Warren 28 - 61 Fort Frye 2022

Mydogskippy
Waterboy

Re: WK5 WARREN VS FORT FRYE

Post by Mydogskippy »

Fort Frye. They won’t be tested until week 12-13.

WWarriors10
Waterboy

Post by WWarriors10 »

We are very young but you have to learn to win games like last night with young guys. Instead we tell everyone how young we are and have a great season every 4 years like when Taylor and Gandee’s senior year. You have to win those close games and be competitive against teams like Fort with young guys. Can’t keep making excuses about being young. I do think we are very talented but building a power program in the future worries me.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:51 am
mattash wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:34 am Thoughts?
Some Past Meetings
Date Home Results Away Time
September 17, 2021 Fort Frye 33 - 7 Warren 7:00 pm
September 4, 2020 Warren 20 - 27 Fort Frye 7:30 pm
September 15, 2017 Fort Frye 50 - 6 Warren 7:30 pm
Warren is just way too young this year. Warren has like 5 sophomores on D. They will compete but this game will be another learning curve and a blueprint on what you need to do to become an elite program.
What do you mean by compete? This will be running clock and could get very very ugly unless FF coaches call off the dogs.

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

WWarriors10 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:45 pm We are very young but you have to learn to win games like last night with young guys. Instead we tell everyone how young we are and have a great season every 4 years like when Taylor and Gandee’s senior year. You have to win those close games and be competitive against teams like Fort with young guys. Can’t keep making excuses about being young. I do think we are very talented but building a power program in the future worries me.
Being young can be an excuse when you start freshmen and sophomores against 18 year olds. Logan had 15 seniors on their roster. Warren won’t see that in 5-6 years. Re-building your program every 3-5 years because of coaching changes can be a huge excuse too. As for the Taylor-Gandee stuff, I’m tired of hearing that. They beat 7 teams with losing records their “senior” year.

WWarriors10
Waterboy

Post by WWarriors10 »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:40 pm [quote=WWarriors10 post_id=2016740 time=<a href="tel:1662857134">1662857134</a> user_id=19642]
We are very young but you have to learn to win games like last night with young guys. Instead we tell everyone how young we are and have a great season every 4 years like when Taylor and Gandee’s senior year. You have to win those close games and be competitive against teams like Fort with young guys. Can’t keep making excuses about being young. I do think we are very talented but building a power program in the future worries me.
Being young can be an excuse when you start freshmen and sophomores against 18 year olds. Logan had 15 seniors on their roster. Warren won’t see that in 5-6 years. Re-building your program every 3-5 years because of coaching changes can be a huge excuse too. As for the Taylor-Gandee stuff, I’m tired of hearing that. They beat 7 teams with losing records their “senior” year.
[/quote]
I do not disagree with you on the coaching changes. I don’t understand how a new coach can come in and change a program when. All the assistance from the past are still on staff! How can expect 1 coach to come in and change the mindsets of not only his players but his coaches. Twice the work. No wonder Day, and Kimes left IMO

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:40 pm
WWarriors10 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:45 pm We are very young but you have to learn to win games like last night with young guys. Instead we tell everyone how young we are and have a great season every 4 years like when Taylor and Gandee’s senior year. You have to win those close games and be competitive against teams like Fort with young guys. Can’t keep making excuses about being young. I do think we are very talented but building a power program in the future worries me.
I mean, Warren was losing to teams with losing records for the better part of 20 years; not sure what you want?

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

WWarriors10 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:01 am
Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:40 pm [quote=WWarriors10 post_id=2016740 time=<a href="tel:1662857134">1662857134</a> user_id=19642]
I do not disagree with you on the coaching changes. I don’t understand how a new coach can come in and change a program when. All the assistance from the past are still on staff! How can expect 1 coach to come in and change the mindsets of not only his players but his coaches. Twice the work. No wonder Day, and Kimes left IMO
[/quote]

Hit the nail on the head.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:08 pm
[/quote]
With your vast knowledge of the game, I’m sure you’d be a welcome addition. Day left because his college alma mater job came open and offered him over triple the money. Kimes left to go back to a program like PHS as an alum. If you want to do this, know what you’re talking about to begin with.

WWarriors10
Waterboy

Post by WWarriors10 »

beg003 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:34 pm

With your vast knowledge of the game, I’m sure you’d be a welcome addition. Day left because his college alma mater job came open and offered him over triple the money. Kimes left to go back to a program like PHS as an alum. If you want to do this, know what you’re talking about to begin with.
[/quote]

Right so we hire another outsider that moves back here so he can leave in 3-5 years to go back to his alma mater. It is a endless trend at this point. But the next guy will be the one I am sure of it. Our community, fans, and kids deserve better.

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

WWarriors10 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:46 am
Right so we hire another outsider that moves back here so he can leave in 3-5 years to go back to his alma mater. It is a endless trend at this point. But the next guy will be the one I am sure of it. Our community, fans, and kids deserve better.
[/quote]

3-5 years is really stretching it. I’m betting 3-5 months.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Man…the Warrior fans are already done with this new coach 😬

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:03 am

3-5 years is really stretching it. I’m betting 3-5 months.
[/quote]
I understand you’ve likely never talked to Coach Peyton and that’s okay. I think you might find his intended long term plans are different than what you want to think. Ironton isn’t coming open anytime soon. Do you want to go back to the Fish or Carver era? If not, I’d reevaluate your complaining. As for bringing in an outsider, that “outsider” played for the best program in southeast Ohio and went to a state title game as their starting qb. What Warren guy can match that? I’ll wait for your list. Warren football needs outside guys from good programs who have been successful. I’d give him more than 4 games with a glorified jv team before we start calling for heads.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

On one hand you lament that all the same local assistants are still on staff and on the other hand you lament hiring outsiders. Point blank, who would you hire as head coach and what staff would you put together? Are there specific people that were overlooked in the hiring process with which you take issue?

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

enigmaax wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:57 am

On one hand you lament that all the same local assistants are still on staff and on the other hand you lament hiring outsiders. Point blank, who would you hire as head coach and what staff would you put together? Are there specific people that were overlooked in the hiring process with which you take issue?
I second this motion.

96Champ
Riding the Bench

Post by 96Champ »

[/quote]

It's A wonder why Warren as sufferd in the past because all of you think your great coachs but yet NONE OF YOU SEEM NOT TO APPLY??? Watching Warren the last few years its not always the coachs it's the kids Not buying in because they are too concerned about being with friends or staying at home on their ps4 , what I'm sick of this community is the complaining and what didn't they do that or this.... Well maybe if you had an inside look inside the program and not outside you get a better understanding. If you guys want it to change THEN APPLY TO BE A ASSISTANT COACH! or just shut up and support these boys. Maybe some coachs have stayed because they love what they do and buy into what Peyton is trying to do. Support the program and these boys who are trying to make their mark. But if they all mighty bleacher coachs have a better idea then go meet with Coach Peyton... As for me I'll wish him nothing but the best and just sit and watch

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

When Warren gets their defense figured out, they’ll be better. 2 of 3 games they lost could’ve been won with better play on defense. I’ve seen some film. Linebackers blitz too much and miss tackles. Their corners don’t cover well at crucial times either. That’s an ingredient for losing football games. So instead of 1-3 they could easily be 3-1 and nobody would be complaining. Fix the defense and a lot of the complaining will go away.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:41 am When Warren gets their defense figured out, they’ll be better. 2 of 3 games they lost could’ve been won with better play on defense. I’ve seen some film. Linebackers blitz too much and miss tackles. Their corners don’t cover well at crucial times either. That’s an ingredient for losing football games. So instead of 1-3 they could easily be 3-1 and nobody would be complaining. Fix the defense and a lot of the complaining will go away.
All of our DBs have to have their parents pick them up from practice because none of them are old enough to drive. They’re 15 years old. They won’t be that way forever. I understand what you’re saying and some things could definitely be better. But to expect boys to compete with young men with no discernible difference is asking for disappointment.

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

beg003 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:56 am
Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:41 am When Warren gets their defense figured out, they’ll be better. 2 of 3 games they lost could’ve been won with better play on defense. I’ve seen some film. Linebackers blitz too much and miss tackles. Their corners don’t cover well at crucial times either. That’s an ingredient for losing football games. So instead of 1-3 they could easily be 3-1 and nobody would be complaining. Fix the defense and a lot of the complaining will go away.
All of our DBs have to have their parents pick them up from practice because none of them are old enough to drive. They’re 15 years old. They won’t be that way forever. I understand what you’re saying and some things could definitely be better. But to expect boys to compete with young men with no discernible difference is asking for disappointment.

Now begg, I was told youth can’t be an excuse. So wrong answer. Haha

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:02 am

It may be wrong in your mind but it’s a fact so do with it what you will.

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

beg003 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:11 am
Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:02 am

It may be wrong in your mind but it’s a fact so do with it what you will.

I’ve said youth from the start is a big problem. Pretty sure I’ve said, let them grow some. It’s just hard to believe a D4 Ohio program is starting as many sophomores as Warren does. Hopefully they stay in the program and develop and don’t get discouraged.

Return to “Football”