West Jefferson 49 Paint Valley 34 2022

bucknuts09
Freshman Team

West Jefferson 49 Paint Valley 34 2022

Post by bucknuts09 »

Can PV get redemption from last year? Can they match the physicality play of West Jeff.?

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Week 2: West Jeff. (0-1) @ Paint Valley (1-0)

Post by greygoose »

PV really racked up the offensive yards Blanchester and they seem to be able to run it or pass it this year, going with PV to keep rolling in this one and get a little payback. Not sure what all West Jeff graduated but they're one of those teams that just stay consistent year in and year out. PV takes this one at home

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

West Jeff

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

West Jeff lost to a really bad Urbana team. They are not the same team as last year not even close.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I won't say Urbana will be bad again but their win over WJ was an eye opener. If WJ is down I am still betting this game will be a tough one, for both teams. Good luck Bearcats last year means nothing it is all about 2022.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

I believe I read on another forum that West Jeff graduated nearly 20 kids last year, that’s huge for D VI. I like the bearcats here

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:34 am I believe I read on another forum that West Jeff graduated nearly 20 kids last year, that’s huge for D VI. I like the bearcats here
I think it was 24. The Qb and Wr they lost were studs.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:03 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:34 am I believe I read on another forum that West Jeff graduated nearly 20 kids last year, that’s huge for D VI. I like the bearcats here
I think it was 24. The Qb and Wr they lost were studs.
I understand and respect the program that WJ has built but losing that many kids at any school is tough, especially those positions. But they play the games for a reason

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Not saying this is accurate for this year just giving some context. Top d 6 schools like coldwater exc. graduate 20 plus every year. West Jeff like mech. Burg are a mid tier small school, by that I mean they will lose to the top teams sometimes bad sometimes it’s a competitive loss. The svc small schools I would t even put on a state radar. Again I am not disrespecting any team just look at past results. Look at adena, best ever team Zane trace best ever team, paint valley best teams. They get beat by what I would say mid tier teams bad. Now does this mean anything for this season, no but my point is west Jeff losing 20 kids means nothing. Can paint valley win, of course they can playing at home helps and west Jeff lost some all state guys. Me personally I can’t pick them over a team like west Jeff, but I said the same few years ago when paint valley was in a similar situation against Newark catholic and pv won. It is a real possibility, but I wouldn’t pick them.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The Urbana loss surprised me so I’ll go with Paint Valley in this one.

Pop-PopFB70
Waterboy

Post by Pop-PopFB70 »

Paint Valley has some of the best skill guys in Southern Ohio... losing Cole Miller for the year is devastating to the secondary though. West Jefferson's Air attack will look to take advantage of some younger DB'S thrown into the fire. Not sure about Henderson's status on both sides of the ball in the trenches... losing a 6'6" 290 lb kid that moves like him is tough to overcome. But with Cooper at quarterback, Robertson and Dom in the backfield and their receiving core (that Free kid coming out of nowhere) I think their offense is darn near unstoppable if their O-line blocks like they're capable... they are BIG. Depth is always an issue at small schools (PV being the smallest in the SVC) but I think Paint Valley wins by two touchdowns. 35-21 PV... too much PV offense and West Jefferson lost like 20 seniors from last year.

DJT47
Riding the Bench

Post by DJT47 »

PV wins this game easier than one might think

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

DJT47 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:34 am PV wins this game easier than one might think

I think so too, will raise a lot of eyebrows and show that the bearcats are ready to make a run this year

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Pop-PopFB70 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:35 pm Paint Valley has some of the best skill guys in Southern Ohio... losing Cole Miller for the year is devastating to the secondary though. West Jefferson's Air attack will look to take advantage of some younger DB'S thrown into the fire. Not sure about Henderson's status on both sides of the ball in the trenches... losing a 6'6" 290 lb kid that moves like him is tough to overcome. But with Cooper at quarterback, Robertson and Dom in the backfield and their receiving core (that Free kid coming out of nowhere) I think their offense is darn near unstoppable if their O-line blocks like they're capable... they are BIG. Depth is always an issue at small schools (PV being the smallest in the SVC) but I think Paint Valley wins by two touchdowns. 35-21 PV... too much PV offense and West Jefferson lost like 20 seniors from last year.
What happened to Cole Miller? I also think PV takes this one by a score or two.

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Post by Bumpy »

Cole broke his foot in our first scrimmage, hate that for him. Senior season and he was going to be our deep WR threat and lockdown corner on D.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Bumpy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:15 pm Cole broke his foot in our first scrimmage, hate that for him. Senior season and he was going to be our deep WR threat and lockdown corner on D.
Hate to hear that, especially his senior year! Hope
He heals up fast.

Pop-PopFB70
Waterboy

Post by Pop-PopFB70 »

Svcguru wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:54 pm
Pop-PopFB70 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:35 pm Paint Valley has some of the best skill guys in Southern Ohio... losing Cole Miller for the year is devastating to the secondary though. West Jefferson's Air attack will look to take advantage of some younger DB'S thrown into the fire. Not sure about Henderson's status on both sides of the ball in the trenches... losing a 6'6" 290 lb kid that moves like him is tough to overcome. But with Cooper at quarterback, Robertson and Dom in the backfield and their receiving core (that Free kid coming out of nowhere) I think their offense is darn near unstoppable if their O-line blocks like they're capable... they are BIG. Depth is always an issue at small schools (PV being the smallest in the SVC) but I think Paint Valley wins by two touchdowns. 35-21 PV... too much PV offense and West Jefferson lost like 20 seniors from last year.
He broke his foot in a scrimmage last week... He's out for the year. Should be okay by basketball season though. 🙏 PV has two lineman out this week too... not a good week to have three of your starters out.

Pop-PopFB70
Waterboy

Post by Pop-PopFB70 »

Svcguru wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:54 pm
He broke his foot in a scrimmage last week... He's out for the year. Should be okay by basketball season though. 🙏 PV has two lineman out this week too... not a good week to have three of your starters out.
Svcguru wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:32 pm
Bumpy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:15 pm Cole broke his foot in our first scrimmage, hate that for him. Senior season and he was going to be our deep WR threat and lockdown corner on D.
Hate to hear that, especially his senior year! Hope
He heals up fast.
Yeah... Great kid too. He's a physical freak... one of the top all-around athletes in the state.

ManInBlack
Riding the Bench

Post by ManInBlack »

Any chance of this game being streamed on svc network?

ManInBlack
Riding the Bench

Post by ManInBlack »

Cats need to win this game and make a statement. West Jeff might not be anywhere like they were a season ago, but they are a pretty good program. They will be prepared for the cats. Paint Valley will be prepared to get some payback. Should be a battle. Cats by 3

Return to “Football”