Ironton 29 Jackson 26 2022

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Re: Ironton@Jackson Week 2

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:32 pm
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:46 am Win or lose against Jackson, it won't make or break Irontons season. It's win win for the Tigers. If they lose, it just makes them better and gets them ready for the playoffs. Win, keep on Rollin.
Jackson being the bigger school needs the win more, IMO.
Next weeks game won’t define either teams season, it’s a good early game that will only benefit them going forward. Two of the premier teams in southern Ohio banging heads. Will be fun.
Agree. If Ironton doesn't improve from week 1, Jackson will win by 2 tds.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Man this should be a heck of a game, look for another low scoring game I don't know that I'm sold on Jackson's ability to run it on Ironton. Let's go 13-7 Ironton but wouldn't be surprised if Jackson pulls this out right now early on Ironton has a TON of growth they need to do before being considered DV state champion favorites.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:53 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:32 pm
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:46 am Win or lose against Jackson, it won't make or break Irontons season. It's win win for the Tigers. If they lose, it just makes them better and gets them ready for the playoffs. Win, keep on Rollin.
Jackson being the bigger school needs the win more, IMO.
Next weeks game won’t define either teams season, it’s a good early game that will only benefit them going forward. Two of the premier teams in southern Ohio banging heads. Will be fun.
Agree. If Ironton doesn't improve from week 1, Jackson will win by 2 tds.
Ironton just beat Wheelersburg at Ed miler stadium. I mean , that’s is extremely hard to do.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:00 pm Man this should be a heck of a game, look for another low scoring game I don't know that I'm sold on Jackson's ability to run it on Ironton. Let's go 13-7 Ironton but wouldn't be surprised if Jackson pulls this out right now early on Ironton has a TON of growth they need to do before being considered DV state champion favorites.
Jackson didn’t sustain drives on Logan .

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

I think this will be a fairly low scoring game and I think it could go to either team honestly. Just depends on who executes better. I hope we can get a good offensive game plan dialed up this week. Defense is usually solid. Would just like to see the offensive units turn it up more this week.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Ironmen34 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:08 pm I think this will be a fairly low scoring game and I think it could go to either team honestly. Just depends on who executes better. I hope we can get a good offensive game plan dialed up this week. Defense is usually solid. Would just like to see the offensive units turn it up more this week.
Agree, Jackson should be able to run the ball down the throat is any local team. Big d3 with tradition , huge numbers.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:08 pm
greygoose wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:00 pm Man this should be a heck of a game, look for another low scoring game I don't know that I'm sold on Jackson's ability to run it on Ironton. Let's go 13-7 Ironton but wouldn't be surprised if Jackson pulls this out right now early on Ironton has a TON of growth they need to do before being considered DV state champion favorites.
Jackson didn’t sustain drives on Logan .
Looked like from Wofford's stats he was scoring long Tds, had him pegged as a guy to watch going into this season.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

As always is the case in games like these, the team most fundamentally sound will most likely win. Turnovers, untimely penalties, missed assignments, etc....will decide the winner in games of evenly matched teams.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:15 pm
Ironmen34 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:08 pm I think this will be a fairly low scoring game and I think it could go to either team honestly. Just depends on who executes better. I hope we can get a good offensive game plan dialed up this week. Defense is usually solid. Would just like to see the offensive units turn it up more this week.
Agree, Jackson should be able to run the ball down the throat is any local team. Big d3 with tradition , huge numbers.
I know we put up good numbers last week but it seemed to be mainly off long plays and not from long drives. That worries me against Ironton because I’m sure they will be very sound on defense so breaking long plays is gonna be hard to come by. If we can’t put together long drives then we better force some turnovers. I just hope we find our identity on offense early this year. Seems in the past we don’t find it until a couple games in or after a loss.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Agree 100% with your take on Ironton.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Just watched each of these teams first games. Nice wins but a lot to improve it looked. Both special teams looked rough. Burg seemed to know what play Ironton was running most every play. Jackson couldn’t go down the field if not for two players. Ironton will have the guys to stop that. Jackson was good on defense.

I could see Ironton winning a 27-13 game or Jackson winning a 14-13 game.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Ironton may be able to get their line into the spot where they can crank out long drives against a good defense. I’m talking the ones where you get 4-6 first downs in one drive. But it won’t happen in a week.

Ironton will need chunk plays where they gain 20, 40, 80 yards to maintain offense. They have the guys to do it, but given Jackson probably feels they can slow Ironton down without committing 9 in the box, that may be hard. Jackson should just assume that their front 7 can outmatch Ironton’s front 5 and limit most runs to a short gain.

Ironton’s defense is weaker up front than the last few editions but pretty tough behind that. Carter and Barnes are monsters at backer, and Keyes was most impressive this week on that side of the ball. That plus Wilson, Young, Martin, and Fielder limits what you’re getting.

I see Jackson having more success than Wheelersburg did, but success against this D is probably 10-14 points without help from short fields. I think Ironton can match, but it will take a major step up in quality from Week 1. I’d say Ironton is a small favorite, but this one is close to a coin flip for me.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

In all honesty first to 20 or closest to 20 wins. I do think Irontons defense is legit but I also think Jackson’s offense should have some success

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

This game will tell us a good bit about both teams

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

Extra point unit is weak. Other than that, Ironton is solid..

Lolol
Waterboy

Post by Lolol »

RelaxGoat wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:35 am I am not sure how good Ironton is, but the extra point unit could lose them some games.
It was one missed field goal and you’re writing them off for the year already. Cut the girl some slack, all you’ve commented on is about the extra points. Get over it.

Lolol
Waterboy

Post by Lolol »

RelaxGoat wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:53 pm Extra point unit is weak. Other than that, Ironton is solid..
Another comment about the extra point unit. It was one point and you’re writing the poor girl off. Ridiculous on your part.

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

Lolol wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:35 am
RelaxGoat wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:53 pm Extra point unit is weak. Other than that, Ironton is solid..
Another comment about the extra point unit. It was one point and you’re writing the poor girl off. Ridiculous on your part.
Its seo. Sexism is a past time. She'll be fine.

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

I think Ironton leans more on the Keys/Felder 1,2 punch this week.

Ironton.

Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by Carmen Ohio »

TriState_34 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:45 am
Lolol wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:35 am
Its seo. Sexism is a past time. She'll be fine.
It really is bizarre. If we judge the rest of the team on one performance they should probably give up on the season. That was not a deep playoff predicting performance against Wheelersburg.

Return to “Football”