Ironton 55 - 12 South Point 2022

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Re: South Point @ Ironton

Post by THEEE_GAME »

K00ND0GGER wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:04 pm
eagle one wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:48 pm
mustard wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:18 pm Oh my! Cry me a flipping river. Get over yourself tiger fans! Woby is right, you guys pat your back how great you are in football but over half of your offense and defense production is from other schools and now you’re above the Ovc? I mean don’t you guys have south points lineman? Give him back and maybe lowly south point will be better equipped to compete with the untouchable tigers. I get it. Ironton does this and does that for recruiting, whatever. But don’t act like you’re some superior program when you get outside help.
want some cheese with that whine
This puts me in mind of when we were beating up on everyone we played in Jr High at Trimble. We had to pick up teams like Logan, Warren etc.. that are way bigger schools because the lowly Hocking schools were too skeerd to play us. Like he said, you want some cheese with the whine you got? :mrgreen:
If they did recruit then you just admitted that they outrecruit you which would be a thing that could make you viewed as a "superior program."

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Let’s get off the recruiting crap and talk the game
You want to talk recruiting then do a topic on it and read the haters post and the haters post about the haters.
Ironton 46-6 over South point backups get some playing time after 4 tough games

ballrmom1
Riding the Bench

Post by ballrmom1 »

Good Luck Tigers!

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

mustard wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:16 am
CrackBack46 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:48 pm
mustard wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:18 pm Oh my! Cry me a flipping river. Get over yourself tiger fans! Woby is right, you guys pat your back how great you are in football but over half of your offense and defense production is from other schools and now you’re above the Ovc? I mean don’t you guys have south points lineman? Give him back and maybe lowly south point will be better equipped to compete with the untouchable tigers. I get it. Ironton does this and does that for recruiting, whatever. But don’t act like you’re some superior program when you get outside help.

I’m not 100% sure but I think that lineman transferred in 8th grade. How long does he hold the transfer title? Since he’s a junior now.

The rumors are that SP lost their best lineman to broken leg and qb1 out this game wrist injury.

Ironton only beat SP 39-0 last year.
He transferred in High School

Wrong I just talked to his dad at the MS game tonight. He definitely transferred in 8th grade. If you’re talking about #64 Patterson.
Last edited by CrackBack46 on Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Ironton could use the break. I hate saying that about another school they are playing but the tigers have had a rough 4 weeks. I hope south point competes and no kid on either side gets hurt but going ironton 49-0

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

49-0

Jumper45
Riding the Bench

Post by Jumper45 »

They say Ironton doesnt play basketball. I believe they have been to the state tournament 3 times.Maybe Fairland has also but not sure. No other teams in the OVC have been to the state tournament to my knowledge. Not Coal Grove,Gallipolis, South Point,Rock Hill. Make it there then boast about it.

Pointerdog11
Waterboy

Post by Pointerdog11 »

Technically south point is up 6-0 no one that actually lives in Ironton in Ironton has scored lol

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Another week another win. Keep it going Tigers

6O HORN3TS 🐝
fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Pointerdog11 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:58 pm Technically south point is up 6-0 no one that actually lives in Ironton in Ironton has scored lol
Stupid statement nuff said

Jumper45
Riding the Bench

Post by Jumper45 »

fielddaddy wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:50 am
Pointerdog11 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:58 pm Technically south point is up 6-0 no one that actually lives in Ironton in Ironton has scored lol
Stupid statement nuff said
Every thing people have to say on the negative side about Ironton is nothing but jealously. kids transfering is totally legal in the eyes of the OHSAA. All the other schools should get off your butt and promote and improve your program. Theres a reason kids arent transfering to other OVC schools. Step up your program or quit complaining. As I said. Nothing but being JEALOUS

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

I know I went to a soccer game that Grace Christian was playing and quite a few of their kids were from South Point. This school used to be one of the largest in the county.

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

When your program is 19-95 since 2010, I can see why kids would want to leave.

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

ovcmom3 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:31 pm
fielddaddy wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:51 am
wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:39 pm

The belittling of the ovc conference by some Ironton fans is a joke. All because they dominate football, with plenty transfers mind you. I mean the thread was started as thoughts on the match up and was immediately ridiculed.

Burg pretty much has owned the SOC, and you never hear them saying anything about not belonging
Wobycat you talk about Ironton and their transfers more than you do about Burg.
As far as Ironton and the OVC the OVC let Ironton in when they was down and looked to be a shell of themselves.
Ironton don’t want to leave the OVC
The OVC wants Ironton to be put out.
Yes transfers help make Ironton better and stronger but I believe the young coach is a game changer to.
I wish the OVC was stronger and certain teams are but it’s hard to get your team up when they know a pounding is coming.
As for Burg if Ironton turns the corner and beats Burg 6-7 straight times will Burg want Ironton to stay on the schedule that is the question
This last question makes me laugh 😂 you mean the way Ironton took Ashland off their schedule after being beat 6 out of the last 8 times. However now that Ashland is down Ironton fans are saying they’d love to have them back on their schedule
Just to let you know,it was Ashland that didnt sign the contract. Also since Ironton "ran" from Ashland they have played Cincinnati Moeller and Johnson Central. So laugh at that

sportphotos
JV Team

Post by sportphotos »

Return to “Football”