How did Eastern beat Northwest?

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: How did Eastern beat Northwest?

Post by greygoose »

Fan of the youth wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:01 pm How did Eastern beat Northwest? I listened to the coaches call in show today on the radio and Mr. Crabtree said his team worked all week "focused" on one Eastern player. Coach went on to say the focus of their work did not play in the game. Perhaps the scouting departmentat NW needs a bigger budget.
Man, that's pretty embarrassing for Crabtree and his coaching staff, to say you focused on a single player all week long and couldn't game plan a defense to stop 1 player? Crabtree has enjoyed his time beating up on these SOC1 opponents, but I think NW and Crabtree are in a ton of trouble next year as they move back into SOC2 play.

Seofanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by Seofanatic »

Notagoodoleboy wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:49 pm Waterboy,
It’s NOT the 1st time NW has pulled this stunt! They did it earlier this year, too. I’d hate to think that I would jeopardize my child’s health and well-being for a sport! But people are eat up w/football out there. There’s nothing to be done either. Kids dad is on the school board and football coach is AD.
Do you honestly think they'd jeopardize a player's health or well being? If the kid was hurt bad enough....or if he could make his injury worse....he wouldn't have played. That's not to say Eastern may have been overlooked coming in.

SOCobserver
Waterboy

Post by SOCobserver »

Seofanatic wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:01 am
It’s NOT the 1st time NW has pulled this stunt! They did it earlier this year, too. I’d hate to think that I would jeopardize my child’s health and well-being for a sport! But people are eat up w/football out there. There’s nothing to be done either. Kids dad is on the school board and football coach is AD.
Do you honestly think they'd jeopardize a player's health or well being? If the kid was hurt bad enough....or if he could make his injury worse....he wouldn't have played. That's not to say Eastern may have been overlooked coming in.
The kid was in a boot all week until halftime. So, what happened in the first half that made him able to play the second half?

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

SOCobserver wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:15 am
Seofanatic wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:01 am
The kid was in a boot all week until halftime. So, what happened in the first half that made him able to play the second half?
Sounds like the score happened, NW overlooked Eastern and they decided to rest Lintz as long as possible and with Symmes Valley after Eastern I’ll go out on a limb and say they planned on resting him until the playoffs. Apparently NW players posted some stuff last season about Eastern and that’s been reposted by Eastern this year sounds like a lot of things bit NW in the butt starting with coaching.

Notagoodoleboy
Waterboy

Post by Notagoodoleboy »

Kids back in a boot today.

SOCobserver
Waterboy

Post by SOCobserver »

Word is one of the starting offensive lineman called it quits.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

SOCobserver wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:26 pm Word is one of the starting offensive lineman called it quits.
That is what I am afraid could happen once NW goes back to SOC II. Things get tough and numbers drop.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

dirt_cinders wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:40 am
SOCobserver wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:26 pm Word is one of the starting offensive lineman called it quits.
That is what I am afraid could happen once NW goes back to SOC II. Things get tough and numbers drop.
That's exactly what will happen.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Maybe some of the better athletes will transfer for a neighboring school...

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:09 am
I'm with you, I fully expect numbers to go down and I won't be surprised if the coach hangs it up also. It's why I'd like to see something done within these conferences just so many schools who are tweeners and Northwest is a perfect example.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

transplant wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:12 am Maybe some of the better athletes will transfer for a neighboring school..
Valley already has too many kids that live in the Northwest district. :lol:

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

greygoose wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:35 am
BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:09 am

I'm with you, I fully expect numbers to go down and I won't be surprised if the coach hangs it up also. It's why I'd like to see something done within these conferences just so many schools who are tweeners and Northwest is a perfect example.
Conference wise i think something is in the works.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:42 am
transplant wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:12 am Maybe some of the better athletes will transfer for a neighboring school..
Valley already has too many kids that live in the Northwest district. :lol:
Haha, we would take a few more. Been this way for years. lol

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

I believe valley has a very low CB number. I doubt they have many players from Northwest.

Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Post by Almost Champions »

They scored more points.....duh

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Depends, all went to valley from an early age, so don't count against CB number. But some do not live in the valley school district.

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Post by ValleyStrong »

Most kids leave there for various reasons. No shame in doing what is best for your child. All the transfers I know of from NW and most other schools have been there prior to jr high. Maybe 1 or 2 came during jr high. So if they leave early, the best question to ask is why do they leave? Academics, Athletics, coaching culture. But hey we are more than happy to have a few new kids either way.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

ValleyStrong wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:23 pm Most kids leave there for various reasons. No shame in doing what is best for your child. All the transfers I know of from NW and most other schools have been there prior to jr high. Maybe 1 or 2 came during jr high. So if they leave early, the best question to ask is why do they leave? Academics, Athletics, coaching culture. But hey we are more than happy to have a few new kids either way.
Kids want to go where they are competitive. Same player and same coaches for NW in the SOCII this year and you may see those players leave and numbers drop because they do not win as much. Different school and communities have their own different cultures. Some schools and kids will fight through the challenges while others not so much. We will soon see.

Return to “Football”