Sheridan 28 - 7 Logan 2022

mattash
Site Admin

Sheridan 28 - 7 Logan 2022

Post by mattash »

Thoughts? Logan played good last week, can they put it together for an upset? Miss all my Logan posters.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Thanos
Freshman Team

Re: WK3 Logan @ Sheridan

Post by Thanos »

Logan defense played a great game. Seems the offense and the wing t doesn’t sit well with the Logan players. Defense keeps them in the game, but the offense can not seem to put drives together. Insanity, because it has been that same story since Eddy got to Logan. Logan gets some turnovers in short field next week and win 20-10.

Maga2022
Waterboy

Post by Maga2022 »

I watched the Sheridan Licking Valley game. They use 2 Qb system. The one that starts is pretty good but I guess he is needed on defense so other qb plays a lot. Not one of Sheridan better teams but an average team. No real standout or difference maker but some good athletes. Big test for Logan.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Sheridan by a couple scores.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Thanos wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:50 pm Logan defense played a great game. Seems the offense and the wing t doesn’t sit well with the Logan players. Defense keeps them in the game, but the offense can not seem to put drives together. Insanity, because it has been that same story since Eddy got to Logan. Logan gets some turnovers in short field next week and win 20-10.
I agree here.

The offense needs a new life. Defense is out there too long.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Thanos
Freshman Team

Post by Thanos »

noreply66 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:00 am
Thanos wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:50 pm Logan defense played a great game. Seems the offense and the wing t doesn’t sit well with the Logan players. Defense keeps them in the game, but the offense can not seem to put drives together. Insanity, because it has been that same story since Eddy got to Logan. Logan gets some turnovers in short field next week and win 20-10.
I agree here.

The offense needs a new life. Defense is out there too long.
Sad part it will be the same ole same ole. Eddy first two years his playbook seemed to fit well. Not quite sure we chose to switch to this version of the wing t.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Sheridan.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Wish the chiefs nothing but the best. Talk task heading to Sheridan and win. You guys are playing the right people in a league. Those are good ingredients to have to work and build with.

Good luck

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Hats off to Logan's staff and getting the kids ready to play last Friday after a tough week 1 result. They played much better all the way around. Logan was only outgained on offense by like 60 yards and minus the key turnovers late; had a chance to win the game with a late drive. Logan had more yards on the ground than TV and had 10 less offensive plays. TV outgained Logan thru the air and that was the difference in total yards for the game. TV Coach even admitted that Logan's offense is very hard to prepare for and they tried last week in practice but they couldnt simulate it at all. Take away sacks and Logan had almost 200 rushing yards against a solid D.
Sheridan will mix the run and the pass and if Logan gave up almost 200 yds thru the air last week they need to be ready this week as Packer for Sheridan threw for 192 yards last week. The Generals D did give up alot of rushing yards so Logan could have some success this week with the ground and pound. Interesting match up and alot like TV in my opinion but we seem to always have a tough time over there so we will need to make plays on defense this week and defend the pass better.

Live Like A Champion!
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Wait, what exactly is the difference between TV and Logan’s offenses? I haven’t seen Logan play in years but aren’t they Delaware Wing-T? Which is what TV does?

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:12 am Wait, what exactly is the difference between TV and Logan’s offenses? I haven’t seen Logan play in years but aren’t they Delaware Wing-T? Which is what TV does?
TV hasn't run the wing-t for a while.

Since Weber took over they have been power run out of I, spread, and the last two years wishbone sets.

The last three years they've used their spread sets a lot more liberally. I think they're going to move to more pass heavy spread as they have a freshman QB they really like (he played two series on Friday) and a freshman WR starting for them. They have a junior receiver who has 20 receptions for over 300 yards in two games this fall.

Logan is running the wing-t - but I'm not sure they'd consider it the Delaware wing-t. They don't use buck sweep being the biggest divergence. They're much more of a Jet series team.

Logan also doesn't "feature" the fullback out of their version of the wing-t - it's a much more outside run heavy version of the offense. They've only used a couple of "series" but have more additional stuff installed but haven't used up to this point.

They switched O coordinators/play calls between last season and this so still trying to see what ends up changing over the two seasons for LHS.
Last edited by loganlocos on Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Logangrad wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:09 am Hats off to Logan's staff and getting the kids ready to play last Friday after a tough week 1 result. They played much better all the way around. Logan was only outgained on offense by like 60 yards and minus the key turnovers late; had a chance to win the game with a late drive. Logan had more yards on the ground than TV and had 10 less offensive plays. TV outgained Logan thru the air and that was the difference in total yards for the game. TV Coach even admitted that Logan's offense is very hard to prepare for and they tried last week in practice but they couldnt simulate it at all. Take away sacks and Logan had almost 200 rushing yards against a solid D.
Sheridan will mix the run and the pass and if Logan gave up almost 200 yds thru the air last week they need to be ready this week as Packer for Sheridan threw for 192 yards last week. The Generals D did give up alot of rushing yards so Logan could have some success this week with the ground and pound. Interesting match up and alot like TV in my opinion but we seem to always have a tough time over there so we will need to make plays on defense this week and defend the pass better.
Good summary. Sheridan is super diverse on offense - it all goes through the QB though IMO. Even though they play two.

Lots of read, some RPO, power run behind pullers. They have super wide splits - receivers spread from number to number so you have to defend the whole field. They do a good job of putting you in "conflict" and getting their players into space.

Always disciplined and so well coached.

Sheridan D uses a 3-3 stack which poses some tough problems for offenses and blocking schemes. #14 is a game wrecker from his safety spot.

The Generals will test Logan's secondary that has played well IMO so far this season.

Offense needs to find some answers in the redzone - off the top of my head I have them 1-6 in the redzone this season and with no kicker they need to convert for TDs there. And they have been abysmal on 3rd and 4th down, esp. last week. Usually that means you're not doing enough on 1st and 2nd down.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

loganlocos wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:05 am
Logangrad wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:09 am Hats off to Logan's staff and getting the kids ready to play last Friday after a tough week 1 result. They played much better all the way around. Logan was only outgained on offense by like 60 yards and minus the key turnovers late; had a chance to win the game with a late drive. Logan had more yards on the ground than TV and had 10 less offensive plays. TV outgained Logan thru the air and that was the difference in total yards for the game. TV Coach even admitted that Logan's offense is very hard to prepare for and they tried last week in practice but they couldnt simulate it at all. Take away sacks and Logan had almost 200 rushing yards against a solid D.
Good summary. Sheridan is super diverse on offense - it all goes through the QB though IMO. Even though they play two.

Lots of read, some RPO, power run behind pullers. They have super wide splits - receivers spread from number to number so you have to defend the whole field. They do a good job of putting you in "conflict" and getting their players into space.

Always disciplined and so well coached.

Sheridan D uses a 3-3 stack which poses some tough problems for offenses and blocking schemes. #14 is a game wrecker from his safety spot.

The Generals will test Logan's secondary that has played well IMO so far this season.

Offense needs to find some answers in the redzone - off the top of my head I have them 1-6 in the redzone this season and with no kicker they need to convert for TDs there. And they have been abysmal on 3rd and 4th down, esp. last week. Usually that means you're not doing enough on 1st and 2nd down.
Reading more on Sheridan I see they rely heavily on the RPO and they do have a solid QB and good RB. discipline will be the word of the week I think with everyone needing to stay home and make plays. Dont give up the big play!

Live Like A Champion!
LeftHandedCoach
Waterboy

Post by LeftHandedCoach »

Sheridan wins.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Good luck to the Chiefs tonight. Any live streams on this one?

Maga2022
Waterboy

Post by Maga2022 »

Doubt there is any live stream coming from the cornfields.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

7/7 at the half

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

14/07 SH