Eastern Meigs 12 - 7 Notre Dame 2022

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK4 Notre Dame (1-2) @ Eastern Meigs (3-0)

Post by noreply66 »

06/00 Eastern

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

Give it to the Phillips kid to take the beating… typical.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

QB footwork is horrendous.. coaches kid.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

12/00

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Ok, 2 big take away from this game.

1. Why do you run the ball on your own 30 with 35 seconds left in the half? Who gets the blame? The coach that called the play or the player that fumbled? Led to the first Eagles TD!

2. Time to move Cassidy to QB! Daddy won’t let that happen!

“Another close game by ND”…..horrible!!

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Long drive home for this?

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

Two good D’S !

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:18 pm Ok, 2 big take away from this game.

1. Why do you run the ball on your own 30 with 35 seconds left in the half? Who gets the blame? The coach that called the play or the player that fumbled? Led to the first Eagles TD!

ND Kingrey is your QB, why hasn’t anyone figured this out by now?

WWE HALL OF FAME
art_vandelay
SE

Re: Eastern Meigs 12 - 7 Notre Dame 2022

Post by art_vandelay »

Still think ND ends up at least 6-4 and in playoffs.*

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:12 am Still think ND ends up at least 6-4 and in playoffs.*
4-6 maybe.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

MrPerfect wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:28 am
RiverBallFan1 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:18 pm Ok, 2 big take away from this game.

Better than the current starter, but not better than Cassidy.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:31 am

I’ve always thought that ND needed to do a better job at recruiting.
But here lately it seems they have become a place for students who can’t cut it at other schools. I mean they can legally recruit players, but for some reason choose not too, We’ll in Football that is =)

WWE HALL OF FAME
Leviticus
Riding the Bench

Post by Leviticus »

MrPerfect wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:11 pm

But here lately it seems they have become a place for students who can’t cut it at other schools. I mean they can legally recruit players, but for some reason choose not too, We’ll in Football that is =)
ND cannot recruit!! Private schools follow the same guidelines from OHSAA as public schools. No recruiting and transfers have to sit if they don’t move into the school district.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

More like the other schools can’t cut it in the eyes of the Ohio Department of Education (EdChoice.)

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

Ashes.. is consistent in his losing ways. ND recruits just like everyone else. ND could possibly end up 4-6 or worse. The moral will come into play from here on out. Ashes made the radio show.He is a predictable in what he will say on there as he is with his play calls.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

Leviticus wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:26 pm

ND cannot recruit!! Private schools follow the same guidelines from OHSAA as public schools. No recruiting and transfers have to sit if they don’t move into the school district.
Okay lol. Could you explain what would be ND school district?

WWE HALL OF FAME
Leviticus
Riding the Bench

Post by Leviticus »

MrPerfect wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:58 pm
Leviticus wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:26 pm

Okay lol. Could you explain what would be ND school district?
ND school district is the same as Portsmouth city school district

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

You can not win games turning the ball over. Blame it on the coaches for not getting the players prepared and blame it on the players for the mistakes.
Last nights game you can blame it on the coaches, players and even some crappy officiating (especially towards the end of the game when two players jump and catch it at the same time but as they are coming down and before either player hits the ground
Cambell for ND clearly has possession of the ball around Easterns 25 and they rule it an interception for Eastern) I am not saying ND derserved to win the game the way they played but it sure would have been nice for the refs not take their chance of winning away from on the long drive they were on to possibly score and win the game. But if ND dont fumble twice inside Easterns 30 or fumble inside their own 20 right 30 seconds before half instead of just taking a knee and going into half tied at 0-0. Eastern defense was good their offense not that great they beat ND on two plays. A 20 yard pass right before half after a fumble and a 79 yard run to the 1 right up the middle just like the other two team that beat ND did. It was very painful to watch.
ND has player and coaching problems. Players that are suppose to be super star studs that give no effort, other players that if they are not getting the ball they don’t have to block and players that quite frankly are just as good if not better than some that are out there that should be substituting in giving the other players breaks because by the second half they are gassed!! There is no discipline on that team which takes both coaches and players. Your head coach needs to be on the sidelines for various reason, if it was something that worked you would see a lot of coaches doing it but you don’t.
I would like to see them going 6-0 or 5-1 the rest of the way but I could they could also go 3-3 to finish out the season if they don’t straighten things up. Guess we will see what will happens….

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

BillyBob21 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:54 pm You can not win games turning the ball over. Blame it on the coaches for not getting the players prepared and blame it on the players for the mistakes.
Last nights game you can blame it on the coaches, players and even some crappy officiating (especially towards the end of the game when two players jump and catch it at the same time but as they are coming down and before either player hits the ground
Cambell for ND clearly has possession of the ball around Easterns 25 and they rule it an interception for Eastern) I am not saying ND derserved to win the game the way they played but it sure would have been nice for the refs not take their chance of winning away from on the long drive they were on to possibly score and win the game. But if ND dont fumble twice inside Easterns 30 or fumble inside their own 20 right 30 seconds before half instead of just taking a knee and going into half tied at 0-0. Eastern defense was good their offense not that great they beat ND on two plays. A 20 yard pass right before half after a fumble and a 79 yard run to the 1 right up the middle just like the other two team that beat ND did. It was very painful to watch.
ND has player and coaching problems. Players that are suppose to be super star studs that give no effort, other players that if they are not getting the ball they don’t have to block and players that quite frankly are just as good if not better than some that are out there that should be substituting in giving the other players breaks because by the second half they are gassed!! There is no discipline on that team which takes both coaches and players. Your head coach needs to be on the sidelines for various reason, if it was something that worked you would see a lot of coaches doing it but you don’t.
I would like to see them going 6-0 or 5-1 the rest of the way but I could they could also go 3-3 to finish out the season if they don’t straighten things up. Guess we will see what will happens….
Ashes himself said the practices were poor quality. No discipline and no leadership. The rest of the season could be disastrous because ND has the talent to win out. Coaching will keep them from it.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Bottom line is everyone recruits. Obviously, others do it better than ND. True comment on players that can’t cut it at other schools. Daddy ball is still horrible and coaching is lacking. Integrity is also an issue. Players getting a one game suspension when they should actually be expelled…ESPECIALLY at ND.
To address another post within mine, the coach is in the press box because of two reasons. One, he can’t take the constant barrage of criticism from the stands, Two, he is so foul mouthed with the refs it saves on penalties!

Return to “Football”