Russell (KY) 21 - 28 Wheelersburg 2022

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Re: WK3 Burg @ Russell KY

Post by THEEE_GAME »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:04 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:00 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:58 pm

You’re back. Did Ironton finally win something? Anything? A state band contest? The tic tax toe state championship? Something?

I bet you’ve never seen Ironton lift a state title trophy. Having seen Burg win seven is quite exciting. Next time you are in the Burg, stop by the high school. They might let you look at them.
I think Ironton leads the series vs Burg. I'll have to check.

How many tds did they score on Ironton again?
So in other words, no, you have never seen Ironton win a state title in any sport, yet here you are.

Wait, makes sense that you are on Burg’s topics. Just wanting to feel like a real winner. I get it now.

Seriously, come by the school, and we’ll take a pic with you standing next to our last state trophy.
Maybe burgs coaching staff is still sorta woozy from their last title. That would explain the, what is it now like a 5 year drought?
Ironton hasn't won again yet, but the coaching staff that is so inferior has made it to two title games in the last few years. I'm thinking maybe burgs coaches should call Ridgewood.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:06 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:03 pm

You’re back. Did Ironton finally win something? Anything? A state band contest? The tic tax toe state championship? Something?

I bet you’ve never seen Ironton lift a state title trophy. Having seen Burg win seven is quite exciting. Next time you are in the Burg, stop by the high school. They might let you look at them.
I watched Ironton do it. But it was in a higher div and against bigger tougher opponents than you are accustomed to in scioto co.

At any rate. Maybe burgs elite coaching could pow wow with Raceland and brainstorm for next week?
So now that Ironton has not won against weaker competition for over 30 years, has their program fallen apart? Is it simply beyond repair? Sounds like that’s what you are saying…
Ironton beat Ridgewood when they played them huh?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:14 pm

I watched Ironton do it. But it was in a higher div and against bigger tougher opponents than you are accustomed to in scioto co.

At any rate. Maybe burgs elite coaching could pow wow with Raceland and brainstorm for next week?
So now that Ironton has not won against weaker competition for over 30 years, has their program fallen apart? Is it simply beyond repair? Sounds like that’s what you are saying…

Yeah and Burg beat Ridgewood last year before Burg’s superior coaches beat Ironton 17-14

Do you remember that fool??

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:19 pm

Yeah and Burg beat Ridgewood last year before Burg’s superior coaches beat Ironton 17-14

I do. And then lost to Harvest Prep. Another team Irontons inferior coaching beat. Call Raceland!!!

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:59 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:49 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:45 pm

I was curious how consistent the narrative was. It's looking a little fuzzy. One day it's the best and another day, it's being a little second guessed. Maybe "burg has the best coaching" is a situational sentiment?
When Ironton stops choking in the playoffs and actually wins something, then get back to us.

Btw, how many years since their last state title? Were you even alive then?
Did burg take a step back tonight or was it coaching?
Better forget about burg and go watch some film on your next opponent coach

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

JTEK wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:45 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:59 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:49 pm

When Ironton stops choking in the playoffs and actually wins something, then get back to us.

Btw, how many years since their last state title? Were you even alive then?
Did burg take a step back tonight or was it coaching?
Better forget about burg and go watch some film on your next opponent coach
Now that is for sure. A ton of work to do.

The biggest room in your house is the room for growth.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:52 pm

Did the Red Devils have a bunch of recruits too? Had to be some reason why that great coaching staff struggled against a team Raceland blew out right?

Must be getting up there if you watched ironton do it😂
Pretty sure you werent born yet coach

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Kind of surprised at the score, thought this would be a running clock for the Pirates.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:23 pm

I do. And then lost to Harvest Prep. Another team Irontons inferior coaching beat. Call Raceland!!!
Ironton beat Harvest Prep last year in the playoffs? So now you are bragging about games that were never played.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:50 pm Kind of surprised at the score, thought this would be a running clock for the Pirates.
Burg was a little sloppy but Russell played a nice ball game

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

JTEK wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:47 pm

Must be getting up there if you watched ironton do it😂
Pretty sure you werent born yet coach
Don't be so sure. I loved watching Pleasant & Conwell and Coffman.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:53 pm

Ironton beat Harvest Prep last year in the playoffs? So now you are bragging about games that were never played.
I didn't attach a date. However when they played HP that inferior staff found a way.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:50 pm Kind of surprised at the score, thought this would be a running clock for the Pirates.
Me too. That's what I read. I also read about how elite the coaching was.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:58 pm

I didn't attach a date. However when they played HP that inferior staff found a way.
If you’re going to make up games and wins, you can shoot higher than regional games. This may come as a surprise to an Ironton fan, but there’s this title called “state champion”. At least go big if you plan to make stuff up.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:02 am

If you’re going to make up games and wins, you can shoot higher than regional games. This may come as a surprise to an Ironton fan, but there’s this title called “state champion”. At least go big if you plan to make stuff up.
That's the game burg can't seem to get back to despite the elite coaching. I can't believe Raceland has all that superior talent. Crazy.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:04 am
RBH23 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:02 am

That's the game burg can't seem to get back to despite the elite coaching. I can't believe Raceland has all that superior talent. Crazy.

Raceland????? Burg didn't play Raceland last night. They played Russell. You didn't pay attention in school did you!!!

Probably need to check and see what powerhouse OVC team you play next!!!

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Watched the 2nd half of this one. Wheelersburg moved the ball seemingly at will, but Russell converted their two chances and made it a game. Wheelersburg still needs to get more dynamic on offense if they’re going to beat quality teams in the playoffs.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg played fine. Not great but not bad. Blew a pass coverage, had a goal scoring drive flip fields on a lucky bounce from a burg turnover, and burg coaches called a surprise kick that they didn’t recover. Burg tried some new stuff offensively at the beginning, which slowed them down a little I think but settled in and started moving the ball with their normal sets.

At no point during the game, did I feel burg was in jeopardy of losing the game. They just went through the motions it seemed like. Russell also played very well.

Probably bound to happen after two high intensity games and then you come into this game expecting to just walk through it and the next thing you know you’re in a dog fight trying to get out of it. Typical high school sports football

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I had gotten updates from two friends last night on this game and was shocked it was so close. I had spoken to some fans in Kentucky last week while I was covering the Pike County Bowl and was told Russell was really down this season. Glad to see the Burg found a way to victory.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:09 am Watched the 2nd half of this one. Wheelersburg moved the ball seemingly at will, but Russell converted their two chances and made it a game. Wheelersburg still needs to get more dynamic on offense if they’re going to beat quality teams in the playoffs.
Based on the score vs Russell, it doesn't look like Burg is going to walk through the SOC.

Return to “Football”