Do programs want to get better?

greyghost
Waterboy

Re: Do programs want to get better?

Post by greyghost »

Ff3233 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:38 pm
greyghost wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:19 pm
Ff3233 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:30 pm

Completely wrong. Kirtland80 with the avatar is the one and only. The other trolls multiple threads.
Haven't seen either one of those jokers for a while. Hopefully that beating the MAC team put on them has shut them up. Tired of hearing how they are the only ones that know how to win.
They won 55 in a row. And that's not the way the original Kirtland poster was.
And now they've lost 1 in a row and I remember him being that way. He even argued so much with a moderator last year that he got banned. So, yea, I'm glad he hasn't been on here in a while.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greyghost wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:30 pm Versailles wanted to get better.

“They put the work in in the weight room and on the field and in the classroom..."

-Ryan Jones, Versailles HFC
Every coach knows what it takes to get there. These guys get together in the off-season at conferences. But tiger laverde wins because he knows how to coach. This past game though he was outsmarted.

greyghost
Waterboy

Post by greyghost »

wobycat wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:00 pm
greyghost wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:30 pm Versailles wanted to get better.

“They put the work in in the weight room and on the field and in the classroom..."

-Ryan Jones, Versailles HFC
Every coach knows what it takes to get there. These guys get together in the off-season at conferences. But tiger laverde wins because he knows how to coach. This past game though he was outsmarted.
Yes, he was out coached.

Speedy991
Waterboy

Post by Speedy991 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:19 pm We start ours early…and the same playbook is ran from pee wee right on up to varsity
Awesome. That’s the way it should be. And try to keep a teaching but winning tradition all the way through. This also really keeps younger kids involved if the high school players are involved some. I ran our peewee program for several years. I asked the varsity coach if I could run his offense and he was shocked I wanted to. Most groups won’t work together. Is what makes it hard. At the end a new varsity coach came i. Hated peewee ball and basically ruined it. We are still trying to get it rolling again 3 years later

Arnie
Waterboy

Post by Arnie »

Speedy991 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:37 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:19 pm We start ours early…and the same playbook is ran from pee wee right on up to varsity
Awesome. That’s the way it should be. And try to keep a teaching but winning tradition all the way through. This also really keeps younger kids involved if the high school players are involved some. I ran our peewee program for several years. I asked the varsity coach if I could run his offense and he was shocked I wanted to. Most groups won’t work together. Is what makes it hard. At the end a new varsity coach came i. Hated peewee ball and basically ruined it. We are still trying to get it rolling again 3 years later
Way too much daddy ball in pee wee at most places. If you can get a good group of coaches in it's a blessing. But daddy ball can ruin it quickly.

Izladoom
All State

Re: Do programs want to get better?h

Post by Izladoom »

Some school boards view sports as nothing more than a extracurricular activity so they don’t really care if they win or not

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Izladoom wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:47 pm Some school boards view sports as nothing more than a extracurricular activity so they don’t really care if they win or not
This. I know we're all sports fans, but division 6 high school sports doesn't have the same goal as a college sport or pro franchise.

Our school happens to be lucky to have a great coach right now, but they aren't found under ever rock and tree. A stable program that wins 4-7 games a year isn't the worst thing, and not easy to find.

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

efarns wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:39 pm
Izladoom wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:47 pm Some school boards view sports as nothing more than a extracurricular activity so they don’t really care if they win or not
This. I know we're all sports fans, but division 6 high school sports doesn't have the same goal as a college sport or pro franchise.

Our school happens to be lucky to have a great coach right now, but they aren't found under ever rock and tree. A stable program that wins 4-7 games a year isn't the worst thing, and not easy to find.
Yea, I know of a coach that won 6 league championships in 8 years, but had one bad season and they fired him. Needless to say they have struggled to win a few games ever since after hiring a daddy coach, and then another coach, and now on coach number three. :o

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

This thread raises a great question.
My answer is it depends on the administration and community since they pick the Super and the Board.
I had an administrator, principal, tell me once that if you want fewer problems then you hope all your programs go .500.
If you win a bunch or lose a bunch each of those present problems.
If you look at it from his perspective it's hard to argue with the .500 argument.
History tells us some communities demand winning while others don't seem to put a high value on it.
The latter win when a good group of kids come through or a great coach is hired (they will probably leave when they discover that they aren't getting the support they want).

Return to “Football”