Vinton County 42 - 6 Meigs 2022

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK4 Meigs (1-2) @ Vinton County (1-2)

Post by noreply66 »

42/06

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
The County Resident
Riding the Bench

Post by The County Resident »

Glad to see VC finally figuring out some of their offense. Finally attacking a defense in different ways.

Auntyjp
Waterboy

Post by Auntyjp »

MarauderMadness wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:21 am Glad to see you getting on board fanatic! This new offense is really starting to roll. We average 42 a game the last two weeks and I can see the vikes beating us in the track meet that is coming tonight.
Glad they left that new play book at home

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Vikings a missed FG away from being 3-1. Great win tonight. Offense is playing well. Athens is up next.

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

Auntyjp wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:14 pm
MarauderMadness wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:21 am Glad to see you getting on board fanatic! This new offense is really starting to roll. We average 42 a game the last two weeks and I can see the vikes beating us in the track meet that is coming tonight.
It's hard to score when every long play gets called back by the refs. Just wait until we get them at our place next year. We'll get them back with our own refs.

I know, I was D1 fellas
Albundy33
Freshman Team

Re: Vinton County 42 - 6 Meigs 2022

Post by Albundy33 »

Those officials are sent to the school not picked by the school the tvc sets officials but I’m sure one or two plays would of made a difference
To me this game wasn’t even close but d1 I guess you can see it how you want good luck the rest of the year get you some more wins and stay health

Meigsrises
Waterboy

Post by Meigsrises »

*D1* wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:31 am
Auntyjp wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:14 pm
It's hard to score when every long play gets called back by the refs. Just wait until we get them at our place next year. We'll get them back with our own refs.
Meigs needs to look for other options as the starting quarterback, the kid they have now can be good next year and gives 100%, but right now he makes too many mistakes.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Meigs got out played in all areas of the game. One of the worse games I ever seen Meigs play.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

itsme wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:05 pm Meigs got out played in all areas of the game. One of the worse games I ever seen Meigs play.
It was them dang mcarthur refs. I bet they let Kenny Bix call the game. Everyone knows he is so liquored up he can’t see straight. Plus I bet if you asked D1 they prolly ran plays we hadn’t seen again. Seems like a strategy these young coaches use. Let us prep for a certain offense and then the opponent runs something different in the game. We need a rule about that.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

MarauderMadness wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:24 pm
itsme wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:05 pm Meigs got out played in all areas of the game. One of the worse games I ever seen Meigs play.
It was them dang mcarthur refs. I bet they let Kenny Bix call the game. Everyone knows he is so liquored up he can’t see straight. Plus I bet if you asked D1 they prolly ran plays we hadn’t seen again. Seems like a strategy these young coaches use. Let us prep for a certain offense and then the opponent runs something different in the game. We need a rule about that.
Grow up! vinton county ran the same plays they've been running for the past couple of years. Tennant just single handily doesn't know what he is doing and isn't the right man for the job.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Sorry was not the ref's--- just bad football-- Meigs is way down this year

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

vcgrad wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:41 am Sorry was not the ref's--- just bad football-- Meigs is way down this year
Meigs is awful.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Pat wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:58 am
vcgrad wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:41 am Sorry was not the ref's--- just bad football-- Meigs is way down this year
Meigs is awful.
Meigs head Coach is awful, get those players with any other coach in the tvc and the outcome of these games would be much different, tennant looks lost out there and then wants to put all the blame on the kids for his crappy play calling and lack of being able to make adjustments. Meigs Board really needs to make a change and fast before there is no longer a football program at meigs either

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:58 pm
Meigs is awful.
Meigs head Coach is awful, get those players with any other coach in the tvc and the outcome of these games would be much different, tennant looks lost out there and then wants to put all the blame on the kids for his crappy play calling and lack of being able to make adjustments. Meigs Board really needs to make a change and fast before there is no longer a football program at meigs either
I read a few posts about that guy being some kind of offensive guru. Is that not the case? Maybe they could get NFL back at the helm. He wasn't very good either but he was about .500 record wise wasn't he?

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Pat wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:05 pm

Meigs is awful.
I read a few posts about that guy being some kind of offensive guru. Is that not the case? Maybe they could get NFL back at the helm. He wasn't very good either but he was about .500 record wise wasn't he?
Definitely not the case, and correct bartrum was around the .500 area but he could do so much better over the past 5 years with the talent tennant has had

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:40 pm

Definitely not the case, and correct bartrum was around the .500 area but he could do so much better over the past 5 years with the talent tennant has had
I am not buying it that Tennant has much more talent than NFL had. If so they would be winning more games in spite of the coaching. It seems to me though that Meigs allows coaches to stick around as long as they want. Maybe the admin knows the talent isn't there so why fire the coach? Who knows.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Pat wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:46 pm
Tvcfanatic wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:40 pm

I am not buying it that Tennant has much more talent than NFL had. If so they would be winning more games in spite of the coaching. It seems to me though that Meigs allows coaches to stick around as long as they want. Maybe the admin knows the talent isn't there so why fire the coach? Who knows.
Trust me tennant has had much more talent over the last 5 years than bartrum ever got to coach, go to a full season of meigs games and come back and see if you don't agree with me and many other meigs fans on how bad of a coach tennant really is. They can't win games spite the coaching because when the players try to suggest a play because they see a hole in the defense he tells them no and uf they change the play in the huddle anyways and gain 20 yards on the play he reams their ass and sits them

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

it's not only coaches. you can tell most players don't have heart to play just go thru the motions

Return to “Football”