Meigs 50 Belpre 0 2022

boss8
JV Team

Re: Week 2: Meigs @ Belpre

Post by boss8 »

BJCassady wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:57 pm Meigs will be heavily favored against Belpre. However, our boys will show up and give it their best shot as they did vs Warren and I plan on being there to root them on.

Good luck and good health to both teams.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!
Belpre’s kids will show up and play hard, I have no doubt. Unfortunately, they have been set up to fail by a coach who has not taught them basic fundamentals. I’ve never seen a high school varsity team less prepared for a game than Belpre was last week. Jr. High teams have better technique than they do….and it’s not the kids’ fault, at all. Coach Bell and whoever is left on his staff either A) don’t know enough to be able to teach these kids how to play, or B) don’t care enough to take the time to properly teach them.

Not sure which one is worse.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

boss8 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:40 am
BJCassady wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:57 pm Meigs will be heavily favored against Belpre. However, our boys will show up and give it their best shot as they did vs Warren and I plan on being there to root them on.

Good luck and good health to both teams.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!
Belpre’s kids will show up and play hard, I have no doubt. Unfortunately, they have been set up to fail by a coach who has not taught them basic fundamentals. I’ve never seen a high school varsity team less prepared for a game than Belpre was last week. Jr. High teams have better technique than they do….and it’s not the kids’ fault, at all. Coach Bell and whoever is left on his staff either A) don’t know enough to be able to teach these kids how to play, or B) don’t care enough to take the time to properly teach them.

Not sure which one is worse.
And yet the brought him back for another year because they think he can help pass the levy. :(

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

Meigs 50
Belpre 0

Very proud of the boys in orange and black tonight. They played hard the entire game. Had a chance to score late in the game but it didn't work out for them.

Still have 14 players. Now that school has started, I was hoping for a couple of more for some added depth. Looks like there might be enough players, just barely, for a junior high team this year. Getting the junior high program back up and running is the first step to turning the program around.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Will Belpre even score this year? So sad and embarassing for the kids.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

My Marauders got the win, but i gotta give the belpre team a ton of credit, they played hard the whole game never stopping. They were getting run and thrown all over on defense and crushed play after play on offense but belpre kept jumping right back up and rushing to the huddle for the next play. Those kids wear their heart on their sleeve

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:19 am My Marauders got the win, but i gotta give the belpre team a ton of credit, they played hard the whole game never stopping. They were getting run and thrown all over on defense and crushed play after play on offense but belpre kept jumping right back up and rushing to the huddle for the next play. Those kids wear their heart on their sleeve
They deserve a real coach who will actually teach them how to play football. Players have heart, no doubt.

Tiger73
Freshman Team

Post by Tiger73 »

Parents are not the problem, kids are not, teachers are not, Big M and Bell are responsible. Those two are ruining a great great experience for hs athletes. But Big M runs it all, so no hope for change.

BDS
Waterboy

Post by BDS »

Belpre would have won but they got screwed over because Meigs had more talent and depth. Not nice. I know because I have read posts from a guy who was D1

itsme
Varsity

Re: Meigs 50 Belpre 0 2022

Post by itsme »

I thought the last touchdown was lack of class by Meigs

Unckle Ralph
Waterboy

Post by Unckle Ralph »

Belpre administrators tried for a home run when they hire the current football coach but unfortunately they ended up with an infield fly, runners advance at your own risk.
Pass the levy, put focus on building an athletic program and help give the Belpre athletes and students the best thing they could ever have and that’s a quality education. Other programs at the high school do well with the same student athletes.
Keep fighting EAGLES!!!!

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

itsme wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:10 pm I thought the last touchdown was lack of class by Meigs
It was the jv that scored it, it’s better than the 81 they scored last year

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:14 pm
itsme wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:10 pm I thought the last touchdown was lack of class by Meigs
Less than 2 minutes to go up 44-0 Take a knee

Tiger73
Freshman Team

Post by Tiger73 »

Everyone loves the Fabulous Fourteen and respects them…everyone knows BOTTOMDWELLER BELL. He could win if kids were attracted to him and if he would work hard. He is spending too much time with Big M…a purebred shelf stacker but school board king.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

itsme wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:21 pm
I would say take a knee on the extra point. That way you show you are really trying to keep the score down. But 44 points is not running the score up by any means IMHO.

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

We finally unleashed the monsters that we built in the weight room and we had fun with it. We could have scored 100 if we wanted. But their coach was D1 to so we didn't want to score to much on them. I hope they keep him there because he's a good coach. They were just outmanned in this one. But he'll get it turned around just like we have if they give him time.

I know, I was D1 fellas
Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

*D1* wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:36 pm We finally unleashed the monsters that we built in the weight room and we had fun with it. We could have scored 100 if we wanted. But their coach was D1 to so we didn't want to score to much on them. I hope they keep him there because he's a good coach. They were just outmanned in this one. But he'll get it turned around just like we have if they give him time.
you coach are nothing but a JOKE!

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:28 pm
*D1* wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:36 pm We finally unleashed the monsters that we built in the weight room and we had fun with it. We could have scored 100 if we wanted. But their coach was D1 to so we didn't want to score to much on them. I hope they keep him there because he's a good coach. They were just outmanned in this one. But he'll get it turned around just like we have if they give him time.
you coach are nothing but a JOKE!
All Joke's aside, Meigs could have won this one without a coach. Belpre might just be the worst team in the state. We'll find out in a few weeks when they play South Gallia but SG will probably beat them. Belpre needed FH to maintain a team in order to not be the worst in the area and probably the whole state. It's sad really with what Belpre football once was and now this. Major changes need to be made. I know people are calling for the Meigs coach's head, but at least Meigs beat Belpre.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Gray Cat wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:09 am

I would say take a knee on the extra point. That way you show you are really trying to keep the score down. But 44 points is not running the score up by any means IMHO.
they were up 44-0 and score with less than 2 minutes to go to make it 50-0

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Whoever is running this account is doing an awesome job. This stuff is hilarious.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

There was more then 5 minutes actually

Return to “Football”