Ironton 55 - 6 Coal Grove 2022

Pinwheel
JV Team

Re: Coal Grove Ironton, cant stop a moving train

Post by Pinwheel »

Looked like Pendleton got offended by Lucas not shaking his hand,and instead of addressing it while they was face to face all alone ,he waits until he is surrounded by all his assistant coaches and "comes back" to say something while acting like he couldn't break free from them to get at Lucas 😂 , he already proved himself by not shaking hands , take the high road and move on.

Not cool by either coach IMO.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

RiverRatRay wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:57 am Let me tell you what I have seen out of Coach Pendleton. I first saw it at basketball games. The kids love this man. They flock around him. Young and the high school kids they like talking with him and he likes listening to them. This an is the energizer bunny. Where he gets all this energy is beyond me. It's all about these kids. There is nothing he won't do for them. Talk about a father figure. You can trash talk him all you want but I hope all high schools latch onto a man like this to help their sports programs. He is absolutely a diamond in the rough. No wonder kids want to play for him. I for one hope he never leaves Ironton.
Great post, I couldn’t agree more.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:46 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:43 am
Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:29 am Congrats on another win Ironton. Keep it going
Nice win by Kirtland tonight, keep going.
Thanks bud. We was 8-8 at the half. Ended up pulling away in the second half
I saw the 8-8, the next thing I saw was the final score, impressive to say the least.

mackdog
Freshman Team

Post by mackdog »

Did the kids being held out get to play this week?

Mytwocents
Waterboy

Post by Mytwocents »

Not that anyone cares what my opinion is, but here it is lol.

This is the first game I’ve seen of both teams and I came out impressed with both squads. I for one could care less if Ironton recruits or not and I hope they win the state championship because it’s good for our area.

I also saw an Ironton team that would have a hard time winning the OVC if wasn’t for the transfers. They are just another above average team in this area if you remove 14, 7 and the big receiver. Those kids are special and I hope they do well.

My opinion 21 for coal grove was the best player on the field. He was dominant and doing what he did against 10 in the box and that defense was impressive.

I saw faults from both coaches at the end. First, Lucas should have taken the high road and shook hands even though the score was ran up against a very tired CG team in the end.

However, I did see Lucas trying to avoid a situation in the beginning and Pendleton making a point to approach Lucas. To me this was on Pendleton and he knew/wanted controversy at this point. Pendleton could’ve also taken the high road and just avoided Lucas and all would’ve been fine.

Good luck Tigers and bring home the state for southern Ohio! Good luck Hornets and make a deep run in the playoffs!

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Never seen so much azz kissing as I do on here,all you have to do is compliment some one and you are BFF ,but I controversial opinion you post you either get deleted or bashed 😂 I absolutely love reading this site

sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

Pinwheel wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:47 am Looked like Pendleton got offended by Lucas not shaking his hand,and instead of addressing it while they was face to face all alone ,he waits until he is surrounded by all his assistant coaches and "comes back" to say something while acting like he couldn't break free from them to get at Lucas 😂 , he already proved himself by not shaking hands , take the high road and move on.

I gotta agree here. I watched the video and Pendleton should of just walked off instead of clapping after Lucas didn’t shake his hand. Pendleton should just keep this in the back of your mind. Bad sportsmanship by Lucas, coaches are supposed to teach sportsmanship and when a player doesn’t shake hands then that player gets in an ear full from their coach. If a coach doesn’t shake hands, who does he get an ear full from?

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

sportsfan2244 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:49 pm
Pinwheel wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:47 am Looked like Pendleton got offended by Lucas not shaking his hand,and instead of addressing it while they was face to face all alone ,he waits until he is surrounded by all his assistant coaches and "comes back" to say something while acting like he couldn't break free from them to get at Lucas 😂 , he already proved himself by not shaking hands , take the high road and move on.

I gotta agree here. I watched the video and Pendleton should of just walked off instead of clapping after Lucas didn’t shake his hand. Pendleton should just keep this in the back of your mind. Bad sportsmanship by Lucas, coaches are supposed to teach sportsmanship and when a player doesn’t shake hands then that player gets in an ear full from their coach. If a coach doesn’t shake hands, who does he get an ear full from?

I would say his AD should give him a ear full but now days many coaches are their own AD and this is a reason I don't like that idea.

Glad someone seen it like I did ,I was waiting to get blasted 😂😂😂

sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

As a former coach, if a player didn’t shake opponents hands then he/she would be scolded. It’s very hypocritical if coaches turn around and do this. Guess depends on the coach and school.

Anderson83
Waterboy

Post by Anderson83 »

More of the same from this sites members. I've followed these treads for years not want to add to the endless badgering I've keep quiet. There are over 100 kids out on both sides of the ball that just want the chance to play a game. It's not about the coaches the fans the ADs. It's a game for them as it was for most of us growing up. Why do we feel the need to bad mouth each other. We all live in the same communities. Good sportsmanship goes a long way in building boys into men. I just want to talk football. Not about crybaby coaches both ways. I seen true sportsmanship after the coaches got done with there embarrassing acts when members of both teams meet in front of CG locker room. And another thing, this darned new sound system operator is a joke. I'm so ashamed of how this guy chooses to do his job. I like it a lot better when you could hear the band and the crowd.

Just my thoughts. Congratulations to the Tigers,. Good Luck to CG in the playoffs.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

I am fine with the coaches not shaking hands. To not be put in a situation that could explode. They do not like each other and no use to pretend. Sportsmanship but in the case staying away maybe better sportsmanship than fighting on the field. Game is over so let it go.

sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

farmer wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:55 pm I am fine with the coaches not shaking hands. To not be put in a situation that could explode. They do not like each other and no use to pretend. Sportsmanship but in the case staying away maybe better sportsmanship than fighting on the field. Game is over so let it go.
I am also fine with coaches not shaking hands but when one coaches extends his hand then u atlease have to acknowledge it. Just do a quick hand shake and go about your way.

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

farmer wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:55 pm I am fine with the coaches not shaking hands. To not be put in a situation that could explode. They do not like each other and no use to pretend. Sportsmanship but in the case staying away maybe better sportsmanship than fighting on the field. Game is over so let it go.
Doesn’t matter if you are playing against a Rival or not, shaking hands after a game should be done to show good sportsmanship. However it’s usually the adults that show bad sportsmanship and that’s very sad!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

This shouldn't shock anyone honestly, this has been coming to a head for awhile and there will be more just wait until the off-season. Teams in the OVC are fed up with it, it's coming to a head sooner rather than later.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

REDMEN95 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:06 pm
Doesn’t matter if you are playing against a Rival or not, shaking hands after a game should be done to show good sportsmanship. However it’s usually the adults that show bad sportsmanship and that’s very sad!
To a point. If all the off field drama that has been said is true. I am fine for it to be a no handshake. Maybe let an asst coach shake hands instead. The Superintendents or pricipals for each school should get involved now to calm down this situation. Seems things got heated without a shake. Need to keep this from being a violent situation.

inOVCsider
Riding the Bench

Post by inOVCsider »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:00 pm This shouldn't shock anyone honestly, this has been coming to a head for awhile and there will be more just wait until the off-season. Teams in the OVC are fed up with it, it's coming to a head sooner rather than later.
It's funny to read "teams in the OVC are fed up with it". Football is the only sport in which Ironton dominates the rest of the league. Also every other year the "gate money" each school receives will make some schools think twice before they give Ironton the boot.

I have no idea whether there is recruiting going on or not. However, there is not a single coach that would turn somebody transferring in that would make them better. Ironton is passionate about their football and it shows, on and off the field. The people on here that keep bringing up recruiting would LOVE for these athletes to come and play for their school. If Pendleton is breaking the rules then he is risking getting caught and ultimately punished.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

inOVCsider wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:14 pm
greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:00 pm This shouldn't shock anyone honestly, this has been coming to a head for awhile and there will be more just wait until the off-season. Teams in the OVC are fed up with it, it's coming to a head sooner rather than later.
It's funny to read "teams in the OVC are fed up with it". Football is the only sport in which Ironton dominates the rest of the league. Also every other year the "gate money" each school receives will make some schools think twice before they give Ironton the boot.

I have no idea whether there is recruiting going on or not. However, there is not a single coach that would turn somebody transferring in that would make them better. Ironton is passionate about their football and it shows, on and off the field. The people on here that keep bringing up recruiting would LOVE for these athletes to come and play for their school. If Pendleton is breaking the rules then he is risking getting caught and ultimately punished.
I have to agree. The OVC is more than football. Baseball and basketball Portsmouth beats ironton and the OVC is a fun basketball league. Sure we get beat in football but it won’t last forever. It comes in waves, it will be someone else in a few years.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

I think Pendleton is making a statement to the OVC.
You want us out we will give you a reason
Ironton is a great fit for all sports except Football in the OVC.
Unfortunately Football is king in the OVC as it is at most schools.
Kicking Ironton out will only encourage more transfers IMO
For the fact Ironton can schedule more freely against bigger and better schools.
I mean would you if you was a kid want to play South Point or Rock Hill or play Moeller or a powerhouse from Louisville or Washington DC.
That is what Ironton is slowly trending to and having what is called the Ironton classic in Football does not hurt.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

inOVCsider wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:14 pm

100% agree with you that is is more than football but let's be honest football is typically what makes it all turn and that is the reality. Just from an outsiders perspective of course speculations can be made and things have been observed by people. Now you take what little we see and magnify that from the coaches, AD and players from other organizations and what they know and see and you can see the writing on the wall. No one actually thinks Lucas went into this game looking to snub Pendleton do they? Heck no it's been brewing guys and whether you like it or not something will happen. Of course every single school would LOVE to get 1-2 high quality starters every year, however when you get 5-6 every single year and you've got a daddy with a recruiting service close to the team this is going to happen. Outside of private schools that most every person in SEO complains about getting different starters every year there's simply no difference between them and Ironton these last 3-4 years, and that's if you will actually want to be honest with yourself on it. I have not a dog in the fight and I'm all for kids moving around and transferring but with the rate Ironton is doing it year in and year out don't think for a second it's not ruffling some feathers. That's just the reality of it.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

All this doesn't mean squat except in southeastern Ohio ,the teams up.north don't worry about anyone down here a second thought,year in and year out,they do it every year non stop constantly

Return to “Football”