Re: GALLIA ACADEMY vs ATHENS WEEK 2

Post by Run baby run »

Gallia by 21

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:30 am
itsme wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:50 am Meigs was bad all-around Friday. They might have some size, but very sloooooooooooooow.
Meigs players aren't slow, they have tons of speed but their head coach is Sloooooooooooow if you understand what i'm saying. You Can't hand the ball off straight up the middle to an 130 pound running back who runs a 4.5 40 yard dash fifty times a game, He's gotta learn to air the ball out and trust his quarter back/receivers. You also can't change the corner backs and safeties assignments every 5 seconds of the game causing them to get confused.

yes gallia ran the ball well but anyone who watched the game can say that meigs corners were getting crossed all night long which is what killed the marauders, meigs straight up needs a new head coach as simple as that, anyone who has been watching since tennant took the helm can tell you that.
Sure, look slooooooooooooow to me

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Athens will score a little bit in this one but I think they lose 48-21

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

Go Blue Devils!

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Gallia did a much better job of not being drawn into the dead ball penalties last week. Had our share of points taken off the board but they weren’t emotion based penalties or senseless penalties. The one we had was from the most unusual suspect and prob won’t happen again. Knock ‘em in the head early so we can develop more depth. Guessing GA by 21.

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

No news is good news. Hope all is healthy and ready for Friday

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Two former SEOAL members...hard to pick here. Have a safe and uninjured game.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Don’t really know much about either team but I’m a fan of coach carter off the field so I’ll have to go with gallia

IrontonTigers#1
Freshman Team

Post by IrontonTigers#1 »

42-14 Gallia Academy

GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, HOOK'EM HORNS, HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS
GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

1 more day till GAMEDAY. Go Blue Devils!

MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

GalliaTribe wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:42 am 1 more day till GAMEDAY. Go Blue Devils!
Yes sir. Another great evening for Blue Devil football. I look for the Devils to have another 300 yards on the ground tomorrow night.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Geronimo wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:56 am Athens is a year away.
Athens has been a year away ever since Joe Burrow & friends graduated.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Burrow type don't come around very often in southeastern Ohio !!!

AHS_Stephens
JV Team

Post by AHS_Stephens »

From an Athens point of view....

Series History - Gallia leads 48-47-3 which started in 1915. (This is meeting 99)

Athens is improved team from a year ago and their offense is capable of scoring and moving the ball down the field, but there was still a lot of work to be done on the defence side of the ball for the bulldogs. One of the things that I believe will help Athens this week is that Gallia isn't as big and physical as the guys they were facing at Philo. I also belive that Gallia hasn't been tested yet as Meigs seems like they dropped to the bottom of the TVC in their performance vs Gallia.

I feel that Athens needs a few more players to rise up on the defenses side of the ball and make the plays in order to allow the offense to make the plays and scores to stay in games.

I feel like Gallia going to take this one but Bulldogs are going to score a couple of times.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck Blue Devils!!

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Good luck to the dogs!

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Didn’t realize the series was that close overall. Good stuff. Cloudy here. If we get some rain this game could be closer than expected. Dry track I’ll say gallia by 24+. Our tackling last week was best we have seen in week one for several years. Tackling thru the legs of ball carriers and playing with leverage. Hope to see that continue. Can’t afford 2-3 face mask penalties per game. Plus the ball carriers running thru arm tackles, ie Hall from CG last year.

AHS_Stephens
JV Team

Post by AHS_Stephens »

Final:
Athens 15
Gallia Academy 38

Game was competive for the first half but 3 stright scoring by gallia blew it open to a running clock at 5:11 in 4th Quarter. Athens did stop gallia on 4 stright 2 pt conversions attemps and shown what the talk was this offeseson that they were an improved team which is still improving.

Athens will host Marietta next week in their home opener... a very winnerable game if the bulldogs played like they did tonight.

Game started will Gallia get an Administrative Delay of Game penaly for a long team introductions. Clock hit 0:00 and team intro was still going on.

BDS
Waterboy

Post by BDS »

AHS_Stephens wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:38 pm Final:
Athens 15
Gallia Academy 38

Game was competive for the first half but 3 stright scoring by gallia blew it open to a running clock at 5:11 in 4th Quarter. Athens did stop gallia on 4 stright 2 pt conversions attemps and shown what the talk was this offeseson that they were an improved team which is still improving.

Athens will host Marietta next week in their home opener... a very winnerable game if the bulldogs played like they did tonight.

Game started will Gallia get an Administrative Delay of Game penaly for a long team introductions. Clock hit 0:00 and team intro was still going on.
Gallia was penalized for delay of game, kicked off from 5 yards farther back than normal

Return to “Football”