2022 SOC1 & SOC2 Predictions

RelaxGoat

Re: 2022 SOC1 & SOC2 Predictions

Post by RelaxGoat »

transplant wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:07 pm Thank you, that's what I was looking for. Sounds more of a program issue than just a high school level problem. Every kid develops at different rates, can't always compare youth success to high school success.
Believe me. It is a high school problem.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

RelaxGoat wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:59 pm
transplant wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:36 pm Is there a coach out there you think Notre Dame could get and be more successful? Who coaches the rough riders? Notre Dame parents? ex players? What system do they run?
Yes, there are good coaches available. I could suggest a few. Crappy would accuse them and me of something awful. They are there though.
Just killing it with the burns today. Great job with the name play.

You have taken up most of the last 4 pages of this thread but you still have offered zero answers. No lineups. No systems. No names of who should be coaching. Year two of Relax Goat being a keyboard warrior. It is a really brave thing to do anomalously on a message board.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

Crab's Brother wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:52 pm
transplant wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:36 pm Is there a coach out there you think Notre Dame could get and be more successful? Who coaches the rough riders? Notre Dame parents? ex players? What system do they run?
Yes, there are good coaches available. I could suggest a few. Crappy would accuse them and me of something awful. They are there though.

You have taken up most of the last 4 pages of this thread but you still have offered zero answers. No lineups. No systems. No names of who should be coaching. Year two of Relax Goat being a keyboard warrior. It is a really brave thing to do anomalously on a message board.
Crappy, what is your point? I have. You just are happy with Ashes burning the football program to the ground because your nephew gets to play. What brought your nephew to ND?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

RelaxGoat wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:30 pm

Crappy, what is your point? I have. You just are happy with Ashes burning the football program to the ground because your nephew gets to play. What brought your nephew to ND?
ND went 7-2 and made the playoffs last year and are heading for a similar-type season this year. They have solid D7/SOC I talent and numbers lined up all the way down to 7th grade. That's burning the ND program to the ground? What more are you expecting at ND? Chuck Ealey ain't walking through that door anymore.*

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

My point is all you have done is complain. You offer zero solutions. "Improve the line". Asking what Valley runs. You don't want to have a conversation. You want to bitch. And you want to do it behind a name on a message board. I have asked multiple times what you would do to fix it. You have offered nothing.

My nephew left West because the environment there was not what they wanted. They couldn't be happier than they are at ND.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

Crab's Brother wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:59 pm

My point is all you have done is complain. You offer zero solutions. "Improve the line". Asking what Valley runs. You don't want to have a conversation. You want to bitch. And you want to do it behind a name on a message board. I have asked multiple times what you would do to fix it. You have offered nothing.

My nephew left West because the environment there was not what they wanted. They couldn't be happier than they are at ND.
Ok, thick headed one, I have gave several solutions. The most current solution is watch the model Crabtree uses at Valley.
Put the bigger, stronger kids on the line. Use the freshmen skill players in the skill positions. Put kids where they most benefit the team. Do not practice in the heat of the day. Get a better conditioning coach. Although, I don’t think they currently have one. Hire a new coaching staff.
All of this has been offered as a solution crappy.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

South Webster will once again finish the season unbeaten

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

I have a son on the 3/4 grade Riders and every kid is from ND and about every kid is a 3rd grader. Can’t speak for the 5/6 grade team though.
And I don’t care what school it is, you have the name game being played at every school! A guy joins the coaching staff and now his son is a football stud and starter over other older and/or better kids. That is the truth no matter what the name of the school is. But that’s the way it is in high school sports now. Nothing no one can do about so why continue to poke a dead horse? You are not gonna change it by changing coaching staff! Get a new staff and get same results! ND lost SOC last year not because of coaching because they didn’t take care of the ball. Lost last week because they didn’t take care of the ball and that other D4 school wore ND out in the second half not because ND wasn’t conditioned but they were huge and had plenty of numbers to sub to keep guys fresh… Now that ND starts playing D6 and D7 schools you will see them compete well. So continue to hate all you want but nothing anyone will do to stop it. If you want ND to do well then support the kids and if you don’t then that’s fine too!

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

Leviticus wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:16 pm
RelaxGoat wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:11 pm
Leviticus wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:34 pm

🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯
Are you the coach that was head butted?
I am not a coach, you could not pay me enough money to be a coach.
So you have a kid on the team? You have some really detailed information. It is almost like you have been in the huddle.

Leviticus
Riding the Bench

Post by Leviticus »

RelaxGoat wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:38 am
RelaxGoat wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:11 pm

Are you the coach that was head butted?
So you have a kid on the team? You have some really detailed information. It is almost like you have been in the huddle.
Nah, good friend has son on team. We talk football a lot. Got on maxpreps and got height and weight of Oline.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

Leviticus wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:50 am

Nah, good friend has son on team. We talk football a lot. Got on maxpreps and got height and weight of Oline.
Who is the better QB ? Webb or Cassidy?

Leviticus
Riding the Bench

Post by Leviticus »

RelaxGoat wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:54 am

Hard for me to answer that right now. I don’t see them at practice. I’ve only seen Cassidy in the 2nd half last Friday. Based on that Cassidy looks to be the better athlete. More dangerous with his feet.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

Leviticus wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:13 am

Hard for me to answer that right now. I don’t see them at practice. I’ve only seen Cassidy in the 2nd half last Friday. Based on that Cassidy looks to be the better athlete. More dangerous with his feet.
I agree. Metzler would be better on the line because of his size. Hart taking his place in the backfield. Would you agree?

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Not a coaches son either!

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

RelaxGoat wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:17 am

I agree. Metzler would be better on the line because of his size. Hart taking his place in the backfield. Would you agree?
Use shepherd as a blocking back with Metzler leading the way.
Sound pretty good.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

RelaxGoat wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:21 am

Sound pretty good.
Rollout running plays for Cassidy with shepherd blocking begin metlzer’s blocks.. sound like some good yardage for Cassidy.
Sieson and Barbarits rotating.

Leviticus
Riding the Bench

Post by Leviticus »

Sound pretty good.
I would keep Metzler at wing, he does good there. Just because he is big doesn’t mean he should be on the line. He is a good athlete and needs to get the ball. It would be wasting his athleticism putting him on the line. He doesn’t seem like the hard nosed gritty kid to be on the line. Just because Shepherd is smaller doesn’t mean he has the ability to play a skilled position (not saying that he doesn’t). He seems like the hard nosed gritty type to hit someone and block.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

Leviticus wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:36 am

Sound pretty good.
I would keep Metzler at wing, he does good there. Just because he is big doesn’t mean he should be on the line. He is a good athlete and needs to get the ball. It would be wasting his athleticism putting him on the line. He doesn’t seem like the hard nosed gritty kid to be on the line. Just because Shepherd is smaller doesn’t mean he has the ability to play a skilled position (not saying that he doesn’t). He seems like the hard nosed gritty type to hit someone and block.
Metzler lined up against people his size makes sense. Shepherd played running back in Junior High. He would be picking up backs his size which makes more sense. Seison, Hart and Barbarits are plenty athletic enough to play wing. More pass protection for Cassidy to hit Sparks and Campbell as well. Webb just focuses on safety since he is injury prone.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

Well Sparkes is strong tackle, pass protection is not that bad. Line play has not been bad either. Hart gained over 200 yards last week so line is doing their job. ND threw a interception deep in CIncinnati Hills territory, Fumbled deep in their territory and then a bogus illegal lineman downfield on a touchdown pass called back.. so the offense is rolling if ND can take care of the ball, which is the same discussion we were having last year… This years problem is the defense period!!! It’s weak so far!! Offense will be fine all year!

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

BillyBob21 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:29 pm Well Sparkes is strong tackle, pass protection is not that bad. Line play has not been bad either. Hart gained over 200 yards last week so line is doing their job. ND threw a interception deep in CIncinnati Hills territory, Fumbled deep in their territory and then a bogus illegal lineman downfield on a touchdown pass called back.. so the offense is rolling if ND can take care of the ball, which is the same discussion we were having last year… This years problem is the defense period!!! It’s weak so far!! Offense will be fine all year!
Yeah, few tweaks with Metzler on the line and Shepherd as the blocking back would help late in the game. Webb focusing on defense would help. Talent is there, but as always, coaching lacks.
Pressure up front on defense needs to happen.

Return to “Football”