WK 7 Jackson (5-1, 2-1) @ Ironton (3-3, 1-2)

converterfan
Freshman Team

Re: WK 7 Jackson (5-1, 2-1) @ Ironton (3-3, 1-2)

Post by converterfan »

tommygnosis wrote:jackson 42, ironton 6

:aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24

4theKids
Freshman Team

Post by 4theKids »

ironman02,
I noticed on Gridiron Glory that Huff only carried the ball one time. Did he get injured? I hope not, his older brother had trouble with concussions and I sure hope that is not the case with Cody.

Army,
I played for Waverly years ago when everyone played more local and traveled on roads that were easily accessible. Anything over an hour was never travelled unless it was on a Saturday. Jackson has played Marietta, Warren and Logan 1-2 nights per week, for years and it seemed that Jackson was the only one that travelled through the week. When Marietta or Warren travelled to Jackson -it was either a Friday or Saturday.
I know because we coached softball and made at least two long trips through the week. I was always concerned with travel and academics, yet nothing was ever changed. And this was not football, where there is only one game per week. Heck a few weeks we played every night and sometimes up to 7 games a week (rainouts...reschedules...)

As for the no vote from Jackson. I remember the time where all of this was going on and the administration was only concerned with staying power, hours kids would be on the road (more for other sports- not football) and travel expenses. Seems all are now a problem.

I don't think Size has anything to do with anything. It is school tradition, the sport the school is known for and the confidence the kids have against certain competition. Jackson always has trouble with Gallia, Gallia always has trouble with Ironton..........etc.. Just my observations...lol

I just have to throw this out there. The only time Ironton played Jackson before the NEW league was when my son, Jared was a jr hi player. I think it was the 7th grade year. We beat Ironton by 6 scores and then Ironton dropped us the next year and would not schedule with that class again, but ..........as soon as Jared's class graduated, Ironton was back on the schedule.... :?
Don't know why or don't want to speculate, I just wished that Ironton would have remained on the schedule all through their high school years. Good competition and good challlenges are always a plus in developing better teams.

Oh well, water under the bridge...............sounds like Ironton took out a can of whoop @ss, I will have to get a copy of the game. If Huffy went out early, I bet the wind was taken out of the sails for the Ironmen- and stunned the team early. Losing the big play maker- that Huffy is- had to be hard on the team's spirit.

Congrats to Ironton
Ironmen keep your heads up.........as is said quite a bit on the Gridiron......... any given Friday.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

4theKids,

You have a PM.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Cody Huff only had one carry, for 24 yards, on the first play. Was injured and did not return.

Status for next week unknown right now, but his injury and playing status will be my first question to Coach Wolford come our weekly interview this week.

TigerTooth
Waterboy

Post by TigerTooth »

Let’s see what QB #2 has!!!!!

Thanos
Freshman Team

Post by Thanos »

1600 watching the stream right now. Incredible!

Return to “Football”