Ironton 32 - 21 Johnson Central (KY) 2022

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Re: Week 4: (2-1) Johnson Central (KY) @ (3-0) lronton

Post by THEEE_GAME »

TigerTooth wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:36 am These young men will not pin point the blame to any one in particular. These young men are a strong unit and one big family. They are not going to say this player need to improve. They will say we all need to, they love playing ball together and you can tell. None of these boys are selfish, great group of young men and are coached by a great group of coaches. We are lucky as a community to have such a great group of kids and coaches.

With that being said can we do something with the secondary.... Killing us, we go up against a team that throws the long ball all night an have receivers that can make the plays will be hurting....
Many so called adults in this region could learn a lot from them. Well said.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:31 am
frankie wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:36 pm
scott1297 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:48 pm

Sounds like just an excuse in case you lose ? 🤔
Burg fans know excuses. :lol:
That's for sure. 😭 Awful lotta talk from a team who couldn't find the end zone vs Ironton and struggled this past Friday vs a team Raceland hung 50 on.
True dat.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

frankie wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:13 am
THEEE_GAME wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:31 am
frankie wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:36 pm

Burg fans know excuses. :lol:
That's for sure. 😭 Awful lotta talk from a team who couldn't find the end zone vs Ironton and struggled this past Friday vs a team Raceland hung 50 on.
True dat.
No Burg. 👀
Attachments
FB_IMG_1662390228968.jpg

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Harvest Prep is the team to beat in D-5

Burg grad 85
THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

scott1297 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:58 pm Harvest Prep is the team to beat in D-5
Quite possibly.

MyBodyDifferent
Freshman Team

Post by MyBodyDifferent »

biggdowgg wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:19 pm
MyBodyDifferent wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:01 pm
biggdowgg wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:16 pm

JC star running back broke his leg this past Friday,so Ironton more then likely has the advantage there now
You will see JC definitely has more than one RB capable of making big time plays
Just going by the article I read on their website saying their stud running back broke his leg ,along with losing their entire offense line to graduation,but I'm sure they are probably in good shape
I get it but 6 out of the last 7 years they found their way to the state championship I'm sure they have dealt with graduation loss and injuries before they will be fine

*MrFirstTake*
GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

TigerTooth wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:36 am These young men will not pin point the blame to any one in particular. These young men are a strong unit and one big family. They are not going to say this player need to improve. They will say we all need to, they love playing ball together and you can tell. None of these boys are selfish, great group of young men and are coached by a great group of coaches. We are lucky as a community to have such a great group of kids and coaches.

With that being said can we do something with the secondary.... Killing us, we go up against a team that throws the long ball all night an have receivers that can make the plays will be hurting....
So I’ll say it again, it’s a personnel issue. The coaches (the ones at the top pulling the strings) have kids they think highly of and play them when and where they don’t belong. The visiting bleachers at Jackson and again this week at Fairland were abuzz about it so it’s not just a personal opinion. The job is to win here and now, not play kids in hopes they don’t leave next year. Get the best kids on the field.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Re: WK4 (2-1) Johnson Central (KY) @ (3-0) lronton

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Agree h prep is the real deal

Native Blood
JV Team

Post by Native Blood »

I gotta go with JC them hills and holler boys will be too physical for the tigers this year.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming:
"WOW...WHAT A RIDE!!!"
THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

GoBigI wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:33 pm

So I’ll say it again, it’s a personnel issue. The coaches (the ones at the top pulling the strings) have kids they think highly of and play them when and where they don’t belong. The visiting bleachers at Jackson and again this week at Fairland were abuzz about it so it’s not just a personal opinion. The job is to win here and now, not play kids in hopes they don’t leave next year. Get the best kids on the field.
I love the tigers but I low key loathe the fan base. Toxic.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Native Blood wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:02 am I gotta go with JC them hills and holler boys will be too physical for the tigers this year.
I remember last year the Ironton boys DECIMATED them holler boys in the skill challenge. Tug of war was a massacre.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Game will be close coin flip for me. pulling for the Tigers

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Watch the JohnSon Central You Tube Football Channel
They play tenaciously, are very skilled, & HUGE line players across the board.

I hate RB got injured, but tgey will plug another right in.

I’d love to find an accurate roster if some1 can link one on here id truly appreciate it.

Their line play, both sides, blew me away. Very big HS boys & Tigers gotta play top notch, mistake free ball, & stay healthy.

This is the most pivotal game of the year.

#GoTgp

Native Blood
JV Team

Post by Native Blood »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:49 pm Watch the JohnSon Central You Tube Football Channel
They play tenaciously, are very skilled, & HUGE line players across the board.

I hate RB got injured, but tgey will plug another right in.

I’d love to find an accurate roster if some1 can link one on here id truly appreciate it.

Their line play, both sides, blew me away. Very big HS boys & Tigers gotta play top notch, mistake free ball, & stay healthy.

This is the most pivotal game of the year.

#GoTgp
Exactly why I said what I did, They have devoted this season in honor of coach Matney who passed away during the start of the playoffs last year and made it to the finals in Ky 4a last year.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming:
"WOW...WHAT A RIDE!!!"
pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

Some interesting numbers on Johnson Central - the Golden Eagles have rushed for 1,088 yards in three games out of their wishbone attack, having completed just one pass for 45 yards (for a TD). Top running back Carter Conley was injured in JC's 15-14 loss last weekend to 6A North Laurel, which some beat writers referred to as a huge upset and North Laurel's "biggest win" ever. The loss dropped JC from #7 in the all-class KY ratings to out of the Top 25, though the Golden Eagles retained the #4 ranking in Class 4A.

If Conley is unable to go this weekend at the Tank, don't look for any drop-off from the JC rushing attack. Zack McCoart, a 5-10, 185 pound sophomore, has already posted a game of 133 yard on only 8 carries while sharing the backfield with Conley, and JC Coach Jesse Peck claims to have one of JC's deepest backfields ever this season. The Fighting Tigers will have their hands full much like the old hard-hitting rivalry with fellow mountain foe Belfry in years past. Here is a great interview with JC Coach Peck:

Last edited by pembrook burrows III on Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

pembrook burrows III wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:03 pm Some interesting numbers on Johnson Central - the Golden Eagles have rushed for 1,088 yards in three games out of their wishbone attack, having completed just one pass for 45 yards (for a TD). Top running back Carter Conley was injured in JC's upset 14-13 loss last weekend to 6A North Laurel, which some beat writers referred to as a huge upset and North Laurel's "biggest win" ever. The loss dropped JC from #7 in the all-class KY ratings to out of the Top 25, though the Golden Eagles retained the #4 ranking in Class 4A.

If Conley is unable to go this weekend at the Tank, don't look for any drop-off from the JC rushing attack. Zack McCoart, a 5-10, 185 pound sophomore, has already posted a game of 133 yard on only 8 carries while sharing the backfield with Conley, and JC Coach Jesse Peck claims to have one of JC's deepest backfields ever this season. The Fighting Tigers will have their hands full much like the old hard-hitting rivalry with fellow mountain foe Belfry in years past. Here is a great interview with JC Coach Peck:

OK THEN….

We will see what happens when a 3, 4, or 5 headed monster backfield meets another 3.4, or 5 headed monster backfield this Saturday!!!

#GoTgo.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:02 pm
pembrook burrows III wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:03 pm Some interesting numbers on Johnson Central - the Golden Eagles have rushed for 1,088 yards in three games out of their wishbone attack, having completed just one pass for 45 yards (for a TD). Top running back Carter Conley was injured in JC's upset 14-13 loss last weekend to 6A North Laurel, which some beat writers referred to as a huge upset and North Laurel's "biggest win" ever. The loss dropped JC from #7 in the all-class KY ratings to out of the Top 25, though the Golden Eagles retained the #4 ranking in Class 4A.

OK THEN….

We will see what happens when a 3, 4, or 5 headed monster backfield meets another 3.4, or 5 headed monster backfield this Saturday!!!

#GoTgo.
They are good size kids and run a bit of an older slower but powerful style. I think Irontons speed may bother them. They dont seem to have a lot of speed.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:09 pm

OK THEN….

#GoTgo.
They are good size kids and run a bit of an older slower but powerful style. I think Irontons speed may bother them. They dont seem to have a lot of speed.
It will be a pivotal game health wise for IHS To go up against the size of these boys from K-Y.

I could not tell how their level of speed affected the outcome of their games on vids i watched. They just looked tenacious & flew to the ball & stopped oppising offenses quickly in my eye.

Thanls for your insight.
Tigers gotta play 4 qrtrs of balanced offense, up tempo, & mistake free at that.
I think D will get into JC backfoeld & unless JC can bring sn accurate air attack. Tiger D should be able to keep this one interesting & i feel Pendleton has been worning on the mix of plays/ers to get this “W” up to this point in last 3-games.

JC will be looking to upset IHS in own classic as the night cap.

Will mytown air these games or IHS GAME on FB page???
ANY1?

#GoTgo

Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by Carmen Ohio »

GoBigI wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:33 pm

Who should be getting more time on defense? Who should they replace?

Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by Carmen Ohio »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:49 am
THEEE_GAME wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:09 pm

It will be a pivotal game health wise for IHS To go up against the size of these boys from K-Y.

I could not tell how their level of speed affected the outcome of their games on vids i watched. They just looked tenacious & flew to the ball & stopped oppising offenses quickly in my eye.

Thanls for your insight.
Tigers gotta play 4 qrtrs of balanced offense, up tempo, & mistake free at that.
I think D will get into JC backfoeld & unless JC can bring sn accurate air attack. Tiger D should be able to keep this one interesting & i feel Pendleton has been worning on the mix of plays/ers to get this “W” up to this point in last 3-games.

JC will be looking to upset IHS in own classic as the night cap.

Will mytown air these games or IHS GAME on FB page???
ANY1?

#GoTgo
It appears the games will only be streamed on Flo Sports, a subscription based service. I think you can pay $20 for a month and see all the games but you will have to remember to cancel the subscription.

Return to “Football”