Fairland's field

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Fairland's field

Post by Taylormade »

Now I'm being serious here. I'm just curious as to why they have never really upgraded their facilities. I know theres money in Proctor-Vegas with those 400k homes and setch.
Just curious as to why they have never done any upgrades

82nd
Freshman Team

Re: Fairland's field

Post by 82nd »

i prefer natural grass myself but honestly don't know why they haven't

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Natural grass is fine ,but they could at least upgrade it ,last year it was actually unsafe for both teams to even be on when we played there during a crazy amount of rain 🌧️☔

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

They if I am correct did soil sample in field to see about putting in turf. I saw the report and if I remember correctly they would of had to dig 4ft deep and replace all the soil and compact it to code before putting in turf. Extremely expensive and this was probably 5 years ago.

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

peake71 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:19 pm They if I am correct did soil sample in field to see about putting in turf. I saw the report and if I remember correctly they would of had to dig 4ft deep and replace all the soil and compact it to code before putting in turf. Extremely expensive and this was probably 5 years ago.
Relocate

dantargaryen
Riding the Bench

Post by dantargaryen »

Manwithplan wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:53 pm Relocate
To where?

There isn't anywhere that the BOE already owns property to build a stadium.

dantargaryen
Riding the Bench

Post by dantargaryen »

Taylormade wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:35 pm Now I'm being serious here. I'm just curious as to why they have never really upgraded their facilities. I know theres money in Proctor-Vegas with those 400k homes and setch.
Just curious as to why they have never done any upgrades
They attempted to pass a levy a few years ago (I think 2014-15?) but it failed.

You have to consider that while there are homes in the Fairland district that are $400K+, there are also a lot of folks who live on a fixed income and would not be able to afford the higher taxes. Fairland's district has a very wide gap in their SES that most people fail to recognize.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Looks like a very tired 70s style field. Is that a cinder track?

dantargaryen
Riding the Bench

Post by dantargaryen »

No, the track is only a few years old. They used to host the OHSAA District Track meet every year.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I thought Fairland's field look good. Track does look sort of new. On TV it looked black which shouldn't put too much heat out during spring. Could even help on some of the cool meets.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

This is brought up every single year on here, go donate I'm sure they'll take the money and put it in a fund. For now they enjoy the homefield advantage, I mean that's what it is right??

RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

The issue Fairland has with their facilities is, there is no room to expand the current field. The visitors side has a trailer court behind it. I don’t know what else they could do. As far as building a new field or expansion of seating.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
IrontonTigers#1
Freshman Team

Post by IrontonTigers#1 »

I Think all Southern Ohio Football fields need to be turfed. Easier to take care of and looks better also gives the communities something to be proud of.

GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, HOOK'EM HORNS, HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS

Return to “Football”