Ashland (KY) 7 - 49 Wheelersburg 2022

art_vandelay
SE

Re: Week 4 Wheelersburg @ Ashland

Post by art_vandelay »

MrPerfect wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:59 pm Burg’s Freshman QB is they guy going forward, but I think they will continue to ease him in and I look for him to take over mid season if he’s ready. He is the only chance to have a balance offense and make a run come playoff time. Kid has a ton of pressure on him.
I would be very surprised if the freshman takes over this season. I think you'll continue to see him get some snaps in obvious throwing situations like last Friday, but Jones has already shown that he capable of leading Burg deep into the playoffs. Rucker for sure the guy next year though, and it will be exciting to watch him develop over the next 3 seasons.*

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Re: WK4 Wheelersburg (2-1) @ Ashland ky

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Rucker isn't ready yet physically. Definitely threw some good balls Friday at the end of the half. Burg just looked lethargic, hate to play the "they overlooked them" card, but coming off the 2 games prior, it sure seemed that way. One thing that remains constant for this team is Glover is the heart and soul. He and Hutch seemed to be the only ones with a pulse out there. Hopefully get Darling back this week on the defensive side, and find more of a rhythm on offense.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:38 am Rucker isn't ready yet physically. Definitely threw some good balls Friday at the end of the half. Burg just looked lethargic, hate to play the "they overlooked them" card, but coming off the 2 games prior, it sure seemed that way. One thing that remains constant for this team is Glover is the heart and soul. He and Hutch seemed to be the only ones with a pulse out there. Hopefully get Darling back this week on the defensive side, and find more of a rhythm on offense.
Good way to get him injured early in his career. Maybe a sign of some desperation on offense if he gets the nod. Ashland seen an awful prolific QB1 vs GW. I think its gonna be a game friday.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:38 am Rucker isn't ready yet physically. Definitely threw some good balls Friday at the end of the half. Burg just looked lethargic, hate to play the "they overlooked them" card, but coming off the 2 games prior, it sure seemed that way. One thing that remains constant for this team is Glover is the heart and soul. He and Hutch seemed to be the only ones with a pulse out there. Hopefully get Darling back this week on the defensive side, and find more of a rhythm on offense.
I would be more inclined to say Glover is the spark plug, Hutch is Rah Rah guy but the Heart and Soul of this team is the Oline and Dline without question...agree about Rucker being a year away

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Will my town stream the game ?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

burg finds a way

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Go Burg and I happened to talk to a couple Guys from Russel after the game Friday on my way out and they struck up a conversation with me telling me how that was a totally different Russel team they said that certain players were playing new positions and they were running some new stuff but who knows a win is a win and good luck against Ashland GO BURG

Burg grad 85
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

scott1297 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:25 pm Go Burg and I happened to talk to a couple Guys from Russel after the game Friday on my way out and they struck up a conversation with me telling me how that was a totally different Russel team they said that certain players were playing new positions and they were running some new stuff but who knows a win is a win and good luck against Ashland GO BURG
Sign of a good coach. Time will tell if it pays off for them.

Rams
Waterboy

Post by Rams »

Just watched the Wheelersburg Russell game again. Why Wheelersburg ever comes out of that 2 back set is beyond me. Also 24 should have at least 25 touches a game. They went to the 2 back set against Ironton and ran over them and then decided to get back into the spread. If it works don’t fix it.

SPelf
Freshman Team

Post by SPelf »

Rams wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:51 pm Just watched the Wheelersburg Russell game again. Why Wheelersburg ever comes out of that 2 back set is beyond me. Also 24 should have at least 25 touches a game. They went to the 2 back set against Ironton and ran over them and then decided to get back into the spread. If it works don’t fix it.
I would imagine it's a little of trying to figure what does and does not work. Still a young season. But I totally agree, that 2 back set is lethal and if you are getting 4-8 yards a pop then why change? Some of it would have to be trying to get Eli comfortable spreading things out, cause at some point, you are going to have to be able to score quick and breaking off a 75yarder up the middle on a power run isn't your best contingency plan.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Rams wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:51 pm Just watched the Wheelersburg Russell game again. Why Wheelersburg ever comes out of that 2 back set is beyond me. Also 24 should have at least 25 touches a game. They went to the 2 back set against Ironton and ran over them and then decided to get back into the spread. If it works don’t fix it.
A defense can scheme better against a two back set with more numbers in the box. 2nd and long for a running team is not good so I think burg coaches are trying to find out how to keep the defense from doing so by getting their QB to pass some. Hopefully they can find a balance, to help him out. Keep in mind they have scored a lot in the last two games so I think it’s going to get better

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Hard to believe a Burg/Ashland matchup isn't more exciting. Not a lot of chatter a day away.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Any streaming of the game ?

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

I think Ashland wins this 20-13 just because it’s in Ashland.
Rooting for Burg to win but man Ashlands refs know how to do some serious home cooking over there lol

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

callie15 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:32 am Any streaming of the game ?
https://youtube.com/c/MyTownTVHD

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

I look for coach Burgs coaching staff to get an unsportsmanlike penalty at some point in tonight's game if the refs are as bad as everyone is saying that's my prediction lol

Burg grad 85
SPelf
Freshman Team

Post by SPelf »

I'm wearing burg orange and sitting on the Tomcat side with my girlfriend who is an Ashland grad. If I had a milk jug I'd gladly be the only one on that side just shaking away. Gonna be great lol

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Wheelersburg big!!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Wheelersburg wins 31-14. Ashland will keep it close for awhile, but Burg running game wears them down in 2nd half.*

Itown1959
Waterboy

Post by Itown1959 »

Will this game be streaming somewhere?

Return to “Football”