Fairland 13 - 34 Ironton 2022

Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Re: Week 3: Ironton (2-0) @ Fairland (2-0)

Post by Carmen Ohio »

Carmen Ohio wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:34 pm
TigerFella wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:30 pm Why in the world are we running Tayden who has been injured before on runs when we are up 3 scores in a decided game??????? Horrible decision. Can’t believe Pendleton did it again.
Don’t think he was supposed to run that. Looked like some miscommunication.
Just watched again. Bad snap that I believe was supposed to be a pitch to 5.

TigerFella
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerFella »

RelaxGoat wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:47 pm Fairland throws up a surprise. Wins it on Ironton’s weak extra point team in a close one.
She was 4/4 tonight (different kid attempted the last one that was blocked). Don’t ever want to see you slander her again.

OVC Champ
Waterboy

Post by OVC Champ »

Taylormade wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:31 pm
scott1297 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:38 pm Big difference between open enrollment and recruiting.
If they are recruiting then why arent they being penalized for such since its against the rules. Kids have been moving into Ironton for years bub,just like they do at other schools. Fairland gets them from Huntington,Burg gets them from all over. As for the game,I'll go with Ironton
Who did Fairland get from Huntington?

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

Fairland got 3 starters last year from Chesapeake. Good players. Not sure about this year.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:05 pm
frankie wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:03 pm
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:39 pm

Right, and I'm Donald Trump, Jr.
[/quote

You have proof? Then turn the Tigers in. Players want to play for Ironton,
I have never seen a player transfer from one sorry azz program to let's say, another sorry azz program like Gallia. Fact.
Ooooooh. Sounds like I struck a nerve.
not even close :lol:

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

frankie wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:56 pm
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:05 pm
frankie wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:03 pm

Ooooooh. Sounds like I struck a nerve.
not even close :lol:
As close as that river runs along the mighty ohio banks!!!

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Congratulations tigers. Keep it rolling

CAT22
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT22 »

If ironton wants to be a contender for a state title they definitely have some things to clean up. Too many dropped passes, 2 from Perkins dropped that were both TDs. Carter also had 2 dropped passes. False starts an issue as well. If they make the same mistakes next week I think they will be handed their first loss.

WrestlingFootball
Riding the Bench

Post by WrestlingFootball »

WrestlingFootball wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:14 pm
eagle one wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:36 am
WrestlingFootball wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:06 am Fairland with the win on this one. I think Ironton is deeper, but you can only put 11 on the field at a time. And Fairlands 11 is better than Ironton's 11. If Fairland's kids start getting hurt then things could change.

what are you smokin

Sorry but I don't smoke.

Well I wasn't wrong. Fairland had some kids go down in the first half. Should be a good game in the playoffs.

TigerFella
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerFella »

Carmen Ohio wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:37 pm
Carmen Ohio wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:34 pm
TigerFella wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:30 pm Why in the world are we running Tayden who has been injured before on runs when we are up 3 scores in a decided game??????? Horrible decision. Can’t believe Pendleton did it again.
Don’t think he was supposed to run that. Looked like some miscommunication.
Just watched again. Bad snap that I believe was supposed to be a pitch to 5.
My apologies then, must’ve missed the bad snap live. Hope he recovers quickly, looked like same hip that bothered him last season

TigerTooth
Waterboy

Post by TigerTooth »

TigerFella wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:28 pm Ironton came out asleep again. Can’t do that next week or the play offs. They are fortunate to cause the turnovers to stall Fairland. Really annoyed how they continue to keep putting Amari in for him to limp off the field right after. Let him rest.

Agree totally getting burnt on D. I think it’s due to injury I hope.

Mr Shifty
Riding the Bench

Post by Mr Shifty »

I'm managed to take in a little bit of this game.Something I wanna ask Ironton insiders is this. Trevor Carter?! Why is he not being utilized as a running back? His 9th & 10th grade year he had some phenomenal carries. His junior year he suffered a season ending injury and rumor is he had a run in with a staff member. It seems like the only thing he is being used for on the offense is as a tight end.

WHY??!!

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Mr Shifty wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:22 pm I'm managed to take in a little bit of this game.Something I wanna ask Ironton insiders is this. Trevor Carter?! Why is he not being utilized as a running back? His 9th & 10th grade year he had some phenomenal carries. His junior year he suffered a season ending injury and rumor is he had a run in with a staff member. It seems like the only thing he is being used for on the offense is as a tight end.

WHY??!!
Cause Keys and Felder are better. 💯

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

TigerFella wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:40 pm
RelaxGoat wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:47 pm Fairland throws up a surprise. Wins it on Ironton’s weak extra point team in a close one.
She was 4/4 tonight (different kid attempted the last one that was blocked). Don’t ever want to see you slander her again.
Hows that crow taste goofygoat?

Mr Shifty
Riding the Bench

Post by Mr Shifty »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:25 pm
Mr Shifty wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:22 pm I'm managed to take in a little bit of this game.Something I wanna ask Ironton insiders is this. Trevor Carter?! Why is he not being utilized as a running back? His 9th & 10th grade year he had some phenomenal carries. His junior year he suffered a season ending injury and rumor is he had a run in with a staff member. It seems like the only thing he is being used for on the offense is as a tight end.

WHY??!!
No, that's not it. He gets a few touches and it'll have a lot of people scratching their heads

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Ok. First things first before I get to the game.

Who called the game on this god awful live stream? No lights in press box. Eating on the mic. Does anyone really want to hear some goof chawing on chicken wings on a hot mic? Where did Fairland find these yeehaws at? I didn't know if I was watching a football game, or a Hee Haw outtake?! Can't get jersey numbers right. Goes on for a quarter during live play about the food delivered to them and their wives glucose levels. What holler did they dig up these two bozos out of? Can't get the volume to work. Can't get the scoreboard to work. Sheesh. I know they are not ESPN, but if you elect to do something and be a part of a product these kids work hard all year and commit to, you could have the least bit of class and at least TRY to give a respectful effort! What a couple of absolute clowns. Chewing in a hot mic?

Ok. Now to the game. It wasn't picture perfect by a long shot and yet and still Ironton pretty much cruised and wasn't ever really threatened. Next week will be a big test. Good win.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

BigSpoon wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:27 pm
TigerFella wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:40 pm
Hows that crow taste goofygoat?
Ms. Williams played a PERFECT game AGAIN. She's the REAL DEAL.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Mr Shifty wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:33 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:25 pm

WHY??!!
No, that's not it. He gets a few touches and it'll have a lot of people scratching their heads
I don't think handling the ball is his strong suit imo. Keys is more powerful, and Felder looks to have more burst and twitch. Carter doesn't seem to be all that solid catching the ball outta the backfield either. I think he will see a few more touches as the season progresses. Lotta talent. Pittman hasn't been targeted a ton yet either. It'll come.
Last edited by THEEE_GAME on Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TigerFella
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerFella »

WHY??!!
Personally, I’m not a big fan of Carter running, doesn’t seem to break tackles or make people miss. Also have solid to great backs in Keyes, Felder, and Wilson. He’s certainly earning that D1 attention on D though.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

TigerFella wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:43 pm

WHY??!!
Personally, I’m not a big fan of Carter running, doesn’t seem to break tackles or make people miss. Also have solid to great backs in Keyes, Felder, and Wilson. He’s certainly earning that D1 attention on D though.
Absolutely. He's a very very good LB. And I agree. He's not a skill player at all.

Return to “Football”