2022 SOC1 & SOC2 Predictions

RelaxGoat

Re: 2022 SOC1 & SOC2 Predictions

Post by RelaxGoat »

sportsfan2244 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:31 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:49 pm I’d love to hear what program these fools think ND is capable of mirroring, that they don’t already.
I agree with you completely!
Are you a parent?

RelaxGoat

Re: Soc 1 & 2 predictions

Post by RelaxGoat »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:46 pm SOC II

1. Burg
2. West
3. Minford
4. Waverly
5. Valley
6. Oak Hill

Burg the favorite until someone takes it from them. West has the returning talent, but is there a mental block with Burg? Minford will line up and run Pica 20-25x game...not sure who they’ll have at qb. Waverly loses a lot, but Robertson looks like a player at LB. Valley could go 5-5 next year and still end up in Regional semis or beyond. Oak Hill still in rebuilding mode.

SOC I

1. Symmes Valley
2. Northwest
3. Notre Dame
4. East
5. Eastern
6. Green

Northwest sounds like they in coaching flux again, so I going with Symmes Valley. Notre Dame will have some good numbers and could shake things up a bit.*
Interesting. This I can agree with.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Whatever happened to Minford? They used to be so solid and always a threat. Are they losing player too? Always was a fan!!

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Roster numbers update (approximate numbers based on team photos on twitter):

SOC I
Notre Dame: 32
Green: 30
East: 27

SOC II
Wheelersburg: 73
West: 39
Minford: 35
Valley: 33

Others
Piketon: 49
Portsmouth: 48

Surprised most at West's number as I would've expected around 50 players. Quality is more important than quantity though, and West will be fine next couple of years. SOC I schools' numbers look pretty solid compared to a few years ago. Still missing a few schools and will update.*
Last edited by art_vandelay on Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Burg
West
Waverly
Minford
Valley
Oak

Nd
Sv
East
Nw
Eastern
Green

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

art_vandelay wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:47 pm Roster numbers update (approximate numbers based on team photos on twitter):

SOC I

SOC II

Others

Surprised most at West's number as I would've expected around 50 players. Quality is more important than quantity though, and West will be fine next couple of years. SOC I schools' numbers look pretty solid compared to a few years ago. Still missing a few schools and will update.*
Update:

Northwest: 40
Oak Hill: 25
Symmes Valley: 24

Not bad turnout for Northwest but lower than last few years if I recall correctly. Pretty low numbers for Oak Hill and SV.*

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

art_vandelay wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:47 pm Roster numbers update (approximate numbers based on team photos on twitter):

SOC I

SOC II

Others

It’s crazy seeing the soc teams have as many players as valley I hope their numbers improve in the next few years but if I remember right enrollment is way down

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Izladoom wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:30 pm

SOC I

SOC II

Others

It’s crazy seeing the soc teams have as many players as valley I hope their numbers improve in the next few years but if I remember right enrollment is way down
Valley junior high has some real good numbers coming up, so they should be back around 40+ next few years. SOC II numbers in general seem low, but those schools also competing with soccer for kids.*

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

SOC I

SOC II

Others

Wow! If those numbers are correct, that’s a massive advantage for the Burg.

Why are West and Minford numbers so low?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:07 am

SOC I

SOC II

Others

A better question to ask is why are Wheelersburg participation numbers so high?

Is it the result of community, school administration, and coaching staff that encourage their youth to succeed?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

RelaxGoat wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:34 pm
RiverBallFan1 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:28 pm
sportsfan2244 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:30 pm

AIM why don't you apply for the job and have relaxgoat as your assistant. Possibly the same person. You are to big of a coward to take your complaint to the board and just want to run your mouth on here. You do realize that when a senior gets hurts or junior get hurts, they are replaced by freshman who have no business playing varsity football. That's what happens with low numbers. You can't compare the teams in the 80's to teams now. The enrollment at ND was a lot bigger, Open enrollment wasn't a thing. What would you change, if you were running the show?
This is so true!! Year in and year out it’s always “they don’t have the numbers”. Well, the last few years they have. “They made the playoffs last year”. They played 3 somewhat decent teams and lost to all 3. In the playoffs to a team with a losing record. They hit the mail on the head with the coaching issue. You don’t have to prepare, but the biggest issue is the nepotism within the program. The best player on the team will only touch the ball maybe 5 times a game. You know who he is. Unless it’s a hard hitting team, then he will get the ball until the other team puts in the second team. Head coach has a nephew…feature back, other coach has a grandson…second in carries, other coach son is QB, with another better player behind him. Then there’s another rotation a fathers and sons. “Bring your kid here, you can be a coach”. Tell me it doesn’t happen!!! Original question. Who wins the SOC…NW (even with their carousel of ever changing coaches) SV then ND…maybe Green.
Sportsfan2244, it sounds like you are one of the people benefiting from the current situation there. Chronic name callers have no points to stand on. Hey, those players propped up will do nothing beyond ND. Any coach with desire to do thing right could top Ashley’s losing record.
I am far from a parent but I know the Notre Dame program/system very well. I just don't know what yours and relaxgoat problem is with the coaching staff at ND. If you coach at ND you coach because you love the kids and you love to coach. You don't coach for the money.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Omega wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:39 am
RBH23 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:07 am

SOC I

SOC II

Others

A better question to ask is why are Wheelersburg participation numbers so high?

Is it the result of community, school administration, and coaching staff that encourage their youth to succeed?
The Burg community is good at supporting school athletics and activities, but that has always been true. However, this gap in number of players was not like this in the 1980’s. Back then, Minford and West had enough kids for a freshman, JV, and varsity team. Based on these numbers, no freshman team and a JV team would be a struggle.

Very sad to see this.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

sportsfan2244 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:46 am
RelaxGoat wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:34 pm
RiverBallFan1 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:28 pm

This is so true!! Year in and year out it’s always “they don’t have the numbers”. Well, the last few years they have. “They made the playoffs last year”. They played 3 somewhat decent teams and lost to all 3. In the playoffs to a team with a losing record. They hit the mail on the head with the coaching issue. You don’t have to prepare, but the biggest issue is the nepotism within the program. The best player on the team will only touch the ball maybe 5 times a game. You know who he is. Unless it’s a hard hitting team, then he will get the ball until the other team puts in the second team. Head coach has a nephew…feature back, other coach has a grandson…second in carries, other coach son is QB, with another better player behind him. Then there’s another rotation a fathers and sons. “Bring your kid here, you can be a coach”. Tell me it doesn’t happen!!! Original question. Who wins the SOC…NW (even with their carousel of ever changing coaches) SV then ND…maybe Green.
Sportsfan2244, it sounds like you are one of the people benefiting from the current situation there. Chronic name callers have no points to stand on. Hey, those players propped up will do nothing beyond ND. Any coach with desire to do thing right could top Ashley’s losing record.
I am far from a parent but I know the Notre Dame program/system very well. I just don't know what yours and relaxgoat problem is with the coaching staff at ND. If you coach at ND you coach because you love the kids and you love to coach. You don't coach for the money.
I agree with you 100% and I am a parent! My kid has only been there a couple years and he loves the school, he loves the othe other kids and he loves the coaches. He also knows that these coaches loves their players and want them to succeed. If they were bad people their numbers wouldn’t be increasing. Kids wouldn’t come back after they left over the summer! So let them talk. Look at the other schools with numbers dropping every year but yet NDs is climbing and results are getting better!
ND is Family!!!

bengals05
Riding the Bench

Post by bengals05 »

SOC I

SOC II

Others

How does Burg have 70-80 football kids, 20-30 soccer kids, 30 band kids, and remain in Div V? Do they not have any kids that hang out on the corner smoking cigs and not playing any sports like every other school??

tigercat74
Riding the Bench

Post by tigercat74 »

bengals05 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:03 am

SOC I

SOC II

Others

How does Burg have 70-80 football kids, 20-30 soccer kids, 30 band kids, and remain in Div V? Do they not have any kids that hang out on the corner smoking cigs and not playing any sports like every other school??
Just a rumor I heard once but I hear they encourage non athletes to transfer to one of the neighboring school districts to keep the numbers down. Is this true? No idea but I did have someone I worked with whose son decided to go to Clay after 8th grade about 12 years ago. His parents still live in Burg and still root for Burg.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

tigercat74 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:14 am

SOC I

SOC II

Others

Just a rumor I heard once but I hear they encourage non athletes to transfer to one of the neighboring school districts to keep the numbers down. Is this true? No idea but I did have someone I worked with whose son decided to go to Clay after 8th grade about 12 years ago. His parents still live in Burg and still root for Burg.

Whoever told you that is being silly or hasn’t got good sense. Burgs classes are full to the brim. 30+ per class. The town also seems to be growing housing. I’ve heard kids transfer out of burg but it’s been about playing time and coaching issues.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

tigercat74 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:14 am

SOC I

SOC II

Others

Believe they done away with some sort of band activity a couple years back which drove some kids to leave. This has been the way for quite sometime, of all the teams on the bubble one way or the other one thing has remained the same Burg is DV no matter what.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

SOC I

SOC II

Others

Burg has about 190 boys in the school. To have 70+ for football, field a soccer team, golf team, cross country, and band, about 70% of boys would have to participate.

One thing that has changed: in the 70’s and early 80’s, the Burg had an enormous band (well over 100 kids). Their band now is probably 30 boys and girls total. So basically boys shifted away from band and into sports. Overall participation rate is probably the same.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

The band picture I saw looked to be around 50 kids…definitely up from last few seasons…good to see

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

522Pirate wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:44 am The band picture I saw looked to be around 50 kids…definitely up from last few seasons…good to see
That’s great to hear!

Burg band 40 years ago. Probably close to 150 kids!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DHQ9-1PW2Zs

Return to “Football”