when 12 seed Troy Christian beat 3 seed notre dame they still had to travel the next week. Pretty simple layout. I don’t know why bleachers are a issue. Harvest prep does not travel well and every seat will be available except for maybe 100 and I’m being generous on 100. Oh yeah region 4 had a 16 seed beat a 1 and 16 traveled the next week.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Was told earlier bleacher designation would be based on the number of presale tickets…likely using Wednesday’s numbers for a Thursday decision.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:25 am
Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:23 am Will there be a stream for this game?

Who knows?? They should let Burg's HS media do it. They do a great job filming and announcing the game. They show replays and do a fine job
They do a great job.

LongTime
Waterboy

Post by LongTime »

522Pirate wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:46 pm Was told earlier bleacher designation would be based on the number of presale tickets…likely using Wednesday’s numbers for a Thursday decision.

I believe you might be correct on use that sale number as seating assignment or where fans sit. Doesn't change who is the home team, but I think you maybe correct. All OHSAA wants is their $. It's their tournament so I unfortunately get it from their perspective.

LongTime
Waterboy

Post by LongTime »

522Pirate wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:46 pm Was told earlier bleacher designation would be based on the number of presale tickets…likely using Wednesday’s numbers for a Thursday decision.

I believe you might be correct on use that sale number as seating assignment or where fans sit. Doesn't change who is the home team, but I think you maybe correct. It's their tournament so I unfortunately get it from their perspective.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I might turn out to be wrong but I think Burg wins this easily by 10 or more.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Tough task again for BURG this week. But, if they can pull it off it would be an improbable run through the region as the 5 seed.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

packers80 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:45 am Tough task again for BURG this week. But, if they can pull it off it would be an improbable run through the region as the 5 seed.
I'm thinking ColdH20 has done something like this before. Correct me if I'm wrong. Seems like in '14, '15. Idk. Anyway. I like W'Burgs chance here. The defense is darn good. They'll be prepared no doubt about it. If Burg wins this game, it's coming from the Defense. A pick 6, scoop and score, something. Burg wins by 1. I'm thinking 24-23. Late touchdown to take the lead. This team is locked in. Peaking at the right time.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:32 am
packers80 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:45 am Tough task again for BURG this week. But, if they can pull it off it would be an improbable run through the region as the 5 seed.
I'm thinking ColdH20 has done something like this before. Correct me if I'm wrong. Seems like in '14, '15. Idk. Anyway. I like W'Burgs chance here. The defense is darn good. They'll be prepared no doubt about it. If Burg wins this game, it's coming from the Defense. A pick 6, scoop and score, something. Burg wins by 1. I'm thinking 24-23. Late touchdown to take the lead. This team is locked in. Peaking at the right time.
I like the way you think

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Let's not kid ourselves here, it doesn't matter who is considered the home team. Burg will have the home bleachers at Waverly, HP will be 150 ppl to the game and they'll have that visitor section. It was mentioned before that in this years format the higher seeded team is the home team, but I don't know if that counts after the 1st 2 weeks of the playoffs. Just curious as the first 2 weeks teams were given home games for being the higher seed, at this point we're at neutral sites and I just figured once you beat the higher seed you took over the spot just like in years past. Can't look at the first 2 weeks of the playoffs as a barometer. With all of this being said I called Burg by 3 over Ironton I've just seen Burg get better with each week and Ironton seemed to hit a peak and just sort of stay stagnate. HP is a different animal given their athletes they have at the ability to score but where Burg has the advantage is HP has tendencies to beat themselves and get behind the chains because of penalties.

I think Preps defense is much improved this year and they're not reliant on just being better offensively. Burg played a Waverly team who had a lot of athletes that will be more suitable for what they'll see in this game. This one is going to be a close one, going to stick with the boys from SEO and say Burg by 5 but it's going to be a tough one. Only concern I have for Burg is coming off a game like Ironton will they have a lull to start this game because they're going to have to be just as physical in this one if they want the W. I view it to the Minford game this year after coming off a tough one to Jackson, Burg had to scrape and claw to get out of Muletown with the W. Should be a good game good luck.

LongTime
Waterboy

Post by LongTime »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:24 am Let's not kid ourselves here, it doesn't matter who is considered the home team. Burg will have the home bleachers at Waverly, HP will be 150 ppl to the game and they'll have that visitor section. It was mentioned before that in this years format the higher seeded team is the home team, but I don't know if that counts after the 1st 2 weeks of the playoffs. Just curious as the first 2 weeks teams were given home games for being the higher seed, at this point we're at neutral sites and I just figured once you beat the higher seed you took over the spot just like in years past. Can't look at the first 2 weeks of the playoffs as a barometer. With all of this being said I called Burg by 3 over Ironton I've just seen Burg get better with each week and Ironton seemed to hit a peak and just sort of stay stagnate. HP is a different animal given their athletes they have at the ability to score but where Burg has the advantage is HP has tendencies to beat themselves and get behind the chains because of penalties.

I think Preps defense is much improved this year and they're not reliant on just being better offensively. Burg played a Waverly team who had a lot of athletes that will be more suitable for what they'll see in this game. This one is going to be a close one, going to stick with the boys from SEO and say Burg by 5 but it's going to be a tough one. Only concern I have for Burg is coming off a game like Ironton will they have a lull to start this game because they're going to have to be just as physical in this one if they want the W. I view it to the Minford game this year after coming off a tough one to Jackson, Burg had to scrape and claw to get out of Muletown with the W. Should be a good game good luck.
Crowd size is the known fact for each team. No question there. Both teams know what they are walking into.

Harvest Prep by 10

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Home bleachers or not, all of Wheelersburg will be there Saturday night. Also gotta think a lot of local fans will be there with Burg being only area team still playing, decent weather forecast, and tOSU playing at noon.

As for the game, Burg just got done beating Ridgewood and Ironton the last 2 weeks, so they can for sure play with Harvest Prep. Might be hard to get high school kids up again emotionally after such a big win over Ironton, but Woodward and staff will remind them all week the job's not finished yet.*

Return to “Football”