OVC & SOC Merge Talk

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Re: Meeting at Rock Hill….. coal grove, south point, Chesapeake, valley, northwest, oak hill, Symmes invited

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Maybe some want away from the 3 Ws and big 4 in the OVC? Just a guess! Don’t se why SV would be interested!

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Re: Meeting at Rock Hill….. coal grove, south point, Chesapeake, valley, northwest, oak hill, Symmes invited

Post by MrPerfect »

LoL what a joke!

WWE HALL OF FAME
Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: OVC & SOC Merge Talk

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Lol who’s the big 4 in the ovc.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:41 pm Lol who’s the big 4 in the ovc.
Ironton, Fairland, Gallia Academy, and Portsmouth.*

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

BigBoneJerome wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:36 pm What’s this about?
Not a fan of Valley joining those teams really. I'd rather see Valley, Minford, Northwest, Piketon, and some others stay together and form something, maybe add some schools, but we will see.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

If this is true that is not good news for Portsmouth. I think the OVC is the best reasonable fit for us. Soc isn't likely to ever admit us, FAC is too big, SVC and TVC would be crazy to admit us for travel reasons.

Beergogglebluez
SE

portsmouth_98 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:05 am If this is true that is not good news for Portsmouth. I think the OVC is the best reasonable fit for us. Soc isn't likely to ever admit us, FAC is too big, SVC and TVC would be crazy to admit us for travel reasons.
People constantly put Portsmouth on the upper tier of realignments. I wish we were there but we are not. We can’t beat wheelersburg, ironton, Jackson. I’d love to Compete with them but Trojans are not like they were early 2000s. Portsmouth had a lot of rough years but have improved the past few years. Ovc is the perfect fit.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:59 am
portsmouth_98 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:05 am If this is true that is not good news for Portsmouth. I think the OVC is the best reasonable fit for us. Soc isn't likely to ever admit us, FAC is too big, SVC and TVC would be crazy to admit us for travel reasons.
People constantly put Portsmouth on the upper tier of realignments. I wish we were there but we are not. We can’t beat wheelersburg, ironton, Jackson. I’d love to Compete with them but Trojans are not like they were early 2000s. Portsmouth had a lot of rough years but have improved the past few years. Ovc is the perfect fit.
So if they were to hypothetically merge , you telling me Portsmouth wouldn't fit in with this group..
Portsmouth
Valley
Minford
Oak Hill
Rock Hill
Chesapeake
South Point
Northwest

From a Competitive Stand point that would be a pretty good start.

Beergogglebluez
SE

baseball16 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:05 am
Beergogglebluez wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:59 am
So if they were to hypothetically merge , you telling me Portsmouth wouldn't fit in with this group..
Portsmouth
Valley
Minford
Oak Hill
Rock Hill
Chesapeake
South Point
Northwest

From a Competitive Stand point that would be a pretty good start.
No south point and Chesapeake. I think they need to be in the lower tier but in basketball they compete very well. Portsmouth should be with west, minford, northwest, fairland, valley. It doesn’t matter really because ironton beats burg but we play ironton. I think I’m confused now lol.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Wheelersburg
Ironton
Port. West
Fairland
Waverly
Gallia
Jackson If they would leave FAC
Makes for a Pretty good Upper Tier Division. If somehow Jackson was coaxed into leaving the FAC which I think they would entertain this idea that is a pretty good division from a competitive standpoint.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Ironton won’t be involved in this I’m pretty sure.
I think the whole reason this might happen is because some of these schools want to get away from Ironton.
Well… not the whole reason, but a lot of it.

Maybe the bigger schools you mention would look at it different. But I don’t think so.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

pmow3 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:04 pm Ironton won’t be involved in this I’m pretty sure.
I think the whole reason this might happen is because some of these schools want to get away from Ironton.

Maybe the bigger schools you mention would look at it different. But I don’t think so.
Funny, because most of the SOC schools want to get away from Wheelersburg. LOL

Beergogglebluez
SE

pmow3 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:04 pm Ironton won’t be involved in this I’m pretty sure.

I think another snag is teams want to get away from wheelersburg too, them and ironton will probably be 2 losses. Add a division 3 Jackson that’s prob another loss.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:19 pm

I think another snag is teams want to get away from wheelersburg too, them and ironton will probably be 2 losses. Add a division 3 Jackson that’s prob another loss.
Which is a GREAT reason those 3 go together. Waverly and Gallia would stay in it. They would be able to compete a lot of the years with those 3. Then it would come down to WEST or Coal Grove . Fairland I think would want to stay as well.

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Is Sam Gue still the OVC President or did he give that up when he became the Superintendent of South Point?

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

I can sum this up with THREE words:
1. NEVER
2. GONNA
3. HAPPEN

Beergogglebluez
SE

Someone posted they heard rock hill bottled to leave the ovc. Wonder if any other action is happening in the conference

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:51 pm Someone posted they heard rock hill bottled to leave the ovc. Wonder if any other action is happening in the conference
I was able to verify there was a meeting about their league status, not sure how much of this is conjecture and how much is facts.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Blitz wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:29 pm I can sum this up with THREE words:
1. NEVER
2. GONNA
3. HAPPEN
What part do you think is never gonna happen?
Because it looks like Rock hill is ready to do it.
Maybe the entire conference won’t join, but there will be some that leave only be because most schools are trying to get away from Ironton.

Beergogglebluez
SE

portsmouth_98 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:26 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:51 pm Someone posted they heard rock hill bottled to leave the ovc. Wonder if any other action is happening in the conference
I was able to verify there was a meeting about their league status, not sure how much of this is conjecture and how much is facts.
We might start seeing some shuffling very soon

Return to “Football”