Riding the Bench

Berne Union 26 Notre Dame 14 2022

Post by Leviticus »

What’s your thoughts?

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: WEEK 2 - ND @ Berne Union

Post by greygoose »

Berne Union lost a lot from one of the best teams they've ever had. Coal Grove really took it to BU, and I think ND will have that same ability to run on these guys. I like ND in this one.

sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

Depends on the health of Webb and Metzler

sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

Did Seison not get a carry or pass thrown to him last week? Didn’t see him in any stats. Need to get this kid some touches

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

sportsfan2244 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:02 pm Did Seison not get a carry or pass thrown to him last week? Didn’t see him in any stats. Need to get this kid some touches
Don't think he played.

Leviticus
Riding the Bench

Post by Leviticus »

BigBlueNation wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:48 pm
sportsfan2244 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:02 pm Did Seison not get a carry or pass thrown to him last week? Didn’t see him in any stats. Need to get this kid some touches
Don't think he played.
He did not play week 1, he will be back Friday

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

Leviticus wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:51 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:48 pm
Don't think he played.
He did not play week 1, he will be back Friday
He was suspended.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

A discipline problem player that was finally disciplined. Too bad though. He can play.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

He’s the most athletic player on that team. Sadly, he will only touch the ball 4-5 times per game!

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

Senior and he will have limited touches if feature back and relative Metzler is back. No offense to the Metzler kid. He can play.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

Metzler out for a few weeks. Webb is still questionable I think. If Webb can’t go, Cassidy a freshman will fill in at QB. He is inexperienced but the kid is an athlete. With Seison back this week the Titans should pull win.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

BillyBob21 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:34 pm Metzler out for a few weeks. Webb is still questionable I think. If Webb can’t go, Cassidy a freshman will fill in at QB. He is inexperienced but the kid is an athlete. With Seison back this week the Titans should pull win.
Hopefully, they have gotten some reps in before this week, but that isn’t normally the case for the staff. Cassidy is a player for sure. He could possibly win this spot. Hart can play. ND should win, but we will see.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

RelaxGoat wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:12 pm
BillyBob21 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:34 pm Metzler out for a few weeks. Webb is still questionable I think. If Webb can’t go, Cassidy a freshman will fill in at QB. He is inexperienced but the kid is an athlete. With Seison back this week the Titans should pull win.
Hopefully, they have gotten some reps in before this week, but that isn’t normally the case for the staff. Cassidy is a player for sure. He could possibly win this spot. Hart can play. ND should win, but we will see.
Offense should be fine and put up a lot of points. Defense very questionable. Interior defensive line bad, defensive ends not done much yet, line backers decent, corners have speed and can cover. Still early season so we will see if they get better or changes made.

Leviticus
Riding the Bench

Post by Leviticus »

BillyBob21 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:36 pm
Offense should be fine and put up a lot of points. Defense very questionable. Interior defensive line bad, defensive ends not done much yet, line backers decent, corners have speed and can cover. Still early season so we will see if they get better or changes made.
I think the DTs and DEs are better than you think. CHCA O-line was very good. You should see them do better against D6/D7 schools. Also the defense had 8 1st year varsity guys after Webb & Metzler went out.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

Leviticus wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:04 am
BillyBob21 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:36 pm

I think the DTs and DEs are better than you think. CHCA O-line was very good. You should see them do better against D6/D7 schools. Also the defense had 8 1st year varsity guys after Webb & Metzler went out.
Ashes moves them around every week. The lines on both sides of the ball are usually weak. I wouldn’t blame the kids though. One day they might play linebacker, and then next week they could be playing safety. If the players look lost or out of position, that is why.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

The offensive line is getting good push, pass blocking is improvising. Hart had over 200 yards rushing so if the line is not blocking then he is not gaining yards. Line is getting it done.
Defense Ends are returning starting seniors. Campbell is a stud and Sparkes is kind of soft but they both do a good job. D tackles neither starters this year played a down of defense last year but now they are better than kids that played in every game last year.
Come on! These tackles are not better than I think they are! They get blown down field 5 to 10 yards or pancaked on 90% of the plays with no double team. The quarterback can throw all day against NDs defense or run up the middle… Other than stiffening up the defensive tackles, all the need is a kicking game which they had until Metzler went down cause that kid has a boot too!

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

Billybob21 is laying the truth down. What do you think about moving Metzler to the line and Shepherd being a blocking fullback? I Metzler is out. Hart can fill that void. Hart could win that spot if Metzler is out for a few weeks. Webb could take Shepherd’s spot on the line now.

sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

Now we know who you are!

SugarGroove
Waterboy

Post by SugarGroove »

Good comeback win for the Rockets. Defense played well last night

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

sportsfan2244 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:58 pm Now we know who you are!
Wow! That wasn’t a good showing. Any injuries?

Return to “Football”