Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: WK10 Rival Valley - Minford

Post by smurray »

Should be a very good game ….
Last edited by smurray on Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley has played HARD the last few weeks against the leagues best.

Valley can win this game.

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

Throw the records out this week. This will be a very close intense game. With Valley's improved defense I give them the edge.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Minford 34-24

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Gotta go Valley, mostly because of smarter ballers. I believe Jimmy and Joes are close to equal in skill.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Valley has played tough the last couple of weeks but Valley hasn't been very good all year at stopping the run and now it's time for Pica. Minford by 14

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

The battle of Lucasville-Minford road. Always a big rival game.

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

This is awful quite considering how there are playoff implications. I believe both teams are still alive and the winner will really benefit in the seeding.

Sportsman31
Waterboy

Post by Sportsman31 »

I think Minford comes away with the victory. Valley has played better than the last two games but I just think Minford has a little bit more than Valley. Don't be surprised if Valley comes away with the W.

footballfan123
Waterboy

Post by footballfan123 »

I think Valley struggles with the offense that Minford runs. It requires the dline and lb's to get off blocks and fly to the football which Valley has a hard time doing.
Minford-28
Valley-21

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I know that Valley has struggled with the number's problem all season. Minford being a larger school, does anyone have any idea the size of their roster ?

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Valley wins, per usual Minford progressively gets worse as the season goes on.

DcP3407
Riding the Bench

Post by DcP3407 »

Having seem both teams play, Valley is more athletic in most positions and I think that gives them a definite advantage - however, they cannot afford for any of their starters to ever come off the field - ever! ... but Minford isn't much different. I would say it may come down to whose legs are freshest on Friday. With several of the Vally kids playing soccer through the week, that has to be a definite disadvantage come Friday. I take Minford by the slimmest of margins - 21-20

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Several? Pretty sure there are only 3 kids that play significant minutes of both soccer and football. Plus tournaments start today, so not as many games during the week. The two sport athletes will be just fine. Minford better hope the game doesn't come down to a field goal as Montgomery plays soccer, his legs might not be fresh.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Rooting for Valley in this one…need those secondary points lol

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

With a win Valley moves to a 12 seed a very good spot for the Indians. A loss they are likely a 15 seed and a very long road trip. Minford is predicted a 16th seed with a loss but moves up to a 15th seed with a win, either spot leaves the Falcons facing a very tough road game in the playoffs. This analysis Per Mr. Drew Pasteur's site.

DcP3407
Riding the Bench

Post by DcP3407 »

transplant wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:31 am Several? Pretty sure there are only 3 kids that play significant minutes of both soccer and football. Plus tournaments start today, so not as many games during the week. The two sport athletes will be just fine. Minford better hope the game doesn't come down to a field goal as Montgomery plays soccer, his legs might not be fresh.
Yep - 3 would count as several. Looks like the soccer team plays Thursday night. All I am saying is that it is difficult for kids to be at their 100% best with playing back to back nights. Not to mention soccer where they run upwards of 5 miles a game and then those kids have to play offense, defense, and special teams on Friday nights. By no means was I trying to knock the kids. Kudos to them and I think it is awesome they get the opportunity to play both sports and to be extremely competitive in both. I think this is an added bonus for smaller schools like Valley to allow this. I'm just saying that is a disadvantage for Valley that may or may not hurt them on Friday.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I know what you mean. I'm glad valley allows their student athletes to play both. Minford only allows Montgomery to kick right? Do they have any student athletes that play both any more? I know they used to back in the day, but wasn't sure about now. I think it will be a good game. Hopefully Valley is focused and ready to go.

DcP3407
Riding the Bench

Post by DcP3407 »

I'm not sure if Minford only allows him to kick or if that is his choice?? I know Estep at Burg is like Montgomery and only kicks, but plays soccer. I would assume most schools would allow this if it benefited the kid and the program. Outside of Vally this year, I'm not sure if there are any other athletes trying to play play 2 sports full time during the same season. ---- Golf is one I could see a kid pulling off rather easily. Most tournament golf matches are during the school day.

Return to “Football”