CB #'s and Total Enrollment

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Re: CB #'s and Total Enrollment

Post by Sonny Weaver »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:34 pm You Ironton posters on here amaze me!! You cannot come on here and admit that without all the recruits the last few years you have a mediocre team.

You all are grasping for air on every post. You keep bringing up this kid that came to Burg or this kid to came to Burg!! We get it!!! Burg has had kids transfer in over the years. We know that. Not a one, other than Lowery who went to Burg for two years won a state title. None!!!

Also, Burg has lost kids. Salyers played at Burg all the way up until his Freshman year and then he went to Ironton. Cost him a state title ring but he did get a scholarship to Youngstown St.
http://www.burgfootball.com/uploads/1/1 ... l_ohio.pdf

@yabbadabbadoo how many of these kids transferred to Burg while in high school? lol
Attachments
Capture.PNG

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:15 pm
TigerBob wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:03 pm The kid that recovered the game winning fumble was a Portsmouth kid. But I’m sure there is a reason that one doesn’t count! And probably no crying that it should have been a home grown kid who made that play.
Yep and he came to Burg his Junior year and his Mom was a teacher his Senior year and once again, which you all can't get through your head.............

HE WAS ONLY ONE PLAYER!!!!!

Does Burg win the title without him! I think they do!!!!!
You still didn’t answer the question. How many of those kids on that team lived out of District and should have been going to other schools? Your CB numbers are always around 20, there must be a few that should have been going to different schools? More than just one lol

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:34 pm You Ironton posters on here amaze me!! You cannot come on here and admit that without all the recruits the last few years you have a mediocre team.

You all are grasping for air on every post. You keep bringing up this kid that came to Burg or this kid to came to Burg!! We get it!!! Burg has had kids transfer in over the years. We know that. Not a one, other than Lowery who went to Burg for two years won a state title. None!!!

Also, Burg has lost kids. Salyers played at Burg all the way up until his Freshman year and then he went to Ironton. Cost him a state title ring but he did get a scholarship to Youngstown St.
You nailed it!

Felder and Perkins, both seniors, scored the TDs against Burg this year. Combined, they have been in Ironton’s program for less than 2 years. Again, that’s total time combined!

And Ironton fans think this or normal. Think this is the same as kids who went to Burg from k-12. Think is the same as Burg who has a handful of high school transfers over the past 20 years.

LMAO!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:52 pm
TigerBob wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:03 pm The kid that recovered the game winning fumble was a Portsmouth kid. But I’m sure there is a reason that one doesn’t count! And probably no crying that it should have been a home grown kid who made that play.
Yep and he came to Burg his Junior year and his Mom was a teacher his Senior year and once again, which you all can't get through your head.............

You still didn’t answer the question. How many of those kids on that team lived out of District and should have been going to other schools? Your CB numbers are always around 20, there must be a few that should have been going to different schools? More than just one lol
Probably quite a few but like woby has said on here, the majority of them live just on the border of Burg and it's closer for them to go to Burg then to ride a school bus for hours just to go to their school district. That is also called open enrollment and these kids BORDER the Burg school district.

Ironton is bringing in kids from other states, which is NOT open enrollment.

I would bet money every school in the county has open enrollment kids who live just outside of the school district they are going to but go to that school because it is closer for them.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Sounds like burg just needs to start recruiting, you’re either riding the wave or drowning, Ironton is riding the wave just fine, burg fans are drowning over the fact there is a new kid on the block and they aren’t doing it how it’s “supposed” to be done

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:29 pm Sounds like burg just needs to start recruiting, you’re either riding the wave or drowning, Ironton is riding the wave just fine, burg fans are drowning over the fact there is a new kid on the block and they aren’t doing it how it’s “supposed” to be done
Burg coaches and admin won’t recruit, and the program will be just fine not doing so.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:49 pm

@yabbadabbadoo how many of these kids transferred to Burg while in high school? lol
Looking at the list, I don’t think any transferred in high school. Most went to Burg k-12; maybe all, but not 100% certain.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:38 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:29 pm Sounds like burg just needs to start recruiting, you’re either riding the wave or drowning, Ironton is riding the wave just fine, burg fans are drowning over the fact there is a new kid on the block and they aren’t doing it how it’s “supposed” to be done
Burg coaches and admin won’t recruit, and the program will be just fine not doing so.
:lol:

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

I hope they can, but don’t hate the player hate the game

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:17 pm

Probably quite a few but like woby has said on here, the majority of them live just on the border of Burg and it's closer for them to go to Burg then to ride a school bus for hours just to go to their school district. That is also called open enrollment and these kids BORDER the Burg school district.

I would bet money every school in the county has open enrollment kids who live just outside of the school district they are going to but go to that school because it is closer for them.
Burg brought in kids from other states too

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:09 pm

Who??? Jake Gregg?? Wrong again fool!! He moved in with his Mom who lived in Burg!! Plus, he came to Burg because he thought Ashland wasn’t going to be playing and if memory serves me right, Ashland did end up playing in the spring and won a state title. I’m sure he would have loved to have been on that team but he didn’t want to take a chance with losing out his Senior year!,

Who else you got because that one did don’t work for you!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Nah, won’t need to to beat Ironton again in the playoffs!! These regular season games other than league games really mean nothing now with 16 teams making the playoffs. Hell, you can go 4-6 and probably still make the playoffs!

Ironton can continue to thump that chest by barely beating Burg in that regular season game and Burg will just continue to win the one that matters!!

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:57 pm

Who??? Jake Gregg?? Wrong again fool!! He moved in with his Mom who lived in Burg!! Plus, he came to Burg because he thought Ashland wasn’t going to be playing and if memory serves me right, Ashland did end up playing in the spring and won a state title. I’m sure he would have loved to have been on that team but he didn’t want to take a chance with losing out his Senior year!,

He came from Ashland Ky, to Wheelersburg Oh

Or am I mistaken?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Ironton will continue to recruit and will be destroying Burg in that week 1 game for years to come ( I mean how will they not!! Have you seen some of them Junior High scores?) Burg might bring in an occasional transfer and continue to win against them in the playoffs!!!

I’ll take it as a Burg fan!!! :D :D :D

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:06 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:57 pm

He came from Ashland Ky, to Wheelersburg Oh

Or am I mistaken?

Yes and did you not read my post??? He had no choice but to come over to Ohio because Kentucky wasnl’t having football. He wasn’t recruited to come to the Burg I’m pretty sure he just came to the first practice. Burg gave him a shot at the position and he won the starting job.

So yes, he did come from another state but on his own accord!!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

If Ironton's two transfers from Ashland end up as ineligible for rest of season, how does that affect Ironton's competitive balance number for this season? If you recall, Ironton is biggest D5 school in state and one boy away from being D4 in this year's count. If the 2 Ashland transfers were counted as residents of Ironton for the initial CB count and are found to be ineligible due to residency issues (not saying this will happen), how does this effect Ironton's CB number for this year? Or would it just affect next year's CB number? If the CB number goes up, does Ironton go D4?

As for the rest of this thread, same old arguing. I think it can be summed up that both Ironton and Burg have greatly benefited from transfers/open enrollees over the years. Ironton just relying more on their transfers than Burg the last few years.*

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:15 am If Ironton's two transfers from Ashland end up as ineligible for rest of season, how does that affect Ironton's competitive balance number for this season? If you recall, Ironton is biggest D5 school in state and one boy away from being D4 in this year's count. If the 2 Ashland transfers were counted as residents of Ironton for the initial CB count and are found to be ineligible due to residency issues (not saying this will happen), how does this effect Ironton's CB number for this year? Or would it just affect next year's CB number? If the CB number goes up, does Ironton go D4?

As for the rest of this thread, same old arguing. I think it can be summed up that both Ironton and Burg have greatly benefited from transfers/open enrollees over the years. Ironton just relying more on their transfers than Burg the last few years.*
It doesn’t. CB is calculated based on last year’s numbers. Ironton’s CB next year will be impacted.

As for how much transfers/recruits have helped each school, just list the 1st team all state kids from each school and count the transfers. Burg put their list up: none were high school transfers, and most (if not all attended Burg k-12). Can Ironton say the same about their first team all state players?

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:45 pm
Sonny Weaver wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:49 pm

Looking at the list, I don’t think any transferred in high school. Most went to Burg k-12; maybe all, but not 100% certain.
You’re right. None of them did, undoubtedly none of them this century. As far as some of the others prior, that was before my time but I’m fairly certain none of the older ones did either

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

Burg posters - looking for honest answers here...
Has the football team had players that either transferred in from - or lived in (while attending wheelersburg)...
Minford ?
South Webster ?
Green ?
Portsmouth ?
East ?
Ashland ?
Ironton ?
Other Scioto County schools ?
My guess is yes to all the above. But, I could be wrong.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

LockHerUp wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:15 am Burg posters - looking for honest answers here...
Has the football team had players that either transferred in from - or lived in (while attending wheelersburg)...
Minford ?
South Webster ?
Green ?
Portsmouth ?
East ?
Ashland ?
Ironton ?
Other Scioto County schools ?
My guess is yes to all the above. But, I could be wrong.
Over the past 30 years, probably yes to all of those schools; especially the schools that border Burg.

During this same 30 years, Burg has also lost kids to every one of those schools except maybe Ashland.

So the real question is “has Burg benefitted more or less from transfers (in and out)?”. The answer is it has been a wash. The football program has received kids who have helped but have also lost talented kids who would have helped as well.

The strength of Burg’s football program has always been and will always be the kids that grew up in Burg and were developed in the Burg system.

Return to “Football”