Freshman Team

Re: Week 10 Jackson @ Chillicothe FAC Championship

Post by mt1fan »

Jackson by a few scores.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironmen44 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:55 pm Defense wins championships…….

💯 💯 💯

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:38 pm
countywide35 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:10 pm
Ed Gennero wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:35 pm What number is the LSU player?

I would expect Bart to use his SEC talent. Was shocked Friday night that WCH never even made an attempt to target let alone hit their SEC recruit last Friday night.
I agree about Bart, he will use what talent he has at his disposal. He has been a very good coach for a number of years, even though one poster didn't think so. His coaching is another reason that I could see a very tough close ballgame.

Barts a little connected to Jackson and even more so to Jackson County itself.
While he was at Oak Hill one of the mid 90s premier Jackson athletes went to Oak Hill and they exploded. Andy O. went there and IMO was the best athlete to EVER play for Oak Hill.

On the county side. There was a couple really good QBs that left Wellston and went to Westfall for Bart. Shawn B. Now the head coach of West Jeff had a stellar senior year there and then not many years later Matt Lusk from Wellston followed the same path and he too went for big numbers at Westfall.
When Lusk left Wellston and was @ Westfall he may have have been coached by both Buescher and Bart. I could be wrong on that one.

Thats been a minute and I’m digging into the archives for that info ha.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
OleJackson
Waterboy

Post by OleJackson »

New here, but have followed SE Ohio football for many years.
My opinion on this game is simple… another running clock. The only chance Chillicothe defense has is to get some pressure on the Jackson qb and make him nervous. Fumbles and interceptions may follow, as we’ve seen before. Chillicothe isn’t going to run the ball on Jackson, so you’d better be able to throw it.
If Chillicothe can’t manage at least that, they are doomed to an embarrassing defeat. You guys can try to pump up Chillicothe to be something great, with great athletes, and all that bs, as you did with Courthouse last week. The result will be the same. Jackson is a very good team, but the FAC football is just bad.
Running clock.
Jackson 56-14

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I was aware of some of Info that you just provided, but not all of it.

MatthewG1
Waterboy

Post by MatthewG1 »

So if Chillicothe beats Jackson and Court House beats trace will it be a three way tie for the FAC Championship?

My theory if it plays out

Court House beat Chillicothe
Chillicothe beat Jackson
Jackson beat Court House

All three teams will be 4 - 1

MatthewG1
Waterboy

Post by MatthewG1 »

So if Chillicothe beats Jackson and Court House beats trace will it be a three way tie for the FAC Championship?

My theory if it plays out

Court House beat Chillicothe
Chillicothe beat Jackson
Jackson beat Court House

All three teams will be 4 - 1

CharlieMurphy
Waterboy

Post by CharlieMurphy »

Outright FAC title on the line, #1 seed possible in the playoffs. No DeSales or Hartley in the region this year...the possibility to achieve things never before achieved is there.
Go and get it Ironmen! Put your foot on their throat and keep it there. Don't give them a chance to spoil this opportunity you all have!! Dominate the trenches, take care of the ball!

SE0PScommenter
Riding the Bench

Post by SE0PScommenter »

Anyone got some season totals for the teams/players entering Week 10?

Chilli->SD
Waterboy

Post by Chilli->SD »

Chillicothe: loses to WCH by 10.
WCH: gets blown out by Jackson
Chillicothe: *chuckles* I'm in danger!

For real though, even with Max on the sidelines I think Chillicothe will be ready to do battle, don't want a second straight blowout loss in our FAC rivalry. That said, my brain says Jackson pulls away late. I'll take Ironmen 42-27. I would love to see a win and a three way split of the FAC crown, but we have to want it more, easier said than done against the boys in red.

I'm only here because the Navy said so!
Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Chilli->SD wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:36 pm Chillicothe: loses to WCH by 10.

For real though, even with Max on the sidelines I think Chillicothe will be ready to do battle, don't want a second straight blowout loss in our FAC rivalry. That said, my brain says Jackson pulls away late. I'll take Ironmen 42-27. I would love to see a win and a three way split of the FAC crown, but we have to want it more, easier said than done against the boys in red.
Oh trust me , Jackson knows it’ll be close and taking the underdog mentality. Facing SEC talent you better be ready.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Jackson 34-24

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Vik wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:11 pmJackson 34-24
Crap, we’re done. This fool always picks against us.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:44 pm

Oh trust me , Jackson knows it’ll be close and taking the underdog mentality. Facing SEC talent you better be ready.
SEC!!!!!

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:12 pm
Oh I hope you lose on a bad call and a lucky play at the horn. Then return to your car and you have a parking ticket. Then get a speeding ticket on the way home. Safe travels though.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:16 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:44 pm

SEC!!!!!

Agree, no one has that talent

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Vik wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:18 pm
Oh I hope you lose on a bad call and a lucky play at the horn. Then return to your car and you have a parking ticket. Then get a speeding ticket on the way home. Safe travels though.
😂 that’s the Vik I know

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:23 pm
Vik wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:18 pm

😂 that’s the Vik I know
I was innocent this time. Chillicothe is the type that will match up better with Hackson but Jackson is rolling it seems and it’s hard to see Chillicothe winning this game. I’ll guess it’ll be interesting most of the game.

CharlieMurphy
Waterboy

Post by CharlieMurphy »

SEC🤔 pretty sure Kentucky is in the SEC, pretty sure that tight end we saw last week is going to an SEC school too. Roethlisberger, Cooper Rush both QBs that went to MAC schools. Josh Allen went to Wyoming..So mumbo jumbo SEC blah blah. If you can't get the ball to him, it's not gonna matter what school they going to
Win the trenches. Old school em

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

If #23 was the tight end/defensive end that you are talking about, the Ironmen ran around him just as they did every other defensive player. I left at the start of the 3rd Qtr when the score became 49-0. I'm pretty sure that he didn't have a reception in the first half. Not sure about the 2nd half, as the WCH starters did play the whole game even with the Ironmen backups playing the majority of the 2nd half. At the half the radio announcer's said that WCH had a +1 yard for the first half. I could be wrong about this, but I was told later that WCH did score a TD against the Ironmen starters, and then their last 2 TD against the backups.

Return to “Football”