Waverly 12 - 42 Chillicothe 2022

Omega
SEOPS H

Waverly 12 - 42 Chillicothe 2022

Post by Omega »

I believe this will be first football contest between the two schools since the 1930's.

Both schools are coming off of their first loss of the season. Chillicothe falling to Westerville North 17-14. Waverly getting tripped up by Unioto 48-27.

The Cavaliers figure to have the edge on talent and depth, plus having faced a tougher schedule.

Can Waverly make it competitive by not digging themselves into an early hole by mistakes?

What say you?
Last edited by Omega on Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Week 4: Chillicothe 2-1 @ Waverly 2-1

Post by smurray »

Omega wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:57 pm I believe this will be first football contest between the two schools since the 1930's.

Both schools are coming off of their first loss of the season. Chillicothe falling to Westerville North 17-14. Waverly getting tripped up by Unioto 48-27.

The Cavaliers figure to have the edge on talent and depth, plus having faced a tougher schedule.

Can Waverly make it competitive by not digging themselves into an early hole by mistakes?

What say you?
RUN THE BALL!!!

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Chillicothe has some good defensive players, probably bigger up front than us. They did give up lot of rush yards vs tays though.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Chillicothe by a few tds imo
Too much talent on this team.

ManInBlack
Riding the Bench

Post by ManInBlack »

How’s Galloway been this season? Haven’t heard anything about him. Has the new coaching staff at Chillicothe figured out an offense to maximize his talent?

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

This is a game Chillicothe has to win. I don’t think it will be easy as it’s at Waverly and they are good enough to beat us if we don’t play well. A lot of good things from Westerville North game. I think the Cavs are close and a nice win this week will get Coach Bart and team closer to where they want to be.

Chillicothe 28
Waverly 17

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

These next few weeks for Waverly are going to be extremely tough and if we can come out of the end of it healthy and intact this team should be much improved for it. Week 4 against Chillicothe though is such a tall task for us with all they have returning and an excellent new coach higher, Waverly has to run the ball it's just the facts. Also at some point we have to decide that it's ok to go outside the tackles for the running game as well, Unioto was crashing so hard inside that had we gone outside no one would've been there. Chillicothe by 3 scores I think they just have too much talent and Waverly isn't there yet as we continue to turnover the ball, 2 INT's, muffed punt snap, and a squib kick Unioto recovered. So 4 on the night, one returned for a TD and the 2 of the others set them up inside the 35 of Waverly not a recipe for getting the W. I'm thinking we might be averaging about 3 turnovers a game right now, has to be cleaned up. Chillicothe 35-14.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

smurray wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:21 pm
Omega wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:57 pm I believe this will be first football contest between the two schools since the 1930's.

What say you?
RUN THE BALL!!!
Yep, and I think as we seen at the end of the game it's time to get C. Smith involved, kids got a little extra pop when he takes off, there's no reason between Hurd, Harris and Smith we can't keep guys fresh and pounding away.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Chilly 38-27

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

ManInBlack wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:55 pm How’s Galloway been this season? Haven’t heard anything about him. Has the new coaching staff at Chillicothe figured out an offense to maximize his talent?
Don’t have exact numbers, but he’s got 3 TDs and has been over 70 yards receiving each game. So, the work he has put in seems to be working for him and the Cavaliers.

I guessing this will be close for a bit, but Chillicothe pulls away by 3 scores in the end.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:28 pm
smurray wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:21 pm

What say you?
RUN THE BALL!!!
Yep, and I think as we seen at the end of the game it's time to get C. Smith involved, kids got a little extra pop when he takes off, there's no reason between Hurd, Harris and Smith we can't keep guys fresh and pounding away.
And the package with Q Hurd. He was getting 5-6 yards a carry and just didn’t get enough carries. More of that and way less passes. Tigers should be passing the ball 10-15 times a game. 3 pass plays that are effective, scratch the others.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

ManInBlack wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:55 pm How’s Galloway been this season? Haven’t heard anything about him. Has the new coaching staff at Chillicothe figured out an offense to maximize his talent?
After watching Chillicothe on film he's simply a pass catching TE nothing more nothing less minimal effort, probably shouldn't see the field defensively.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Cavs by 12

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:34 am
After watching Chillicothe on film he's simply a pass catching TE nothing more nothing less minimal effort, probably shouldn't see the field defensively.
I don’t understand how a kid who says he’s committed to LSU finds it wise to keep publicly entertaining the coaches and fanbases of other schools that are trying to court him.

It’s going to end up disastrous if he doesn’t maintain a smarter profile, especially in light of the really crappy showing LSU had tonight.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

After watching the Waverly game Friday night, I will have to go with Chillicothe

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:39 pm
I don’t understand how a kid who says he’s committed to LSU finds it wise to keep publicly entertaining the coaches and fanbases of other schools that are trying to court him.

It’s going to end up disastrous if he doesn’t maintain a smarter profile, especially in light of the really crappy showing LSU had tonight.
Huh? You know kids take official visits to other schools after committing, right? Happens all the time every single year. In fact, it’s smart. Keep your options open.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Being that I have no idea why, is there a reason that these two schools don't play each other all the time? Football and Basketball as well.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:59 am Being that I have no idea why, is there a reason that these two schools don't play each other all the time? Football and Basketball as well.
The age old story of the big city school and small country school not wanting wanting to play each other because of competitiveness and league obligations.

Chillicothe was D1 or AAA playing a full conference schedule in the Central Ohio League then Ohio Capital Conference.

Waverly has been small AA or D4, wed to the Southern Ohio Conference.

Now demographic shifts have made the schools closer in enrollment so that competition makes sense.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Omega wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:30 pm
VetteMan wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:59 am Being that I have no idea why, is there a reason that these two schools don't play each other all the time? Football and Basketball as well.
The age old story of the big city school and small country school not wanting wanting to play each other because of competitiveness and league obligations.

Chillicothe was D1 or AAA playing a full conference schedule in the Central Ohio League then Ohio Capital Conference.

Waverly has been small AA or D4, wed to the Southern Ohio Conference.

Now demographic shifts have made the schools closer in enrollment so that competition makes sense.
Thank you. Good explanation.

mackdog
Freshman Team

Post by mackdog »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:37 am
formerfcfan wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:39 pm

Huh? You know kids take official visits to other schools after committing, right? Happens all the time every single year. In fact, it’s smart. Keep your options open.
What schools has he visited since committing to LSU? Just curious. Thanks

Return to “Football”