Meigs 29 - 27 Marietta 2022

pioneer19
All Conference

Re: Week 8: Marietta @ Meigs

Post by pioneer19 »

boss8 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:26 am
pioneer19 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:47 pm
Tvcfanatic wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:06 am Should be a good game but if Meigs Comes out hot on offense again and their defense continues to force turnovers nobody left on their schedule will stop them, just gotta take it one game at a time, that being said meigs has pretty good chance at ending the season at 6-4 and making the playoffs
I watched a little Meigs video and they have some weapons. Marietta isn't winning a shoot out. Gonna need a low scoring, ugly game. Long possessions, keep Meigs offense off the field. Limit turnovers and force some on defense.
Was pretty impressed with how Marietta’s defense played vs Brooke. Agree on your analysis, not going to win a shootout. The offense has moved the ball on the ground and have a couple good backs. The key is finishing drives. And if they can make 1-2 big plays in the passing game to Lieres-Kelley that would be huge. Have a good feeling about this one for Marietta. They are a very young team and have taken their lumps but I think they are getting better.
Agreed. I did not have high expectations following the Williamstown game, but I was impressed last week as well. Passing game has been rough all year, to say the least. Lieras-Kelley is a great athlete and could be the difference maker in this game if they can get him the ball.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

E High wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:13 am If Meigs is any good at all they’ll win. Marietta, unfortunately, has been bad in football for a good while.
Careful with the hot takes there, E High. :D

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

pioneer19 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:34 am
E High wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:13 am If Meigs is any good at all they’ll win. Marietta, unfortunately, has been bad in football for a good while.
Don’t worry, he jumps on every Warren and Marietta thread he can find and proceeds to talk about how bad they are, even though he more than likely hasn’t seen either team or even who they’ve played. He was strangely quiet a few years ago when we had a couple winning seasons. The passive aggressive is strong with that one. As for this week, hope you guys get a W.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

I follow football closely. Unfortunately the truth hurts. I understand the loyalty of the fans. Unfortunately most don’t see that there’s many average or bad teams out there. Again, I only know a little about Meigs. I do know that Marietta athletics in general have not been very good for a while.particularly football. Sounds like it might be a tight battle.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Meigs gonna whup that Tiger Asz.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

beg003 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:25 pm
Don’t worry, he jumps on every Warren and Marietta thread he can find and proceeds to talk about how bad they are, even though he more than likely hasn’t seen either team or even who they’ve played. He was strangely quiet a few years ago when we had a couple winning seasons. The passive aggressive is strong with that one. As for this week, hope you guys get a W.
I just had to laugh at the "Marietta has been bad for a while" take. Like, yeah. No current players were alive the last time we had a winning season. It's just pointing out the obvious. Doesn't help anything. I'm sure when Warren and Marietta are having success in the next couple seasons he will be here with the positive comments. :D

E High
All State

Post by E High »

I could care less. Just stating the obvious. Warren is a basketball school with great leadership. Marietta is stuck in no man’s land in most sports

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

pioneer19 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:57 pm
beg003 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:25 pm

I just had to laugh at the "Marietta has been bad for a while" take. Like, yeah. No current players were alive the last time we had a winning season. It's just pointing out the obvious. Doesn't help anything. I'm sure when Warren and Marietta are having success in the next couple seasons he will be here with the positive comments. :D
Nail, meet head. It’d be better for everyone if he just said nothing, good or bad.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

It's Gameday!!! Goodluck to the Meigs Marauders

and praying no serious injuries for either team.

Should be a fun one! I'd love to see meigs spread the ball out to ALL of the weapons not just two. Maybe we can put up some even bigger numbers if we do that.

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

E High wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:57 am I could care less. Just stating the obvious. Warren is a basketball school with great leadership. Marietta is stuck in no man’s land in most sports
"Great Leadership" has led to 2 district titles in 20 some years but I'm sure you know it all already so I'll spare you with the details

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Meigs' 3 wins are against teams that as of now are 2-18 (0-7, 0-6, 2-5) and one of the 2-5 team's win was against a team that is now 0-7

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

itsme wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:51 am Meigs' 3 wins are against teams that as of now are 2-18 (0-7, 0-6, 2-5) and one of the 2-5 team's win was against a team that is now 0-7
Who cares? 1 of the only 2 wins marietta has is against that 0-7 team as well. No one is saying meigs is gonna win a state championship so the strength of our wins don't matter, at this point it's just win the rest of your games to send your seniors out with a winning record and having the under classmen build off that season, so you can get out of here with your negativity you so called "Meigs Fan" who does nothing but bash them even on morale victories

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:16 am
itsme wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:51 am Meigs' 3 wins are against teams that as of now are 2-18 (0-7, 0-6, 2-5) and one of the 2-5 team's win was against a team that is now 0-7
Who cares? 1 of the only 2 wins marietta has is against that 0-7 team as well. No one is saying meigs is gonna win a state championship so the strength of our wins don't matter, at this point it's just win the rest of your games to send your seniors out with a winning record and having the under classmen build off that season, so you can get out of here with your negativity you so called "Meigs Fan" who does nothing but bash them even on morale victories
I'm just stating facts

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

14/07 Marietta

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

21/14 Marietta

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Final 29-27 Meigs

SG REBEL

Post by SG REBEL »

That game right there was all Dave Tennant. Greatest in the history of TVC

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Congrats to the Marauders. Tough, tough loss for Marietta. This game had a little bit of everything and ended up being pretty entertaining. Tigers led by two scores in the fourth quarter before the momentum shifted and the Meigs offense started rolling late. I knew it was over when we got stuffed trying to run on 3rd and 10, while still up five. Playing not to lose instead of playing to win. Surprisingly, Meigs completely shut down the Marietta run game and the Tigers did most of their damage through the air (and on defense). Meigs has some nice players. Burnem took their first play from scrimmage to the house, and I thought it was going to be a long night. QB is an athlete as well.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

pioneer19 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:23 pm Congrats to the Marauders. Tough, tough loss for Marietta. This game had a little bit of everything and ended up being pretty entertaining. Tigers led by two scores in the fourth quarter before the momentum shifted and the Meigs offense started rolling late. I knew it was over when we got stuffed trying to run on 3rd and 10, while still up five. Playing not to lose instead of playing to win. Surprisingly, Meigs completely shut down the Marietta run game and the Tigers did most of their damage through the air (and on defense). Meigs has some nice players. Burnem took their first play from scrimmage to the house, and I thought it was going to be a long night. QB is an athlete as well.
Was a very fun game to watch

E High
All State

Post by E High »

bigblue52 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:12 am
E High wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:57 am I could care less. Just stating the obvious. Warren is a basketball school with great leadership. Marietta is stuck in no man’s land in most sports
"Great Leadership" has led to 2 district titles in 20 some years but I'm sure you know it all already so I'll spare you with the details
. Again, I could care less, but the basketball program has probably averaged 13-14 wins over the last 20 years. They’ve recently been to the regionals. State run 9-10 years ago. They’ve had stability and some pretty good success over that time. Sorry the football program hasn’t been very good over that time. Maybe that will change, but not much suggest that will happen soon. Football people are diehard, but many die hard.

Return to “Football”