Re: South Point @ Ironton

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Ironton can pick the score

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

Oh my! Cry me a flipping river. Get over yourself tiger fans! Woby is right, you guys pat your back how great you are in football but over half of your offense and defense production is from other schools and now you’re above the Ovc? I mean don’t you guys have south points lineman? Give him back and maybe lowly south point will be better equipped to compete with the untouchable tigers. I get it. Ironton does this and does that for recruiting, whatever. But don’t act like you’re some superior program when you get outside help.

RRX.2020
Waterboy

Post by RRX.2020 »

It's funny how people go on and on about kids moving to Ironton to play Football and how they must have to be recruiting them.
most people on this site don't even know these kids or why they moved to the district. But if a kid wants to further their education and play football
Ironton is the place for them to be.

Go Tigers!

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Ironton by 50 in football. South point by 5 in basketball

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

mustard wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:18 pm Oh my! Cry me a flipping river. Get over yourself tiger fans! Woby is right, you guys pat your back how great you are in football but over half of your offense and defense production is from other schools and now you’re above the Ovc? I mean don’t you guys have south points lineman? Give him back and maybe lowly south point will be better equipped to compete with the untouchable tigers. I get it. Ironton does this and does that for recruiting, whatever. But don’t act like you’re some superior program when you get outside help.
I'm not crying over anything.
Certain OVC teams want Ironton out for obvious reasons as far as Transfers it is what it is.
And until Ironton wins a state title in many eyes Ironton will have underachieved .
I am just saying the OVC wanted Ironton when they was down now in Coal Groves defense they didn't want Ironton in the OVC.
The OVC is a good conference for all sports except football.
Do I believe that no I believe that it will improve in the next few years gallia is improving Fairland is Coal Grove is going to have some good years.
South Point is going in the right direction Rock Hill is what it is and Cheasapeake is just in a bad place right now.
I want Ironton to stay in the OVC but the question is does the OVC want Ironton in it.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

RRX.2020 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:22 pm It's funny how people go on and on about kids moving to Ironton to play Football and how they must have to be recruiting them.
most people on this site don't even know these kids or why they moved to the district. But if a kid wants to further their education and play football
Ironton is the place for them to be.

Go Tigers!
Speculating about the personal decision of a kid & parents is pretty low brow imo. Truth is the why is nobodys business, & if there is an issue with the how & when there is also protocol for collecting and submitting your evidence along with your report or information. Go to the press. Post it on social media on your personal page. Make it public. Stand on whatever specific allegations you feel like you can support, or, shut up about it. Transfers are a thing. Always will be. Some programs are competitive on and off the field. If it is recruiting, it is recruiting in a pure sense. Ironton is a destination for the region in football. But it became that by work. Couple title game trips. Some big wins vs bigger programs. Tons of kids playing college ball on different levels, getting an education. Access to people who have all enjoyed diff levels of achievement at the levels they are aspiring to be at to learn and feed off of and to gain insight and better access. Same as I said above. What Ironton is doing as a whole regarding their program makes them a destination program in that region. As an athelete in 2022 promo is everything. Even if you are good. This gen of athelete is also marketing themselves because even more opportunity is available now as an athelete. That doesn't make a kid disloyal or selfish it makes him smart because he is maximizing his potential. Kids see it. This isn't the movie Blue Chips. 😭 You don't have to say much because everyone is searching for opportunity somewhere opportunity looks scarce. It's not my place to ask or speculate why a kid tranafers when they do. If it is for football reasons? So what. Still not my biz. And I understand why Ironton would be chosen. The excuses get old. Just say you cant match Irontons ambition.

gobucs20
JV Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Some grown men whining to the wrong people once again. How many of the transfer whiners have gone to their schools administration and urged them to do whatever they can to improve their program to make it more attractive to kids who may want to transfer there. My guess is none. Ironton is using the tools available to them to get better whether you like it or not. If they are doing something wrong I'm sure the ohsaa would have something to say about that. If my son was high school age right now and wanted to xfer to ironton for better opportunities I wouldn't hesitate to let him if it worked out.

ovcmom3
Waterboy

Post by ovcmom3 »

fielddaddy wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:51 am
wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:39 pm
TigerBob wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:44 pm Find someone that loves you the way Woby hates Ironton.

I’ll go Tigers by a bunch, but SP will score a some on the reserves. 61-13 final.
The belittling of the ovc conference by some Ironton fans is a joke. All because they dominate football, with plenty transfers mind you. I mean the thread was started as thoughts on the match up and was immediately ridiculed.

Burg pretty much has owned the SOC, and you never hear them saying anything about not belonging
Wobycat you talk about Ironton and their transfers more than you do about Burg.
As far as Ironton and the OVC the OVC let Ironton in when they was down and looked to be a shell of themselves.
Ironton don’t want to leave the OVC
The OVC wants Ironton to be put out.
Yes transfers help make Ironton better and stronger but I believe the young coach is a game changer to.
I wish the OVC was stronger and certain teams are but it’s hard to get your team up when they know a pounding is coming.
As for Burg if Ironton turns the corner and beats Burg 6-7 straight times will Burg want Ironton to stay on the schedule that is the question
This last question makes me laugh 😂 you mean the way Ironton took Ashland off their schedule after being beat 6 out of the last 8 times. However now that Ashland is down Ironton fans are saying they’d love to have them back on their schedule

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

gobucs20 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:12 pm Some grown men whining to the wrong people once again. How many of the transfer whiners have gone to their schools administration and urged them to do whatever they can to improve their program to make it more attractive to kids who may want to transfer there. My guess is none. Ironton is using the tools available to them to get better whether you like it or not. If they are doing something wrong I'm sure the ohsaa would have something to say about that. If my son was high school age right now and wanted to xfer to ironton for better opportunities I wouldn't hesitate to let him if it worked out.
You nailed it Ironton is using the tools at its disposal
They cut the deal with Nike they are bringing in and playing bigger programs and the Ironton classic was a success.
This is what you want for a program a coach/Athletic Director that is always moving forward.
We have to remember this a young coach still in his first head coaching job.
And he is doing a great job.
Yes a few play calls are questionable but he made great strides in 5 years and the future looks very promising for Ironton.
Haters will hate no matter what.
I want the best for all teams in the SE Ohio area.
Love to see Jackson make a runner and Coal Grove to.
If Ironton gets beat I hope Wheelersburg or Fairland m as led a run.
These are young men just wanting to play for a championship and right now Ironton looks like that team to get them there.

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

Ironton should stay in the OVC! Its a great gate for all schools involved. And by the way people talk like this is the NFL…. Lol. Kids are going to go play at the school they choose. No one is forcing them!

TigerFella
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerFella »

I heard South Point was better this year, how are they doing? Roster looking better this time, or coaching improvement?

Tigers win, I’m just genuinely curious about South Point’s improvement.

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

mustard wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:18 pm Oh my! Cry me a flipping river. Get over yourself tiger fans! Woby is right, you guys pat your back how great you are in football but over half of your offense and defense production is from other schools and now you’re above the Ovc? I mean don’t you guys have south points lineman? Give him back and maybe lowly south point will be better equipped to compete with the untouchable tigers. I get it. Ironton does this and does that for recruiting, whatever. But don’t act like you’re some superior program when you get outside help.

I’m not 100% sure but I think that lineman transferred in 8th grade. How long does he hold the transfer title? Since he’s a junior now.

The rumors are that SP lost their best lineman to broken leg and qb1 out this game wrist injury.

Ironton only beat SP 39-0 last year.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

CrackBack46 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:48 pm

I’m not 100% sure but I think that lineman transferred in 8th grade. How long does he hold the transfer title? Since he’s a junior now.

The rumors are that SP lost their best lineman to broken leg and qb1 out this game wrist

It was 39-0 with 10 min to go in 2nd Qtr if I remember right. I watched the game on SP network last year.

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

The rumors are that SP lost their best lineman to broken leg and qb1 out this game wrist injury.

He transferred in High School

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

mustard wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:16 am

Wrong Mustard

Your a disgruntled parent. It’s pretty easy to see. I bet you took your kid to Raceland or another school rather than let them fight for a position. Here is another fact for you. Raceland has more transfers than Ironton.

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

XandOs wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:27 am

Wrong Mustard

Your a disgruntled parent. It’s pretty easy to see. I bet you took your kid to Raceland or another school rather than let them fight for a position. Here is another fact for you. Raceland has more transfers than Ironton.
Yeah they are really good too! I admit it baby!

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

mustard wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:41 am
XandOs wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:27 am

Wrong Mustard

Yeah they are really good too! I admit it baby!
Wasn’t hard to figure out

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

RR 78 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:01 pm South Point beating Ironton would be like Marshall beating Notre Dame. It's time for schools in the OVC to step up. Fairland is doing it, they will play anybody anytime anyplace. Coal Grove is doing it, go Grove. The rest need to get in on the action, develop a program. Yes Ironton get's transfer's. So does other schools in the OVC whether it's football, basketball, baseball, soccer or track. The OVC can become a powerhouse in all sports. We just have to take that first step. South Point has nothing to loose and all to gain Friday night. Ironton will be nursing injuries from a brutal first 4 games just like Notre Dame was after playing Ohio State.
This may be one of the worst takes in SEOPS history, in no way shape or form would this be like Marshall being Notre Dame... this would be like The Citadel beating Alabama.

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

want some cheese with that whine

K00ND0GGER
Riding the Bench

Post by K00ND0GGER »

eagle one wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:48 pm
want some cheese with that whine
This puts me in mind of when we were beating up on everyone we played in Jr High at Trimble. We had to pick up teams like Logan, Warren etc.. that are way bigger schools because the lowly Hocking schools were too skeerd to play us. Like he said, you want some cheese with the whine you got? :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”