Western Brown 54 Washington 40 2022

wch125
All State

Western Brown 54 Washington 40 2022

Post by wch125 »

Big game for the Blue Lions and even Western Brown. For Washington CH a win here is a huge boost to a team that wants to do well and win league and make the playoffs. For Western they are supposed to be a program that just rolls this year with one of the best QB's in the state and a high powered offense.

Washington Dispatched of Bexley 35-6 and looked dominant while Western Brown started there FAC tour disposing of Hillsboro 55-0. Last years game was at Western Brown and the Broncos took care of the Blue Lions at home. The Blue Lions will be looking to return the favor .

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Week 2: Western Brown 1-0 @ Washington CH 1-0

Post by greygoose »

So is this game going to be the first to 60?? Western Brown is a senior heavy team returning all but I believe 2 starters from last years team including the national record holder at QB Drew Novak. WCH can typically put up the points but always seem to lack the ability to keep anyone off of the scoreboard, I just don't see where they want to get into some huge shootout with these guys. WB by 13

jose12
Waterboy

Post by jose12 »

Western Brown by 30. Might be closer if WCH scores a lot in 4th quarter when game is already over

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

Well our defense is much improved and we have the athletes to match up with those on our schedule. We have a pretty good amount of seniors also.

Our Offense is very explosive , Im excited to see our defense who has been very aggressive in the preseason and in our first game against Bexley. While Western Brown is a much better team then Bexley . I think this will be a good game.

The QB for Western is an Animal, passing and Running the ball. If we can contain him and not give up big plays we will be alright.

Last week we had Our QB Troy Thompson throw for 304 and our 1 of our backs went over 100 rushing if we are balanced again we will get the win

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Western Brown 55
Washington 35

I wish OU would offer this kid

southcentralguy
Waterboy

Post by southcentralguy »

greygoose wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:20 am So is this game going to be the first to 60?? Western Brown is a senior heavy team returning all but I believe 2 starters from last years team including the national record holder at QB Drew Novak. WCH can typically put up the points but always seem to lack the ability to keep anyone off of the scoreboard, I just don't see where they want to get into some huge shootout with these guys. WB by 13
greygoose
where do you get they cant keep people from scoring? The defense is far better then there offense and has been for the past 4 year since the Williamson kid took over the defense. Western Brown is not as good as they was last year. With that WB has the edge on Friday night but it wont be because WB has better athletes. If they win it will be cause of the QB. After this year WB tank will be dry.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Whomever has the ball last type game.

Should be a barn burner.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Freelobotomy
Waterboy

Post by Freelobotomy »

I thank that courthouse is way improved. They seem to have the speed and size to most definitely compete. I just wonder if they will be aggressive agenst western brown. And if so I thank Novak will pick up on that and maybe attack the middle of the defense. He is shifty it may not look like it but he can slide. I thank if courthouse wants to stay in the game they will have to stretch runs to the outside. Western brown is good at defending the a and b gap. It's just when teams bounce it to the outside they struggle. The secondary is pretty good for western brown. So I thank they can hang with courthouse wr and te. Another observation I see is that courthouse is not under center. And don't run a old time offense. The wing t the wishbone are hard for wb to defend at times. So with that being said I thank this game will come down to the courthouse running backs smart qb play. Western brown has to keep courthouse rb in check. If not...it's going to be a high scoring affair.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

WB by three touchdowns.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

WB

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Washington has the athletes to match up but Novak a difference maker and Western Brown is a well-oiled machine

I think Western Brown by 21+

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Novah surpassed 10K yards passing in week 1, he's now 1,195 yards away from surpassing Joe Burrow for 6th on the OHSAA all-time list. It's going to be interesting to see what WCH attempts to do in order to try and slow them down. The young man is a senior so pretty much at this point you're not going to surprise him the one constant from last year is anyone who sits back in zone will be shredded. Novak only ran the ball twice against Hillsboro but senior Chisman 11 carries 149 and 3tds.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

greygoose wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:40 pm Novah surpassed 10K yards passing in week 1, he's now 1,195 yards away from surpassing Joe Burrow for 6th on the OHSAA all-time list. It's going to be interesting to see what WCH attempts to do in order to try and slow them down. The young man is a senior so pretty much at this point you're not going to surprise him the one constant from last year is anyone who sits back in zone will be shredded. Novak only ran the ball twice against Hillsboro but senior Chisman 11 carries 149 and 3tds.
Yeah they aren’t going to fool him much. He’s next level.

go court house
Freshman Team

Post by go court house »

It will come down to the defensive scheme for Washington. Washington loves to blitz their LB's, and a lot of times that leaves the middle of the field open. Last year Novak was able to exploit that a lot. If you can bring blitz packages coming from all different areas of the field then you may be able to contain Novak. This may very well be a, whatever team has the ball last wins, type of game.

wch125
All State

Q

Post by wch125 »

Good Game WCH gave up 21pts in the 1st quarter and that really ended up being the difference. Every time they pulled with a touchdown or less Western and their Stud QB were able to create some breathing room. Washington even got it to 46-40 then on the kickoff by Washington all the LED lights in the stadium shut off. I felt like I was watching the Ravens Super Bowl comeback. When the lights came back on MR. Novak Put the game away . 54-40 was the final.

Some notes Novak is the real deal and his group of receivers run great routes and they have some of the best set of hands I have seen. If they touch the ball odds are they will catch it. He puts the ball in places db's cannot get to and only his receivers have a shot. With that said they are not unbeatable really feel like this was a win we should have got. I do not think we will see another QB that has the accuracy and ball placement and precision he has.

Also Western Brown never punts, they they go for it all the time. Even when the ball is in there own territory. Either the coach is crazy or super smart. Never seen a coach go for it that much but it did work. They did punt once pooch punt .

Western 54 WCH 40 Final

Freelobotomy
Waterboy

Post by Freelobotomy »

Drew Novak was 21/37 450 yards 4 tds and 1int. Ran 11 times for 61 yards and 3 tds.

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

Freelobotomy wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:11 am Drew Novak was 21/37 450 yards 4 tds and 1int. Ran 11 times for 61 yards and 3 tds.
I cannot believe how under rated this kid is. Does he attend camps in the off season?

mackdog
Freshman Team

Post by mackdog »

Does Novak have any offers?

Freelobotomy
Waterboy

Post by Freelobotomy »

Yes. He was at the elite 11 this past spring. Also was at west virginia north Carolina state and clemson camps.

Freelobotomy
Waterboy

Post by Freelobotomy »

The only d1 school that has offered him officially is stetson.

Return to “Football”