CB #'s and Total Enrollment

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Re: CB #'s and Total Enrollment

Post by Taylormade »

Who cares,it wouldnt matter if they took the starters out or not you would find something else to whine about.

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

funny how woby and other burgites won't respond to my posts...
you have many non-burg players - by definition - on your team. over the years.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

LockHerUp wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:25 am funny how woby and other burgites won't respond to my posts...
Burg posters have admitted they have had their fair share of transfers/open enrollees over the years. They just don’t rely on them like Ironton currently does.*

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

No, they have not.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:53 am
LockHerUp wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:25 am funny how woby and other burgites won't respond to my posts...
Burg posters have admitted they have had their fair share of transfers/open enrollees over the years. They just don’t rely on them like Ironton currently does.*
They don’t count the ones that live out of District and should be going to other schools. The excuse, Oh, but they live closer to the Burg schools and have been going there forever therefore doesn’t count lol. The OHSAA says it counts that’s why the Burgs CB number is 20 about every year.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

LockHerUp wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:57 am No, they have not.
I absolutely have, multiple times! I’ll even give you the exact number of transfers on the 1989 state championship team (zero) and on the 2017 state championship team (one).

Burg listed their first team all Ohio players over the years; we discussed that list as well.

Finally, the question was asked about Burg and specific schools. Answered that too.
Last edited by RBH23 on Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:14 am
They don’t count the ones that live out of District and should be going to other schools. The excuse, Oh, but they live closer to the Burg schools and have been going there forever therefore doesn’t count lol. The OHSAA says it counts that’s why the Burgs CB number is 20 about every year.
Simply because they were not recruited to play football. These kids started at Burg in kindergarten; some turned out to play football, many did not.

Ironton transfer/recruits came just because of football later in their school years. Perkins and Felder have less than two years at IHS combined! When did Keyes show up? Jr high?

The difference is not difficult to understand.

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

The hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness from burg posters is amazing. Apparently, I was right. They've benefitted from getting kids from all those area schools. it doesn't matter when they did it or the driving distance. Those kids were not home-grown.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I can’t believe this stupid a** topic is still going on.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

LockHerUp wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:32 am The hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness from burg posters is amazing. Apparently, I was right. They've benefitted from getting kids from all those area schools. it doesn't matter when they did it or the driving distance. Those kids were not home-grown.
Actually you are wrong. These kids are home grown. They went through Burg school system their entire lives; many of their parents the same. As for the “driving distance”, most of these kids just cross the street to catch the bus.

I can explain how this is different than what Ironton is doing, but I cannot understand it for you.

Starting to realize why Ironton’s academics rank so low.

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

Academics low huh...what a joke you are
You come one here rambling about transfers,when in fact you got them as well. Notice I used the term transfers.
You whine about our coach's integrity, yet didnt a Burg coach crash a car into a utility pole while drunk? Didnt you also have a coach let's say having extra curricular activities if you know what I mean? Please let's just move along

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

Boo hoo Ironton fans!! What a weak minded fan base!!! You tool bags know you’re getting in recruits. Lol still in denial I see. Why is that? You afraid someone is gonna say that you only susscssful because of the new guys come in? News flash…. It does! Lol. You guys get all tore up when burg fans call you out on it. Comparing CB numbers where kids live. Lol 😂 good grief. Take your wins and enjoy em. Why do you care what others think but come on….

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

You know we don’t count some of those kids because most of them are more than likely not even playing and there is a HUGE difference in kids that live on your border to hand picking what players you want to come in!!’

WHY IN THE F$&K CANT YOU IDIOTS SEE THE DIFFERENCE IN THAT!!!

UNFU$&?INGBELIEVABLE!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Taylormade wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:02 am Academics low huh...what a joke you are
You come one here rambling about transfers,when in fact you got them as well. Notice I used the term transfers.
You whine about our coach's integrity, yet didnt a Burg coach crash a car into a utility pole while drunk? Didnt you also have a coach let's say having extra curricular activities if you know what I mean? Please let's just move along

That’s it, try to deflect the problem being talked off onto another subject!!

What the hell does that even have to do with Ironton recruiting in kids or academics at Burg??!

You all are in such denial knowing without the recruited players you all are a mediocre team!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

LockHerUp wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:32 am The hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness from burg posters is amazing. Apparently, I was right. They've benefitted from getting kids from all those area schools. it doesn't matter when they did it or the driving distance. Those kids were not home-grown.

WHO are these kids you mention?? Was it 5-6 kids at a time?? No it never was.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Exactly, it’s normal for them so they don’t count them lol

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Taylormade wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:02 am Academics low huh...what a joke you are
I didn’t make up the academic rankings, US News was responsible for that. Sorry about the truth hurting.

Burg had one transfer total on their two state championship teams. Burg has had a number of first team all state players with ZERO being transfers. Can Ironton say the same? Again, just facts.

As for the coach you mentioned, he did get fired. Wonder if Ironton would take such steps if Pendleton did the same? The way posters on here worship him, I doubt it.

Finally, last night’s game was an example of poor sportsmanship by a very immature coach (I see why he gets along with the kids so well since he acts like an immature teenager). His animosity with Lucas resulted in Pendleton not just trying to embarrass Lucas but also the Coal Grove players; so much for “Pendleton cares about the kids”.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Couple of Ironton players transferring to Wheelersburg. OHSAA ruled them immediately eligible due to the fact that they live rent free in Pirate fan’s heads. Heard it here first y’all.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:27 am

You know we don’t count some of those kids because most of them are more than likely not even playing and there is a HUGE difference in kids that live on your border to hand picking what players you want to come in!!’

UNFU$&?INGBELIEVABLE!!
The CB number is based on the kids playing, the ones going to Burg and not playing doesn’t count on the Cb numbers.

You Wheelersburg idiots just don’t get it lol.

UNFU$&?INGBiEVABLE!!

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:27 am

UNFU$&?INGBELIEVABLE!!

Dang dude,hope your Dr. Has you on some good BP meds , don't let them get to ya 😆

Return to “Football”