Green Bobcats 2022-2023

FFGreenBobcat
Waterboy

Green Bobcats 2022-2023

Post by FFGreenBobcat »

This team is a solid, tight knit team. They’re a special group, and people are underestimating them. They have speed, size, power.

RB - Brannigan is an animal. The wings Sparks, and Lodwick are fast FAST. QB1 Abe McBee dude is a freak, offensive and defensive. Almost unstoppable.

The line is HUGE Center “Landon Lewis” at 6’5” - 295 as a sophomore is one to look out for. And 6’4” James Hurst senior TE is big, fast, and full of heart. Then the beef inside following Lewis and Hurst. Probably the 4 strongest on the team is Lavender (Tackle), the Runyon boys (Isaiah and Andy both guards), with Tyler Blanton at tackle, and then Thompson at TE. The offensive looked good last night.

The defense is a new level of Green football. Stingy, tough, resilient. They don’t like giving up a yard. This team is special and with Coach Coffman, Coach Pat McDavid (Nephew of Franklin Furnace legend Dan McDavid), Coach Claxton, and Coach Holsinger having these boys fired up, and on top of the new stadium. WATCH THESE BOYS!
Last edited by FFGreenBobcat on Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Green Bobcats 2022-2023

Post by mattash »

they looked really good yesteray actually, they have some numbers. could finish 2nd in the soc

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Good luck in 2022.

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

Good Luck Green!!

SPelf
Freshman Team

Post by SPelf »

I see this team winning 4 to 6 games. They have a decent amount of talent, and for the 1st time in a long time, they have some depth!

They lean on the run, and their line does a pretty good job of pulling on misdirections and such. I think as mentioned in other threads, they will struggle with the likes of NW, East, and maybe ND. But SV, Eastern, Fairview, etc... winnable games.

Clean up those bad snaps and figure out who your real QB is ( maybe keep the McBee kid as a back and let that kid you bring in to actually throw the ball be your QB) and I think this is a pretty decent squad!

QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

The Bobcats have several positive things to build on as well as some things to clean up. If they can continue to improve it will be a fun season. There are a lot of exciting things happening in the Furnace

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Anyone have any photos of the new football facility?

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

Green could possibly be 5-0 by the time the SOC play begins. Simply because their first 5 games are against teams that will be lucky to win one or two ball games all year. Then when SOC plays begin they will be lucky to win 1 of those games… Reasons first reason Symes Valley will be much improved by the time they play because they are playing better competition up front! Second game of SOC play features ND not a chance of winning because ND only lost 3 kids last year and plenty of underclassman stepping up. ND much bigger and faster! Now let’s move to game 3 of the SOC against Northwest, obviously you already know you won’t win that game because someone in prior post mentioned Green would finish second this year in SOC so I guessing that would be behind Northwest. And are 1/2 right, Green won’t beat Northwest, so let’s move to game 4 against East. Green may run with them for the first half but not enough for the W. East still got better game than Green this year. Now the last game of SOC play against Eastern, Weren’t very good last year, much improved this year but Green could take this one..

So at best I will give you 1 maybe 2 wins in the SOC if they pull out a tight one with Symes
6-4 or possibly a 7-3 . But not a second place in SOC 4th place at best. Much improved and not a bad season at all compared to the partial year 1 win season last year.

I seen the FC game Saturday, no pass game, Green has some quick kids but not fast, FC don’t snap the ball over QBs head Green loses 7-0 and no OT cause the offense was not that great against a below average team… sorry

QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

BillyBob21 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:01 pm Green could possibly be 5-0 by the time the SOC play begins. Simply because their first 5 games are against teams that will be lucky to win one or two ball games all year. Then when SOC plays begin they will be lucky to win 1 of those games… Reasons first reason Symes Valley will be much improved by the time they play because they are playing better competition up front! Second game of SOC play features ND not a chance of winning because ND only lost 3 kids last year and plenty of underclassman stepping up. ND much bigger and faster! Now let’s move to game 3 of the SOC against Northwest, obviously you already know you won’t win that game because someone in prior post mentioned Green would finish second this year in SOC so I guessing that would be behind Northwest. And are 1/2 right, Green won’t beat Northwest, so let’s move to game 4 against East. Green may run with them for the first half but not enough for the W. East still got better game than Green this year. Now the last game of SOC play against Eastern, Weren’t very good last year, much improved this year but Green could take this one..

So at best I will give you 1 maybe 2 wins in the SOC if they pull out a tight one with Symes
6-4 or possibly a 7-3 . But not a second place in SOC 4th place at best. Much improved and not a bad season at all compared to the partial year 1 win season last year.

I seen the FC game Saturday, no pass game, Green has some quick kids but not fast, FC don’t snap the ball over QBs head Green loses 7-0 and no OT cause the offense was not that great against a below average team… sorry
Billy Bob your assessment of the other teams in the SOC is fair. My only issue is you say teams will continue to get better by time Green plays them but then site the Bobcats issues from week one. I believe they too will continue to get better. If that passing game improves at all then they are a completely different team. Defense is quick and hard hitting. I also think if you get a few wins under these kids belt they will be riding confidence and emotion that can take them far. My assessment is only true if they continue to improve. Any way Go Cats!

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

QB SNEAK wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:16 am
BillyBob21 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:01 pm Green could possibly be 5-0 by the time the SOC play begins. Simply because their first 5 games are against teams that will be lucky to win one or two ball games all year. Then when SOC plays begin they will be lucky to win 1 of those games… Reasons first reason Symes Valley will be much improved by the time they play because they are playing better competition up front! Second game of SOC play features ND not a chance of winning because ND only lost 3 kids last year and plenty of underclassman stepping up. ND much bigger and faster! Now let’s move to game 3 of the SOC against Northwest, obviously you already know you won’t win that game because someone in prior post mentioned Green would finish second this year in SOC so I guessing that would be behind Northwest. And are 1/2 right, Green won’t beat Northwest, so let’s move to game 4 against East. Green may run with them for the first half but not enough for the W. East still got better game than Green this year. Now the last game of SOC play against Eastern, Weren’t very good last year, much improved this year but Green could take this one..

Billy Bob your assessment of the other teams in the SOC is fair. My only issue is you say teams will continue to get better by time Green plays them but then site the Bobcats issues from week one. I believe they too will continue to get better. If that passing game improves at all then they are a completely different team. Defense is quick and hard hitting. I also think if you get a few wins under these kids belt they will be riding confidence and emotion that can take them far. My assessment is only true if they continue to improve. Any way Go Cats!
Fair enough but I only said Symmes would improved because they are under a new coach and they have some athletes so they will be much better than the showing with South Gallia. I said Eastern will be much improved but Green should win that one.
And I agree that Green will improve but the weak up front schedule will not do anything but lift their spirits up, but it will not do anything to help them against NW, ND, SV and East this year. It seems to me that that Green has a lot of a youth and that’s great so in the next two or three years could possibly be in the running for the SOC but not this year..

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Chad Coffman is a good football coach.

QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

BillyBob21 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:08 pm
QB SNEAK wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:16 am

Fair enough but I only said Symmes would improved because they are under a new coach and they have some athletes so they will be much better than the showing with South Gallia. I said Eastern will be much improved but Green should win that one.
And I agree that Green will improve but the weak up front schedule will not do anything but lift their spirits up, but it will not do anything to help them against NW, ND, SV and East this year. It seems to me that that Green has a lot of a youth and that’s great so in the next two or three years could possibly be in the running for the SOC but not this year..
I See Your Point. I don't know much about Fisher Catholic but here is hoping for a win tonight.

FFGreenBobcat
Waterboy

Post by FFGreenBobcat »

Green Bobcats 40 - Fisher Catholic 0

Return to “Football”