Fairland 13 - 34 Ironton 2022

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Re: Week 3: Ironton (2-0) @ Fairland (2-0)

Post by Jonjon »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:35 pm Ok. First things first before I get to the game.

Who called the game on this god awful live stream? No lights in press box. Eating on the mic. Does anyone really want to hear some goof chawing on chicken wings on a hot mic? Where did Fairland find these yeehaws at? I didn't know if I was watching a football game, or a Hee Haw outtake?! Can't get jersey numbers right. Goes on for a quarter during live play about the food delivered to them and their wives glucose levels. What holler did they dig up these two bozos out of? Can't get the volume to work. Can't get the scoreboard to work. Sheesh. I know they are not ESPN, but if you elect to do something and be a part of a product these kids work hard all year and commit to, you could have the least bit of class and at least TRY to give a respectful effort! What a couple of absolute clowns. Chewing in a hot mic?

Ok. Now to the game. It wasn't picture perfect by a long shot and yet and still Ironton pretty much cruised and wasn't ever really threatened. Next week will be a big test. Good win.
Ironton was up a touchdown in the third. They cruised? Weren’t threatened? If fairland doesn’t lose their middle backer and their monster offensive lineman early, things may have been different. It was a good game til the pick 6. You have to know that.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:06 pm
BigSpoon wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:54 am Ironton won two very tough games against very good teams and came out with no major injuries. Look out tonight! The Dragons are in trouble esp if Ironton starts fast!
I would consider Amari Fielder @5-9 & 190 lbs, a senior, and whom disintegrated What The Burg’s Plan was to STOP THE plethora Of STRONG IHS POOL of running attack options, a PIVOTAL INJURY!!!

May AMARI heal successfully!

I would love to see Tony Bell 5-9” 170, (sophomore) & this is just my gut instinct from afar & based on excellent personal game footage, & who was player of the game yesterday -v- Jackson JV & STOPPED The Ironmen from getting a “W” on several Key plays- should be considered & optimized in the IHS offense & Defense!!

That was INTENSE VIDEO SENT TO ME!!!

Thank- YOU @ JRWY.

The young tiger looked ready To “prowl” & move on & UP!

#GoTgo
I was talking major injuries, like season ending etc. I wouldn’t call a ankle sprain a major injury. He is a stud though. Amari is special on both sides of the ball. He has played both games since that sprain and even returned in the Burg game after tweaking his ankle
Last edited by BigSpoon on Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Jonjon wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:10 am
THEEE_GAME wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:35 pm Ok. First things first before I get to the game.

Who called the game on this god awful live stream? No lights in press box. Eating on the mic. Does anyone really want to hear some goof chawing on chicken wings on a hot mic? Where did Fairland find these yeehaws at? I didn't know if I was watching a football game, or a Hee Haw outtake?! Can't get jersey numbers right. Goes on for a quarter during live play about the food delivered to them and their wives glucose levels. What holler did they dig up these two bozos out of? Can't get the volume to work. Can't get the scoreboard to work. Sheesh. I know they are not ESPN, but if you elect to do something and be a part of a product these kids work hard all year and commit to, you could have the least bit of class and at least TRY to give a respectful effort! What a couple of absolute clowns. Chewing in a hot mic?

Ok. Now to the game. It wasn't picture perfect by a long shot and yet and still Ironton pretty much cruised and wasn't ever really threatened. Next week will be a big test. Good win.
Ironton was up a touchdown in the third. They cruised? Weren’t threatened? If fairland doesn’t lose their middle backer and their monster offensive lineman early, things may have been different. It was a good game til the pick 6. You have to know that.
Ironton wins 10 out of 10 games. Fairland can’t hang around 4 quarters.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Fairland is a good team but Ironton skilled kids are more numerous.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

TigerFella wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:40 pm
RelaxGoat wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:47 pm Fairland throws up a surprise. Wins it on Ironton’s weak extra point team in a close one.
She was 4/4 tonight (different kid attempted the last one that was blocked). Don’t ever want to see you slander her again.
For the last time, I wasn’t slandering her you think headed people. Ironton didn’t use her. They tried to run the ball for 2 points twice and failed. That is what I was referring to.

Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by Carmen Ohio »

RelaxGoat wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:09 am
RelaxGoat wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:47 pm Fairland throws up a surprise. Wins it on Ironton’s weak extra point team in a close one.
She was 4/4 tonight (different kid attempted the last one that was blocked). Don’t ever want to see you slander her again.
For the last time, I wasn’t slandering her you think headed people. Ironton didn’t use her. They tried to run the ball for 2 points twice and failed. That is what I was referring to.
You are still incorrect on the Wheelersburg game. They did not go for 2 twice. So if that was your reasoning you literally had no idea what you were talking about, just as everyone has explained to you.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Great game by Fairland they played loose and let it all out.
They played to win Ironton is still learning on the O-line and D-line.
And games like this will only help Ironton as it marches toward the playoffs.
JC will be another test for this team and after that the only team that may come close to Ironton may be Coal Grove.
Portsmouth being a rivalry will be a tough one but Ironton should finish no worse than 9-1 after next weeks game.
And that is if they don't correct the turn over bug and silly penalties that seem to be a constant problem for Ironton.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

fielddaddy wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:40 am Great game by Fairland they played loose and let it all out.
JC will be another test for this team and after that the only team that may come close to Ironton may be Coal Grove.
Portsmouth being a rivalry will be a tough one but Ironton should finish no worse than 9-1 after next weeks game.
And that is if they don't correct the turn over bug and silly penalties that seem to be a constant problem for Ironton.
Gallia has athletes that can match Ironton. They may be a team to look at too. Other that that, I agree

Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by Carmen Ohio »

Carmen Ohio wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:13 am

You are still incorrect on the Wheelersburg game. They did not go for 2 twice. So if that was your reasoning you literally had no idea what you were talking about, just as everyone has explained to you.
Additionally, she had already gone 3-3 against Jackson when you wrote that.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

BigSpoon wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:45 am
BigSpoon wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:54 am Ironton won two very tough games against very good teams and came out with no major injuries. Look out tonight! The Dragons are in trouble esp if Ironton starts fast!
I would consider Amari Fielder @5-9 & 190 lbs, a senior, and whom disintegrated What The Burg’s Plan was to STOP THE plethora Of STRONG IHS POOL of running attack options, a PIVOTAL INJURY!!!

I would love to see Tony Bell 5-9” 170, (sophomore) & this is just my gut instinct from afar & based on excellent personal game footage, & who was player of the game yesterday -v- Jackson JV & STOPPED The Ironmen from getting a “W” on several Key plays- should be considered & optimized in the IHS offense & Defense!!

Thank- YOU @ JRWY.

#GoTgo
I was talking major injuries, like season ending etc. I wouldn’t call a ankle sprain a major injury. He is a stud though. Amari is special on both sides of the ball. He has played both games since that sprain and even returned in the Burg game after tweaking his ankle
Apologies to you.

I realize he has still played injured,& basically watched all he did as the Tigers played back & let FairLand pass & catch.
It was odd, & got boring, but i get it.
Pendleton has the faith in the defense, especially after first two games, to get it done.
So, i mostly zoomed in and watched Fielder’s movements each play & He is hobbled up a bit.

To me, he’s a major loss on Offense at 40% effective or so…

So that is where i was coming from. He doesn't have that cut and run quickness right now, & we need him healthy.

I do think Carter does have the ability to be utilized in the running attack & the Coaching Staff has to draw this up right for IHS to have a long season. That may be the goal, & already well thought out. I am just guessing because
There are more guys who can be used all over thecplace than ive seen in decades & i think The staff is trying to still map it all out so, they’ll have a healthy crew to go deep into the season & not go out early like last year.

I think PendleTon doesn’t have to expose all his artillery along the way. Just enough to get the W & build on it & add a wrinkle each week to the playbooks without exposing the full gamut of his arsenal. Im just a fan, not a coach, so just my thoughts.

FairLand was a good team, but nothing like Jackson of Burg.
It wasnt a blowout, but i never had a doubt about IHS.

I could see and feel their dominance even though i was mostly watching out for Fielder’s degree of effectiveness.

Next week. Big BIG FOOTBALL CELEBRATION AT THE TANK with teams from multiple states & a big test for IHS as they plat a MASSIVE D1 (KY INTO OHIO enrollment guidelines) -V -Johnson Central, KY. Not forgetting they are KY state runner up last year & state power for years now in KY!

REST UP, Practice WELL, & Stay healthy boys!

#GoTgo

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

They only went for 2 once.

Shew these yeehaws are somethin else on here.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Carmen Ohio wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:13 am

He's an idiot.
Last edited by THEEE_GAME on Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:47 am
fielddaddy wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:40 am Great game by Fairland they played loose and let it all out.
Gallia has athletes that can match Ironton. They may be a team to look at too. Other that that, I agree
Not enough depth. Fairland was gassed last night. Kids were goin down w injuries and cramps a lot. Irontons skill depth is underrated. Its gonna continue to be a factor.

In the words of Jaquez Keys in post game interview: "We started poundin it and they didn't want no more."

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Ironton is starting to establish the run offensively and really let it anchor the offense. Young athletic O line is doing just fine. Keys and Felder gonna be a tough offensive foundation. Carpenter has been exceptional.

Defense improves as game goes on but need to continue to get better. Lots of room for growth for a very talented DEEP team.

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:25 pm
Mr Shifty wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:22 pm I'm managed to take in a little bit of this game.Something I wanna ask Ironton insiders is this. Trevor Carter?! Why is he not being utilized as a running back? His 9th & 10th grade year he had some phenomenal carries. His junior year he suffered a season ending injury and rumor is he had a run in with a staff member. It seems like the only thing he is being used for on the offense is as a tight end.

WHY??!!
Cause Keys and Felder are better. 💯
Keyes and Felder are not better. As far as RB goes Carter is the fastest kid on this team at 210 pounds with Perkins, Martin, and Young close behind. Carter has the shift of Felder and power of Keyes. That said, Carter is needed to be full go on the defensive side of the ball and he’s near 40 tackles in the first 3 games. Having Felder, Keyes, AND Wilson to play RB is a luxury. If you notice, Carter was Keyes’ lead fullback on his 2 touchdowns last night. Carter is there if they need him. He and the other RBs are doing what they need to do to get wins. The entire team just has to come out of the gate stronger.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

GoBigI wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:17 pm
Mr Shifty wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:22 pm I'm managed to take in a little bit of this game.Something I wanna ask Ironton insiders is this. Trevor Carter?! Why is he not being utilized as a running back? His 9th & 10th grade year he had some phenomenal carries. His junior year he suffered a season ending injury and rumor is he had a run in with a staff member. It seems like the only thing he is being used for on the offense is as a tight end.

WHY??!!
Keyes and Felder are not better. As far as RB goes Carter is the fastest kid on this team at 210 pounds with Perkins, Martin, and Young close behind. Carter has the shift of Felder and power of Keyes. That said, Carter is needed to be full go on the defensive side of the ball and he’s near 40 tackles in the first 3 games. Having Felder, Keyes, AND Wilson to play RB is a luxury. If you notice, Carter was Keyes’ lead fullback on his 2 touchdowns last night. Carter is there if they need him. He and the other RBs are doing what they need to do to get wins. The entire team just has to come out of the gate stronger.
I've never felt like he looked comfortable as a ball carrier. He is a absolute stud on D though. Kid has been everywhere.

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:44 pm

I've never felt like he looked comfortable as a ball carrier. He is a absolute stud on D though. Kid has been everywhere.
All of that aside, it’s a luxury to have the skill players we have. We just need to get the better playmakers on the field, especially at WR. We’ll get there, week 11 is a long way off.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

GoBigI wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:55 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:44 pm

All of that aside, it’s a luxury to have the skill players we have. We just need to get the better playmakers on the field, especially at WR. We’ll get there, week 11 is a long way off.
I agree

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:28 pm
BigSpoon wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:45 am

Thank- YOU @ JRWY.

#GoTgo
Apologies to you.

I realize he has still played injured,& basically watched all he did as the Tigers played back & let FairLand pass & catch.
It was odd, & got boring, but i get it.
Pendleton has the faith in the defense, especially after first two games, to get it done.
So, i mostly zoomed in and watched Fielder’s movements each play & He is hobbled up a bit.

To me, he’s a major loss on Offense at 40% effective or so…

So that is where i was coming from. He doesn't have that cut and run quickness right now, & we need him healthy.

I do think Carter does have the ability to be utilized in the running attack & the Coaching Staff has to draw this up right for IHS to have a long season. That may be the goal, & already well thought out. I am just guessing because
There are more guys who can be used all over thecplace than ive seen in decades & i think The staff is trying to still map it all out so, they’ll have a healthy crew to go deep into the season & not go out early like last year.

I think PendleTon doesn’t have to expose all his artillery along the way. Just enough to get the W & build on it & add a wrinkle each week to the playbooks without exposing the full gamut of his arsenal. Im just a fan, not a coach, so just my thoughts.

FairLand was a good team, but nothing like Jackson of Burg.
It wasnt a blowout, but i never had a doubt about IHS.

I could see and feel their dominance even though i was mostly watching out for Fielder’s degree of effectiveness.

Next week. Big BIG FOOTBALL CELEBRATION AT THE TANK with teams from multiple states & a big test for IHS as they plat a MASSIVE D1 (KY INTO OHIO enrollment guidelines) -V -Johnson Central, KY. Not forgetting they are KY state runner up last year & state power for years now in KY!

REST UP, Practice WELL, & Stay healthy boys!

#GoTgo

I think Felder is one of the best athletes on both sides of the ball. If they would lose him to injury, it would definitely be a major loss

sportphotos
JV Team

Post by sportphotos »

Return to “Football”