Northwest 28 - 18 Green 2022

NewApproved
Riding the Bench

Re: WK8 Northwest - Green

Post by NewApproved »

Northwest wins out. They should dominate the rest of the season.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

heard Green may not be fully healthy for this one, that true?

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

I think Northwest is 4th or 5th in enrollment. Burg, Portsmouth and West are the three biggest, Northwest and Minford are the next two and then there is a pretty big drop-off.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:11 am I think this one gets ugly. Northwest by 28 or more. Green absolutely needs some sort of passing game. They would probably be 7-0 right now. They were exposed by notre dame thru the air and notre dame never throws. Keep doing good things green and play as hard as you can.
The ND game hurt Green and I’ve been a Bobcat advocate all year. NW would have won and given them their first loss either way. NW is SO strong. I must disagree with one comment…ND does throw…when Cassidy is at QB!

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:43 am Northwest rolls in this one. Just too physical for Green. Green still a lock for playoffs though and cool to see them having success first year in new stadium.*
If the Bobcats win 2 of the last 3 counting tonight at NW, East home, and at Eastern, they are in position to even host a home playoff game. That is very exciting! I know they have made the playoffs in the past but I wonder when the last time if ever there was a playoff game played in the Furnace.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

14/07 NW

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

14/13

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

20/13

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

28-19 final NW

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
SOCobserver
Waterboy

Post by SOCobserver »

First, I'm a NW fan. I'm glad they are winning but I am dreading the playoffs again this year. After watching tonight's game against Green it is evident we are not ready to face a school our own size. I know we are a small division V and Green is VII. But would like to play a small Division III? This schedule does nothing to get us ready for the post season. Congrats on the SOC 1.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

SOCobserver wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:32 pm First, I'm a NW fan. I'm glad they are winning but I am dreading the playoffs again this year. After watching tonight's game against Green it is evident we are not ready to face a school our own size. I know we are a small division V and Green is VII. But would like to play a small Division III? This schedule does nothing to get us ready for the post season. Congrats on the SOC 1.
I agree. The top 8 will be a brute. I need to look and see where northwest is in rankings.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
SOCobserver
Waterboy

Post by SOCobserver »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:33 pm
SOCobserver wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:32 pm First, I'm a NW fan. I'm glad they are winning but I am dreading the playoffs again this year. After watching tonight's game against Green it is evident we are not ready to face a school our own size. I know we are a small division V and Green is VII. But would like to play a small Division III? This schedule does nothing to get us ready for the post season. Congrats on the SOC 1.
I agree. The top 8 will be a brute. I need to look and see where northwest is in rankings.
We were 11 going in. Playing Centerburg at 6

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

I was impressed by Green, they fought hard throughout the game, that fullback NW has is a brute and they were able to contain him in the first half. As for NW it’s just so hard to gauge for me what their playoff run will look like playing against better comp and teams who will be able to match up with them

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

Man what a bummer! Green played with all heart! In some ways Green was better. #30 from NW was a tank! Great running back! Proud of the Bobcats tonight! Nothing to be ashamed of.

Seofanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by Seofanatic »

QB SNEAK wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:54 pm Man what a bummer! Green played with all heart! In some ways Green was better. #30 from NW was a tank! Great running back! Proud of the Bobcats tonight! Nothing to be ashamed of.
Green was better in the kicking game..... that's about it. Hats off to them, though. It's been a great season and they've got a good team with some really good athletes.

Return to “Football”