Burg grad 85
Hampshire
JV Team

Re: WK5 PORTSMOUTH WEST VS KIPP COLUMBUS

Post by Hampshire »

Halftime

West 35
KIPP 0

West threw an 80 yard pass up the seam on the first play of game. KIPP’s defense looked to be unprepared for it.

KIPP has had some nice QB runs, but have had multiple offside and false start penalties.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

scott1297 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:04 pm Is Kipp really this bad ?? Wow
West is good. KIPP is not a bad team at all. They have kids on this team that would be the fastest on any team in Scioto county. They have shot them selves in the foot on several penalties. Lots of false starts and offsides. You can tell they want no part of taking any more hits though. Give some credit to the Siders for a very fast start. 80 yard strike on the first play and another one for about 60. The 60 yarder was on one of the best scrambles I've ever seen from Irwin.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Best team play I've seen in years. All positions going hard but very cerebrum in their play, very good win.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

West Side Pride wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:08 pm Best team play I've seen in years. All positions going hard but very cerebrum in their play, very good win.
I agree. They play hard and swarm the ball. Seem to be getting better and better every week offensively. If they can stay healthy, they are going to be tough to beat.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SiderBlood wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:15 pm
West Side Pride wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:08 pm Best team play I've seen in years. All positions going hard but very cerebrum in their play, very good win.
I agree. They play hard and swarm the ball. Seem to be getting better and better every week offensively. If they can stay healthy, they are going to be tough to beat.
Great win west!

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Not gonna lie the more I thought about this game all week the more I got worried. This team was loaded with athletes. Had a huge line. And just one of those teams that you don't know the schedule well, so it's hard to gauge where they are at. The best thing to happen is to put them away early, and boy did they.

To start the game with a beautiful 80 yard strike right down the seam. Sissel ran rampant. Irwin really looks like a seasoned vet throwing the ball. Bishop is a threat everytime he touches the ball.

The defense is extremely physical. I seen some very hard hits and you could really tell that started wearing on the Jags mentally and physically. Really fun to see how they swarm the ball as well.

KIPP was a weird team to play. They had 2 or 3 kids that would be some of the fastest kids in Scioto County. They moved the ball at times but had a lot of false starts, obvious holds, and offsides. That being said, this game was pretty important I believe. Pretty weak schedule thus far, tonight they beat some playoff caliber athletes handily. I think the week one loss left alot of people forgetting about this team. I hope that continues. Continue to develop on offense every week, and stay healthy. This team can definitely make some noise. Go Siders ! Onto SOC play at The Rock next week!

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

SiderBlood wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:21 pm
West is good. KIPP is not a bad team at all. They have kids on this team that would be the fastest on any team in Scioto county. They have shot them selves in the foot on several penalties. Lots of false starts and offsides. You can tell they want no part of taking any more hits though. Give some credit to the Siders for a very fast start. 80 yard strike on the first play and another one for about 60. The 60 yarder was on one of the best scrambles I've ever seen from Irwin.
Thanks for the info nice post but I just remember Kipp just being bad in the past thats all

Burg grad 85
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

scott1297 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:33 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:21 pm
Thanks for the info nice post but I just remember Kipp just being bad in the past thats all
I think this is the 3rd time we have played and they are definitely getting better. The first time they came down they had 1 person in the bleachers and I think it was the bus driver. Still not many fans and around 60 kids on the team this time. Some crazy speed though

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

After looking at the prediction for the one on Drew P. Prediction page this was a 30-point game. After watching the teams warm up I told some of the West people in the press box it wasn’t going to be that close.
I am working on my game report and pics now.
Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

Wow the Senators must have awakened. It didn’t think this score would be as bad as it was. Nice win West.

WWE HALL OF FAME
mattash
Site Admin

Re: Portsmouth West 42 - 8 KIPP Columbus 2022

Post by mattash »

Portsmouth West 42 - 8 KIPP Columbus

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”