End of an Era at Valley.......

transplant
SE

Re: End of an Era at Valley.......

Post by transplant »

Last I heard, they were down to two candidates and conducting second interviews with them.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

transplant wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:21 am Last I heard, they were down to two candidates and conducting second interviews with them.
Do you know if they are internal or external candidates?

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Thanks for the responses. Like many, my curiosity runs rampant.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Yes, both.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Any word ?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

So when is the “new era” gonna start? What is the Valley BOE administration doing here? Every other team/program has off-season work going on, has plans in place for the season, weights, etc….

Valley STILL hasn’t hired a coach? What are we waiting on?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Last I heard was 2nd interviews with the final two candidates then decision made on the 19th I think? Something like that. So we will see. The players have still been lifting and all that.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Interviews were pushed back. Not sure on a date now. Not sure what is going on over there.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

This is really surprising I thought they would have had a ideal of who they wanted when Crabtrees announcement was made

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

You would think.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Last info I just heard on this job is that it was down to 2 candidates both from the current staff.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

greygoose wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:02 am Last info I just heard on this job is that it was down to 2 candidates both from the current staff.
Both from current staff? Not what I heard, but could have changed I guess.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

transplant wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:30 am
greygoose wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:02 am Last info I just heard on this job is that it was down to 2 candidates both from the current staff.
Both from current staff? Not what I heard, but could have changed I guess.
Was told 2 guys from there, so I'm assuming that means staff, guess we'll find out not sure what is taking so long.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

both from there, yes. But of the names I've heard only one is on the current staff. Other is coaching elsewhere.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

They had better make the right decision for the future of the program. There are some people in charge that have about as much business hiring a football coach as I do filling prescriptions.

One of the candidates is Valley to the core and just won a regional championship.

The other is not really even liked by those he played with in the purple and gold.

If the wrong decision is made there will be a lot of long time (Lucasville lifers) supporters that will wash their hands of the program.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:01 pm They had better make the right decision for the future of the program. There are some people in charge that have about as much business hiring a football coach as I do filling prescriptions.

One of the candidates is Valley to the core and just won a regional championship.

The other is not really even liked by those he played with in the purple and gold.

If the wrong decision is made there will be a lot of long time (Lucasville lifers) supporters that will wash their hands of the program.
I only wish the board can make the decision soon. I am one of those “lifers”
They have a lot to go thru. I can only hope the right decision is presented to the board and they go along with the recommendation.
I hope the board realizes the ramifications of this decision. Both for the school’s future.
Last edited by pmow3 on Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I see what you did there. Nice. I agree, if the wrong decision is made and doesn't work out, would be very hard to gain the trust of the lucasville lifers again.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

transplant wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:11 pm I see what you did there. Nice. I agree, if the wrong decision is made and doesn't work out, would be very hard to gain the trust of the lucasville lifers again.
It is a slam dunk.

If another hire is made, it is to fulfill an agenda. There won't be any regaining of trust. It will be over for a lot of people.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:15 pm
transplant wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:11 pm I see what you did there. Nice. I agree, if the wrong decision is made and doesn't work out, would be very hard to gain the trust of the lucasville lifers again.
It is a slam dunk.

If another hire is made, it is to fulfill an agenda. There won't be any regaining of trust. It will be over for a lot of people.
Yeah, I agree. Hope they make the right choice.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:15 pm
It is a slam dunk.

This is a FACT. I think the Valley faithful should be allowed to attend the NEXT School Board meeting, voice their opinions, and I think the vote should happen in front of the community.

If they fulfill this agenda...I dont think Valley football will recover. IMO.

Return to “Football”