South Point’s Maurice Long offered by Akron

burgpirater
Riding the Bench

Re: South Point’s Maurice Long offered by Akron

Post by burgpirater »

I-TownFanatic wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:20 pm Has Ironton offered yet? If not they need to get on it. Need some line next year. Would be a great addition with the Gallia kid
hahaha so true!

OVCFan1
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan1 »

First off Congratulations to Mr. Long!! This kid has size, strength and is very nimble on his feet. He's a very very good player; I hope nothing but success for him all along the way!! The recognition is earned and warranted...

Next: X's and Blows...you're arrogance is astounding, your belittling of kids is very sad and try as you might that's exactly what you do.

Next, many kids from all schools in the area have found success at the collegiate level: just last night Tanner Holden of Burg was part of the Wright State Team who punched their ticket to the NCAA tournament and he was a major contributor to team, last night and all year. Leads the NCAA in Freethrows, averages 19pps and 7 rpg. Coal Grove's Austen Pleasants, Fairland has kids in multiple sports competing at the collegiate level. Rock Hill has 2 kids I saw last week from their social media page that are major contributors At Rhode Island University and Ashland University. Ironton has kids doing great things and I applaud them, and cheer them, and hope they continue to do well, But kids don't have to go to Ironton to be found...they can be found right where they are and are and I cheer them kids on to success also!

One last thing X's...for you to come on to a kid's congratulatory thread for being offered and say you watched SP last year and to say you saw no talent there....F*** YOU!!!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Hope to watch him play this year, great for SP

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

OVCFan1 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:29 pm First off Congratulations to Mr. Long!! This kid has size, strength and is very nimble on his feet. He's a very very good player; I hope nothing but success for him all along the way!! The recognition is earned and warranted...

Next: X's and Blows...you're arrogance is astounding, your belittling of kids is very sad and try as you might that's exactly what you do.

Next, many kids from all schools in the area have found success at the collegiate level: just last night Tanner Holden of Burg was part of the Wright State Team who punched their ticket to the NCAA tournament and he was a major contributor to team, last night and all year. Leads the NCAA in Freethrows, averages 19pps and 7 rpg. Coal Grove's Austen Pleasants, Fairland has kids in multiple sports competing at the collegiate level. Rock Hill has 2 kids I saw last week from their social media page that are major contributors At Rhode Island University and Ashland University. Ironton has kids doing great things and I applaud them, and cheer them, and hope they continue to do well, But kids don't have to go to Ironton to be found...they can be found right where they are and are and I cheer them kids on to success also!

One last thing X's...for you to come on to a kid's congratulatory thread for being offered and say you watched SP last year and to say you saw no talent there....F*** YOU!!!

Goodness me buddy, simmer down a bit will ya? Was he in the wrong yeah, doesn’t matter what high school you go to or what division you play at the next level. Just going to college is awesome, earning a scholarship is even better. But I think you may be in your feelings a little too much throwing out F bombs lol.

Bad Snap
Riding the Bench

Post by Bad Snap »

Ironton need this kid to win!!!! Have the most talent and games r still toss-ups

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

OVCFan1 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:29 pm First off Congratulations to Mr. Long!! This kid has size, strength and is very nimble on his feet. He's a very very good player; I hope nothing but success for him all along the way!! The recognition is earned and warranted...

I watched last years game from home on my couch. It’s really hard to tell the size or speed of HS kids on a computer. Even tougher if it’s a lineman. You also have to take into consideration that game was 38-0 or something like that at end of 1st Qtr. I was by no means knocking the kid. Im happy as anyone for any kid from this area to get a shot at the next level. I hope he goes and gets a quality education and has a great career. I want to see all the area kids do well whether you believe that or not. I also want to say I don’t buy that Ironton has all this elite talent. Ironton has always had kids move in. Here’s a couple names that may ring a bell. Mark Snyder, Roman Fry, Jason Harmon, Heath Brownstead, Jermon Jackson all weren’t born in Ironton. All moved in to get at that time a better chance to play college football and hopefully win a championship. I think Kids coming to Ironton now are looking at the same opportunities. What’s happening at Ironton has happened around here before as far as kids going to school but never at the rate it’s happening. 7-8 kids go Play D1 college ball in 2-3 years. I also don’t think Ironton has all the elite talent. I’ve watched all the kids the last few years and they are good players but they aren’t super stars. They’ve had one ELITE guy in last few years and that’s Carrico. I’ll say this. What’s going on at Ironton happened 40 years ago there would be a lot of guys going to college off each team at Ironton. Lastly I’m excited to watch the SP kid now. I’ve never seen him play live and intrigued to see him this fall. Best of luck to him as he prepares to play college football at the highest level.

Return to “Football”