JV Scores 2022

247sports
Waterboy

JV Scores 2022

Post by 247sports »

Does anyone have any updates on JV scores?

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Re: JV TEAMS

Post by Tigernation2021 »

I'll be honest I feel like most in that JV scores really mean nothing; some teams have freshman and sophomores playing varsity. A lot of teams don't have enough for a freshman team and those are the kid's playing JV against teams with Juniors on it. Waverly lost 28-20 to Piketon Saturday morning but we're playing a QB who hasn't played the position since pee wee which is why I just don't put that much stock into these scores.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Only one I know of is Ironton over Burg 14-0.

Better question might be what area schools are actually fielding JV teams this year?*

Rolltanks
All Conference

Re: JV Scores 2022

Post by Rolltanks »

Unioto 24-6 vs vc
26-0 vs Amanda

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Burg @ Coal Grove this evening…

247sports
Waterboy

Post by 247sports »

Thanks for the input. In the Athens Co area I’ve heard that Eastern, NY, Athens, and Trimble have some JV games scheduled.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Rock Hill 14 Symmes Valley 12
Ironton 7 Jackson 0

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Easyrider
Waterboy

Post by Easyrider »

Meigs 30 - Alexander 19

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Northwest has wins over Southeastern and Huntington Ross. Not sure of scores both games they won comfortably.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

ND 40 - Green 14 tonight 8/29

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Ironton 7
Jackson 0

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

8/29

Peake 14
Minford 12

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:31 am I'll be honest I feel like most in that JV scores really mean nothing; some teams have freshman and sophomores playing varsity. A lot of teams don't have enough for a freshman team and those are the kid's playing JV against teams with Juniors on it. Waverly lost 28-20 to Piketon Saturday morning but we're playing a QB who hasn't played the position since pee wee which is why I just don't put that much stock into these scores.

All about the kids gettin reps... you all may need that peewee qb to step in an win a game... nothing can replace game experience. The lack of jv/freshman games, combined with the running clock rules, have hurt the development of players.. I know nobody wants to get blown out..an most of the time it's uncomfortable for the winning team/coach.. but there's value in the minutes the kids are missing out on. Any respectable coach will call off the dawgs..get the next tier of kids some reps.. the game slows down an maybe the losing team can then play a more competitive quarter or 2... developing these kids into better players an better men is the objective.. an gettin reps, as many as possible, is the way to achieve this.. learning how to win and how to lose.....

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Rza1 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:48 am
Tigernation2021 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:31 am I'll be honest I feel like most in that JV scores really mean nothing; some teams have freshman and sophomores playing varsity. A lot of teams don't have enough for a freshman team and those are the kid's playing JV against teams with Juniors on it. Waverly lost 28-20 to Piketon Saturday morning but we're playing a QB who hasn't played the position since pee wee which is why I just don't put that much stock into these scores.

All about the kids gettin reps... you all may need that peewee qb to step in an win a game... nothing can replace game experience. The lack of jv/freshman games, combined with the running clock rules, have hurt the development of players.. I know nobody wants to get blown out..an most of the time it's uncomfortable for the winning team/coach.. but there's value in the minutes the kids are missing out on. Any respectable coach will call off the dawgs..get the next tier of kids some reps.. the game slows down an maybe the losing team can then play a more competitive quarter or 2... developing these kids into better players an better men is the objective.. an gettin reps, as many as possible, is the way to achieve this.. learning how to win and how to lose.....
That's a spot-on post which is why to many people put stock in these JV scores, JV games are basically developmental games for the program's future.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

Rza1 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:48 am

You are exactly correct!

WWE HALL OF FAME
247sports
Waterboy

Post by 247sports »

I like the dialogue. Makes sense. It sounds like if Fed Hock could have fielded a JV team then they would have at least been able to compete on that level. There were a bunch of Freshman that decided not to play because they knew they would be playing both sides of the ball and just didn’t have enough back up in upperclassman. The Varsity schedule was set last Fall for this season. JV is definitely a great option for teams with young players.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Burg 46 coal grove 0

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”