Ironton 32 - 21 Johnson Central (KY) 2022

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Re: WK4 (2-1) Johnson Central (KY) @ (3-0) lronton

Post by THEEE_GAME »

I think I would like to see Ironton begin their offense by leaning on and trying to establish the run moreso than trying to mix things up in the passing game early saturday night. Ironton isn't as big up front vs JC, but they are faster and more athletic and did a solid job in their 1st three weeks up front vs pretty solid competition. I want them to be patient and pound on JC a little early with Keys and maybe even Carter, and then exploit JCs lack of team speed on the edge with Felder, Wilson, Terry, Pitts, Perkins, Martin, Young, and Thacker. And play action and the opportunity for Carpenter, Perkins, Pitts & co to take the top off of the JC secondary is going to be there. It is just going to require a bit of patience. I have watched JC film. They are extremely succeptible in the secondary and in the open field. Tough, old school approach, but they are a step slow and can be exploited if done the right way.
Last edited by THEEE_GAME on Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scott1297
All Conference

Re: Week 4: (2-1) Johnson Central (KY) @ (3-0) lronton

Post by scott1297 »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:17 am
frankie wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:13 am
THEEE_GAME wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:31 am

That's for sure. 😭 Awful lotta talk from a team who couldn't find the end zone vs Ironton and struggled this past Friday vs a team Raceland hung 50 on.
True dat.
No Burg. 👀
Someone found those state ranking in a cracker Jax box that's no where near Drew Pastuers D5 state ranking and he is way more respectable been doing it for decades

Burg grad 85
THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

scott1297 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:28 pm
frankie wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:13 am

True dat.
No Burg. 👀
Someone found those state ranking in a cracker Jax box that's no where near Drew Pastuers D5 state ranking and he is way more respectable been doing it for decades
I see Maxpreps has HP @ #1 & Ironton @ #2

Burg comes in @ #13

https://www.maxpreps.com/oh/football/22 ... 50c2718426

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:24 pm

No Burg. 👀

Burg comes in @ #13

Why are you so concerned about where Wheelersburg is and what they are doing? This is an Ironton/Johnson Central thread! Please stick to the topic.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

a_c_m wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:35 pm

Burg comes in @ #13

Why are you so concerned about where Wheelersburg is and what they are doing? This is an Ironton/Johnson Central thread! Please stick to the topic.

There's that tried and true emotional response these threads are so known for. Take it easy guy. It's just a link not a 🍆..

I included them cause they are next highest in area. Hope ya day gets better.

Fairland comes in next a few behind burg. Also, scroll up. Just commented per game.

Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by Carmen Ohio »

Joe Eitel’s are the only rankings with any meaning whatsoever.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Carmen Ohio wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:26 pm Joe Eitel’s are the only rankings with any meaning whatsoever.
Joe Eitel has Ironton at #1. Prep at #2.

Burg comes in at #8

http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/region.j ... &year=2022

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

No Burg. 👀

Burg comes in @ #13

Thats more like it

Burg grad 85
fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Irontons linebackers will get a workout in this game they will need to be focused as will the safeties.
I believe the D-line will be ready for this battle of Titans.
This game won't make or break Ironton but it will give them a true test against a very strong team turnovers will be key for both teams.
If Ironton plays smart football they win by 2 scores if they turn the ball over and commit silly penalties they will win by 3.
Or even lose by 3 JC is a well coached team that knows what they do and they do it well.

Rams
Waterboy

Post by Rams »

Fortunately for Ironton they know when to pick teams up. Seen JC teams play many times. This is not remotely close to the JC teams of the past 5 years.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Rams wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:54 pm Fortunately for Ironton they know when to pick teams up. Seen JC teams play many times. This is not remotely close to the JC teams of the past 5 years.
I think about 7 years ago Raceland wanted to schedule Ironton on their down year and Ironton agreed with a 3 year contract and then Raceland turned it down. They just wanted Tigers on the down year

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

BigSpoon wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:26 am
Rams wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:54 pm Fortunately for Ironton they know when to pick teams up. Seen JC teams play many times. This is not remotely close to the JC teams of the past 5 years.
I think about 7 years ago Raceland wanted to schedule Ironton on their down year and Ironton agreed with a 3 year contract and then Raceland turned it down. They just wanted Tigers on the down year
That's why the OVC allowed Ironton in they was down and looking to get no better.
They all saw wins and gate money now look at them.
Teams schedule for wins in most times others for competition to hopefully prepare them for the postseason.
JC may be down compared to past years but they are still a tough team and will be making noise in the postseason themselves

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Yes. This staff is mastered the art of scheduling. They caught Moeller at the right time. The year they are one play away from state championship. They also drop Russell for a Jackson team that would beat Russell every year. SMH 🤦‍♂️

Native Blood
JV Team

Post by Native Blood »

JC is coming to play they have been rallying behind the team at activities during school this week according to a buddy that teaches in the district. Even without their pounding running back they have 5 backs that are quite talented. This will be good one. Jc has outscored their opponents 107-41 in 3 games and have 3 running backs with100+ yd games.They are having Kona ice at the high school tomorrow, They are only serving tiger blood flavor. Glad to see the community support after losing coach Matney last season. Good luck to both teams should be a real slobber knocker. After watching game footage of both teams this should be a dandy. The team that wants it the most and has the most heart will get the W.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming:
"WOW...WHAT A RIDE!!!"
THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Now this I find interesting, mainly because so many here have characterized them as a powerhouse this season. Feel free to elaborate more. I have watched JC a handful of times over the years, I watched them play Capital when Capital had Kerry Martin ( wvu/akron), Kerion Martin ( marshall) and a couple other really good atheletes ( 2018 ish) and it was pretty consistent with what I have always observed about JC. Powerful and big, but honestly as a team a bit slow. Capital and JC had a home and away series and split. Capital in both however had a lot of success exploiting JC being slow to the edge, and slow in the secondary and in the open field and their offensive approach is effective, but it is pretty one dimensional. I'm interested in what you have seen this season in comparison to the last few seasons. JC wanted to use their size and kinda bully Cap, but Cap while being smaller up front, was simply faster off the ball in both matchups.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironton at home. Refs get paid. lol

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

wobycat wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:39 pm Ironton at home. Refs get paid. lol
Citations needed. Lol

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Looks like Raceland will have an upcoming open date starting next season since Russell is dropping them. No time like the present for the Rams to schedule them.

Sidenote: why does Russell tend to do that so much?

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

fielddaddy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:55 am
That's why the OVC allowed Ironton in they was down and looking to get no better.
Teams schedule for wins in most times others for competition to hopefully prepare them for the postseason.
JC may be down compared to past years but they are still a tough team and will be making noise in the postseason themselves
I have one impression of the ovc with the exclusion of Ironton, Fairland and Portsmouth.

Underwhelming cry babies.

Necessity is necessity and I get the need per every other sport. But as far as football goes, the games against CG, RH, SP, Peake, and Gallia are jv games. They truly do more harm than good to Ironton as far as preparing for post season play because of how the schedule sets up. 1st 4 games are the meat of the schedule ( ooc play) then Fairland, then it is a lull until maybe Portsmout. OVC play ultimately results in lopsided games and decreased reps for the starters. It's almost like a sedative. Then you get to the post season and often have to start over and refocus. As bad as it is insinuated that the rest of the ovc members want Ironton out, I wouldn't see much change for the league if that were to happen. That just means Fairland takes over and dominates it every season. Maybe a trade here & there with the Trojans. The only substantive change for an Ironton less ovc would be less interest and smaller gates. Quite honestly, without Ironton, as football goes, the ovc is irrelevant.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:08 pm
fielddaddy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:55 am

I have one impression of the ovc with the exclusion of Ironton, Fairland and Portsmouth.

Underwhelming cry babies.

Necessity is necessity and I get the need per every other sport. But as far as football goes, the games against CG, RH, SP, Peake, and Gallia are jv games. They truly do more harm than good to Ironton as far as preparing for post season play because of how the schedule sets up. 1st 4 games are the meat of the schedule ( ooc play) then Fairland, then it is a lull until maybe Portsmout. OVC play ultimately results in lopsided games and decreased reps for the starters. It's almost like a sedative. Then you get to the post season and often have to start over and refocus. As bad as it is insinuated that the rest of the ovc members want Ironton out, I wouldn't see much change for the league if that were to happen. That just means Fairland takes over and dominates it every season. Maybe a trade here & there with the Trojans. The only substantive change for an Ironton less ovc would be less interest and smaller gates. Quite honestly, without Ironton, as football goes, the ovc is irrelevant.
I agree to an extent but most OVC schools was on the fence with letting Ironton in.
They saw Ironton was down looked to be falling off their perch.
Pendleton put a stop to that.
Now Ironton looks to be the oasis in the dessert kind of scene with Ironton winning with transfers and coaching.
They right now are the spot to be at for a high school kid in some parents eyes.
And they are working hard to improve their facilities for all sports not just football.
Does Ironton need to be in the OVC for football no and I expect sooner than later they no longer will be.
As for other sports I fear they will become collateral damage in this process and if so then Ironton needs to make a statement and rid all their scheduling of OVC schools that don not want Ironton in at all.
And it is more than just Coal Grove that wants this.
only the kids lose out here and schools gate money will suffer but in today's world that don't seem to matter

Return to “Football”