Piketon 14 - 21 Valley 2022

Valley91
Waterboy

Re: WK3 Valley @ Piketon

Post by Valley91 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:40 am
Valley91 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:12 am
transplant wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:57 am Some also play basketball and soccer that he has nothing to do with. Don't start saying stuff that isn't true. Valley is a small school, the best athletes need to play any and all sports. If the same 6-7 athletes play all sports and are the best option for that sport, so be it. He is not taking care of certain kids so they will play baseball. I can think of only one kid that is playing this year, after only taking 1 year off.
But how can someone justify a certain player that started defense all of last year under Darren but doesn’t see the field except for kickoff return.

Who started all year last year that isn't getting on the field this year?
It was the sophomore that stepped in when edwards broke his collarbone in the second game of the year and started pretty much rest of season

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Not sure I have missed more than 5-6 Valley games in the last 30 years and I have no idea who we are talking about.

But if anyone thinks that Coach Crabtree is playing kids over other kids so he has them for baseball then that is laughable. The baseball program speaks for itself. They are loaded and anyone that can help the baseball team already plays baseball.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Me either, pretty sure any athlete that can help the team win, plays. Period.

Valley91
Waterboy

Post by Valley91 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:57 am Not sure I have missed more than 5-6 Valley games in the last 30 years and I have no idea who we are talking about.

But if anyone thinks that Coach Crabtree is playing kids over other kids so he has them for baseball then that is laughable. The baseball program speaks for itself. They are loaded and anyone that can help the baseball team already plays baseball.
transplant wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:48 am [quote=Valley91 post_id=2013214 time=<a href="tel:1661865164">1661865164</a> user_id=19519]
[quote=transplant post_id=2013211 time=<a href="tel:1661864253">1661864253</a> user_id=12956]
Some also play basketball and soccer that he has nothing to do with. Don't start saying stuff that isn't true. Valley is a small school, the best athletes need to play any and all sports. If the same 6-7 athletes play all sports and are the best option for that sport, so be it. He is not taking care of certain kids so they will play baseball. I can think of only one kid that is playing this year, after only taking 1 year off.
But how can someone justify a certain player that started defense all of last year under Darren but doesn’t see the field except for kickoff return.
[/quote]

Gonna need a name or number.
[/quote]
transplant wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:48 am [quote=Valley91 post_id=2013214 time=<a href="tel:1661865164">1661865164</a> user_id=19519]
[quote=transplant post_id=2013211 time=<a href="tel:1661864253">1661864253</a> user_id=12956]
Some also play basketball and soccer that he has nothing to do with. Don't start saying stuff that isn't true. Valley is a small school, the best athletes need to play any and all sports. If the same 6-7 athletes play all sports and are the best option for that sport, so be it. He is not taking care of certain kids so they will play baseball. I can think of only one kid that is playing this year, after only taking 1 year off.
[/quote]

[/quote]
transplant wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:57 am Some also play basketball and soccer that he has nothing to do with. Don't start saying stuff that isn't true. Valley is a small school, the best athletes need to play any and all sports. If the same 6-7 athletes play all sports and are the best option for that sport, so be it. He is not taking care of certain kids so they will play baseball. I can think of only one kid that is playing this year, after only taking 1 year off.

Didn’t the Neely kid number 24 step in when Edwards broke his collarbone during the second game of the year and pretty much start rest of the year at linebacker.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

How was this kids offseason? Did he improve his game to stay on the field more?

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Ok.

I remember him a playing some right after the injury, but I don't remember much as the season went on.

Doesn't matter. With the performance of the defense thru 8 quarters, if he could help, he would be playing.

Valley 2020
Waterboy

Post by Valley 2020 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:57 am Not sure I have missed more than 5-6 Valley games in the last 30 years and I have no idea who we are talking about.

Smartest comment that has been posted on here yet!!!

Valley 2020
Waterboy

Post by Valley 2020 »

Valley91 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:10 pm

Didn’t the Neely kid number 24 step in when Edwards broke his collarbone during the second game of the year and pretty much start rest of the year at linebacker.
So what kid is playing in place of the kid that stepped up and played in place of Hunter?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

My guess is Hunter, since he is back and healthy? I'm lost on this. The best 11 kids play to give Valley a chance to win. Some kids get more playing time than others. That's part of the game.

Valley 2020
Waterboy

Post by Valley 2020 »

transplant wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:53 pm My guess is Hunter, since he is back and healthy? I'm lost on this. The best 11 kids play to give Valley a chance to win. Some kids get more playing time than others. That's part of the game.
Yeah most definitely it was Hunters spot before he unfortunately got hurt and most definitely should be his place when he returned

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

That's how I see it. Now, back to the game discussion. I like Valley's chances in this one. I think they will get the W this week.

bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Post by bucknuts09 »

I’m taking Piketon, they can pound the ball. They also may have found their running back.

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Post by ValleyStrong »

Valley has shown offensively they can get it going. Defensively with the new schemes it will take time to implement or have to be adjusted based upon the kids. Line wise they have an excellent core, if all of them will give 100% every play. Friday, i believe 1 starter was injured first defensive play, but played through on offense, so that dropped them one defensive lineman out of their core 6 or 7. This also hurt some of their between tackles play offensively.. Defensively if everyone will give 100% and play their responsibilities we will be fine. Dbs, play coverage responsibilities, if a receiver turns to catch then grab their hip turn your head and put one hand up or break on the ball, do not just run with them and face guard. Cover the deep please... safeties quit putting yourself in bad positions by playing closer then you should, linebackers read and cover the slants, fly in and fill the seams on runs, ends please start playing responsilities first. . Do what i know your coaches are teaching you. You all have the potential to be better then everyone thinks, the pieces are there, and there is some depth this year. Seniors someone step up and lead, this is it the last year you are a senior heavy team capable of turning heads.

I take Valley 14 plus over Piketon. They will put it together this week I Believe.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Good grief! It is obvious from some of the comments some people dont understand Nolan and his family brand.

The last thing on Nolan's mind is baseball season and the starting 9. He will be a great 2 sport coach for as long as he wants.

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Post by ValleyStrong »

Valley91 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:10 pm

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Coach Crabtree like Coach Crabtree before has an open door policy. As far as who plays it looks as if a lot of kids are seeing the field especially when compared to years past. It looks as if the starting 11 is on point, and the primary rotators are on point. Use the open door policy if you have an issue, then go from there.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Exactly

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

ValleyStrong wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:18 pm Valley has shown offensively they can get it going. Defensively with the new schemes it will take time to implement or have to be adjusted based upon the kids. Line wise they have an excellent core, if all of them will give 100% every play. Friday, i believe 1 starter was injured first defensive play, but played through on offense, so that dropped them one defensive lineman out of their core 6 or 7. This also hurt some of their between tackles play offensively.. Defensively if everyone will give 100% and play their responsibilities we will be fine. Dbs, play coverage responsibilities, if a receiver turns to catch then grab their hip turn your head and put one hand up or break on the ball, do not just run with them and face guard. Cover the deep please... safeties quit putting yourself in bad positions by playing closer then you should, linebackers read and cover the slants, fly in and fill the seams on runs, ends please start playing responsilities first. . Do what i know your coaches are teaching you. You all have the potential to be better then everyone thinks, the pieces are there, and there is some depth this year. Seniors someone step up and lead, this is it the last year you are a senior heavy team capable of turning heads.

I take Valley 14 plus over Piketon. They will put it together this week I Believe.

I agree with the safety playing to close that’s been a problem in both games so far. I think in the Portsmouth game the corners for most of the game was also to close. They just couldn’t handle the speed of Portsmouth being so close. They have to win this game if they want a chance at the postseason so I look for valley to finally put it all together.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Coach Crabtree like Coach Crabtree before has an open door policy. As far as who plays it looks as if a lot of kids are seeing the field especially when compared to years past. It looks as if the starting 11 is on point, and the primary rotators are on point. Use the open door policy if you have an issue, then go from there.
[/quote]

Yes. Well said!!

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Valleys offense to much for Piketon! Valley by a couple scores.

purplegold
Riding the Bench

Post by purplegold »

Will this game be on the radio?

Return to “Football”